PREGAME Rams at Seahawks - TNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Seahawks want to run the ball. We're not that good against the run. The defense is gonna have to make stopping the run a priority. I think our offense will bounce back. We can score on them. Can our defense hold up is the question. Historically our defense has done pretty well against them. We'll see if that continues tomorrow night. I imagine the seahawks will want to pick on Long. Morris has to get him some help. Don't leave him on an island. He's not good enough for that.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Wilson is shifty and but not as fast as Murray. McVay needs to tell Morris not to call any stunts. Floyd and Lewis/Obo should attempt any inside moves when rushing the passer. Control the outside of the pocket and let Donald handle the middle.

Too many defenders were trying to be the hero inside of being discipline, trusting help from others when in pursuit.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

3 Keys to Winning for the Rams against the Seahawks​

The Los Angeles Rams (3-1) head to Seattle to take on the Seahawks (2-2) at Lumen Field in Week 5, aiming to bounce back from their first loss of the season. Kickoff Thursday night in Seattle is scheduled for 5:20 p.m. pacific time on FOX, NFL Network and Amazon.

Ahead of the game, theRams.com examines 3 Keys to Winning for the Rams, powered by The Wallace Firm:

1) Stay disciplined in the second and third levels of the defense

In other words, the fewer mistakes made by the linebackers and secondary, the better.

The responsibility of preventing Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson from making plays with his legs can't fall on the defensive line alone, and, as seen with the Cardinals' Kyler Murray last week, breaking contain at the second level can lead to momentum-changing plays, which makes a clean game from the Rams' outside linebackers all the more important.

And, similar to what Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey said about having to stick with receivers longer because of Murray's ability to extend plays, the same applies for the Rams defensive backs against Wilson with receivers like DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett to throw to.

2) Play a clean game offensively

As mentioned in First Look, the Seahawks rank last in the league in total defense, so on paper, there is a clear opportunity for the Rams offense to bounce back from last week's performance.

That being said, the only way to properly take advantage of it is to minimize penalties, and more importantly, turnovers.

Playing a clean game also means strong non-verbal communication in what's expected to be a loud road environment.

3) Make Wilson a spectator

Simply put, the easiest way to prevent Wilson from making plays is to keep off the field as much as possible. That means long, sustained scoring drives for the Rams offense and creating takeaways for the Rams defense.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Comparing the Rams and Seahawks statistics after 4 games in the 2021 season has little merit to me on how this game will pan out.

Since 12/17/2017, the Rams have won 6 of their last 8 contests against the Seahawks. Trends and stats are overrated.

Arizona proved that last Sunday by thumping the Rams.

This game is coin toss on paper imo. I'm hoping the Rams bring their A game and get back to their winning ways.

01/09/2021Los Angeles Rams30@Seattle Seahawks20WBox
12/27/2020Los Angeles Rams9@Seattle Seahawks20LBox
11/15/2020Seattle Seahawks16@Los Angeles Rams23WBox
12/08/2019Seattle Seahawks12@Los Angeles Rams28WBox
10/03/2019Los Angeles Rams29@Seattle Seahawks30LBox
11/11/2018Seattle Seahawks31@Los Angeles Rams36WBox
10/07/2018Los Angeles Rams33@Seattle Seahawks31WBox
12/17/2017Los Angeles Rams42@Seattle Seahawks7WBox

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
In 2021, when winning coin toss, Rams are 3-0.

When losing coin toss, Rams are 0-1.

Coin toss is everything

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, this our Get Right game. Beat the brakes off the SeaChickens and make the 12th man quit at halftime
In 2021, when winning coin toss, Rams are 3-0.

When losing coin toss, Rams are 0-1.

Coin toss is everything
Losing the coin toss hobbles our defense. It's science.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll try to avoid the game thread once the game starts as I usually do. But I just want to warn people now - expect our defense to get shellacked tonight.

Wilson has the best passer rating in the NFL.

But more than that - Seattle has won 9 straight Thursday games. I'm like 96% sure that having mobile/elusive QB is the single biggest advantage for a Thursday game. Wilson will be pretty fresh, while our d will be exhausted from chasing Murray around 4 days ago.

Two years ago - almost to the day - Wilson shredded us to the tune of 4 TD passes and 30 points. That's about what I expect to see tonight.

So, I'm essentially giving the defense a pass tonight. In my book, evaluation of Raheem Morris will continue next week.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'll try to avoid the game thread once the game starts as I usually do. But I just want to warn people now - expect our defense to get shellacked tonight.

Wilson has the best passer rating in the NFL.

But more than that - Seattle has won 9 straight Thursday games. I'm like 96% sure that having mobile/elusive QB is the single biggest advantage for a Thursday game. Wilson will be pretty fresh, while our d will be exhausted from chasing Murray around 4 days ago.

Two years ago - almost to the day - Wilson shredded us to the tune of 4 TD passes and 30 points. That's about what I expect to see tonight.

So, I'm essentially giving the defense a pass tonight. In my book, evaluation of Raheem Morris will continue next week.
I'm starting to think a mobile/elusive QB is the single biggest advantage in the league in every game. Without Murray's elusiveness last week, I think we win even with our horrible turnovers. He escaped 2 big sacks on 3rd and long and ran for the first downs. Those are, essentially, 2 missed turnovers due to his mobility. Wilson ran for a big TD late in the game also. Its a big advantage.

As for us being exhausted for having run after Murray 4 days ago, I don't think so. These are elite athletes. I can jog/run every day and I'm not remotely close to one.