PREGAME Rams at Seahawks - TNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
If our Defense goes out and lays another egg, it's only a matter of time before Donald or Ramsey make a scene or blow up. There's no way this Defense should've fallen like it has.

This is 100% on Raheem. Yeah, we lost JJ3 and let's not act like Hill was a Pro Bowlers, he was a splash play guy who'd give up 10 plays to have 1.

But Morris has been putrid, and if our D gets rolled again, it's an absolutely serious concern.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Stolen from Reddit, but current players have yet to win a game following an appearance on the Manning MNF broadcast. Stafford appeared on there after the Bucs game.

We got this.
LOL there's only been 4 games. Small sample size.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
LOL there's only been 4 games. Small sample size.
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."

Kelce, Wilson, Gronk, Stafford. All great players, all followed up a Manning MNF appearance with a disappointing loss. Just sayin'

Psycho_X

Legend
Good news is that the Seahawks have been just as bad protecting Wilson as they always have. He's still being pressured on over 30% of his drop backs and has been sacked 11 times so far. Should be a good game for AD to get back into the zone. Every year AD seems to just not get into a rhythm in September. He starts ramping up the crazy AD type plays in October through December so hopefully we see that start Thursday with his favorite QB to sack.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least they're the worst defense in football so far against the run
I agree, but the Rams have to keep Chris Carson in check as well. Has there been an Ashawn Robinson sighting yet? I might be starting to miss Brockers. This game will tell us a lot about the D... and how they respond to adversity.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
How many of you will skedaddle to Seattle?

gVrqdpU.gif

The best game ever!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I just have a hard time imagining this year's defense containing Wilson. These guys were like the wild west out there vs the Cards, running inside stunts and twists and completely losing contain so will they suddenly be able to turn all that off and play disciplined?

Man I hope so. But I'm not exactly confident here. Wilson's a great QB and this is another team who has eaten a lot of shit from our defense in previous seasons and right now they know there's blood in the water. Teams know the Rams defense is shitty, they aren't gonna say it but they know.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not exactly confident here. Wilson's a great QB and this is another team who has eaten a lot of shit from our defense in previous seasons and right now they know there's blood in the water. Teams know the Rams defense is shitty, they aren't gonna say it but they know.

Seeing Murray run like that was hard to watch. Wilson isn’t quite as fast, but he’s slippery too.

I’m not where you are with the defense. It’s not shitty. It had a shitty game, IMO.

After Dalton, Wentz, and Brady… we just got our first dose of the running QB in 2021.

I think we are ready Wilson. As others have pointed out elsewhere… Ramsey and Donald aren’t likely sitting on their hands… they know what has worked before. I’m sure they’ve voiced that in preparation for Seattle.

That’s my thinking anyway.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just have a hard time imagining this year's defense containing Wilson. These guys were like the wild west out there vs the Cards, running inside stunts and twists and completely losing contain so will they suddenly be able to turn all that off and play disciplined?

Man I hope so. But I'm not exactly confident here. Wilson's a great QB and this is another team who has eaten a lot of shit from our defense in previous seasons and right now they know there's blood in the water. Teams know the Rams defense is shitty, they aren't gonna say it but they know.

Of almost bigger concern is that our defense is likely to be tired after chasing Murray and this short week.

In 2019 we completely dominated their offense in game two. Didn't even score an offensive TD.

But game one? Thursday Night Football. Wilson was perfect with 4 TDs as we couldn't stop him. I recall, vividly, how Wilson moved and our guys just couldn't catch him and it dawned on me that chasing a guy like Wilson on a short week is not ideal.

I expect the Seahawks to score 30, so we will have to score 31.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm tired too after watching them chase Murray. Been pounding beers and doing bong tokes today when I should have gotten yard work done.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rams at Seahawks Week 5 Preview: 3 Storylines to Follow​

Coming off of a rough loss to their NFC West rival, the Los Angeles Rams will look to bounce back from a 37-20 loss at the hands of the Arizona Cardinals. Facing the Seahawks on a short week, the Rams will have to travel to Seattle to try and maintain their second-place spot in the NFC West.

With all four NFC West teams clearly talented enough to make a playoff run, every single game matters, especially a divisional matchup. Stopping Russell Wilson, Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf are no easy tasks, so Jalen Ramsey and Aaron Donald will have their work cut out for them on a short week.

Here are three storylines to follow ahead of the Rams' Week 5 matchup in Seattle:

1. Can the Rams rebound on a short week?

This is going to be a physical game. The Rams defensive line looked gassed on Sunday. Donald, Sebastian Joseph-Day and Leonard Floyd did not have the speed and fluidity they normally show. Donald only won 7.7% of his pass-rush snaps and no Rams pass rusher won more than 21.7% of their snaps.

In the secondary, cornerback David Long Jr. was picked apart by Kyler Murray and the impressive Cardinals' receiving core. Jalen Ramsey won the majority of his snaps against DeAndre Hopkins and A.J. Green, but the rest of the secondary struggled. The 'star' position that Ramsey thrives in only works if the Rams' other two outside corners can hold their own, allowing Ramsey to roam the field. With two extremely talented wide receivers lining up against L.A. on Thursday, the secondary will have to step up and shape up.

2. Run, run, run the football

Running back Darrell Henderson has been one of the most effective rushers in the NFL when healthy. Meanwhile, Sony Michel is a nice compliment. The Rams are averaging 93 rushing yards per game, and Henderson has made it look easy in his three games played this year. When coach Sean McVay prioritizes the running game, the Rams win. Even though it becomes difficult when Los Angeles gets behind, the entire McVay defense is based on RPOs, play-action and the running game. For some reason, McVay abandoned the running game in key moments against Arizona, and that limited their offense into being one-dimensional. Keep the ball out of Russell Wilson’s hands, keep the Seahawks defense on the field and run the ball will be the key for the Rams in this one.

3. How do you predict the NFC West?

The NFC West is every bit as good as every other division, if not the very best in football. The AFC West is the only other division where every single team is above .500 through four weeks. Even with quarterback issues in San Francisco, offensive line issues in Seattle and unexpected success in Arizona, the NFC West is loaded from top to bottom. The three NFC wildcard teams could all come from the NFC West, but the margin for error will be so razor-thin within the division. Every single game matters and every NFC West matchup is twice as important. In Seattle, with major ramifications, L.A. needs to win badly. Falling to 3-2 and creating a tie-breaker nightmare in this jam-packed division is not something the Rams can afford from a big-picture perspective.

Season Records: Rams (3-1), Seahawks (2-2)

Previous Meeting: Rams defeated Seahawks on January 6, 2021 in a 30-20 game.

Odds: Rams -2

Stat: DeSean Jackson is averaging 24.5 yards per reception

Keep An Eye On: How the Rams' defensive line looks to contain Wilson.

Rams' Key To Victory: Apply pressure on Wilson defensively, run the ball on offense and exploit the mismatches.

Date/Time: Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 5:20 p.m. PT

TV: FOX/NFL Network

Streaming: FuboTV

Radio: 93.1 JACK FM