PREGAME Rams at Saints - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Saints Make Official Starting Quarterback Decision Following Ugly Loss​

The New Orleans Saints are down in the dumps following a disastrous 20-10 loss to the Steelers last Sunday. However, the team isn't making any big changes following the defeat.

The Saints are sticking with quarterback Andy Dalton as their starter. He remains one spot ahead of Jameis Winston on the team's QB depth chart.

In a 20-10 loss to the Steelers, Dalton completed 17 of his 27 pass attempts for 174 yards and one touchdown with two picks.

Some feel the Saints should move on from Dalton and give Winston a shot. However, it appears Dalton is getting the nod for Week 11 and beyond.

"Saints HC Dennis Allen told reporters the team will start QB Andy Dalton on Sunday," said Adam Schefter.

View: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1592976847251591168?s=61&t=EMxeWQGJ_snN1x6pXd8suQ

It's worth noting there's a belief out there that Jameis Winston isn't exactly healthy yet. When he is don't be surprised if Dennis Allen makes the switch and goes with the former FSU star.

The Saints battle the Rams in Week 11 before playing the 49ers on Nov. 27.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Lets get a win in NOLA and start turning this ship around!!!

Site of one of the greatest Ram victories ever!!!

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Stafford is a go, so there's a chance. I never want to see Wolford under center again. Will be interesting to see Stafford without Cupp. Who steps up? I feel like McVay will be run heavy in this one.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This year is shot. No chance for winning season and playoffs. But guys like Jefferson and Allen Robinson will be back next year. Maybe its a good time for Stafford to be forced into developing a rapport with someone other than Kupp. This could be a good thing long term. Well, that is my silver lining comment for the day.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I am guessing we make Andy Dalton look like Drew Brees this week. Probably 70% completion on about 32 attps with 2 TDs and 275 yds.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am guessing we make Andy Dalton look like Drew Brees this week. Probably 70% completion on about 32 attps with 2 TDs and 275 yds.
Andy Dalton blows. I am optimistic....

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
let's get 2 in a row! go rams

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Andy Dalton blows. I am optimistic....
Indeed he does blow, but it's not like our scheme stresses QBs and a vet like him could easily sit back and have a good day.

So I am not so optimistic.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I see we are embarking on a new streak, of sorts.
Whoever we play, the opposing team uses the backup QB.
If that happens for the next 7 games, we might win 2 of them.... :yawn:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reduce Aaron Donald's snaps and put Bobby Brown in there. Let's see what he's got. I realize they play different positions but move someone else over to the 3 or 5-techinque. I'm tired of watching these young guys sitting on the bench. And put in Hoecht, Jonah Williams, Tutu, McCutcheon, and AJ Arcuri as well. Let's find out what they have for next year.... the season's already over anyway. JMO

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
This year is shot. No chance for winning season and playoffs. But guys like Jefferson and Allen Robinson will be back next year. Maybe its a good time for Stafford to be forced into developing a rapport with someone other than Kupp. This could be a good thing long term. Well, that is my silver lining comment for the day.
Robinson is toast. He's still living off the 1200 yard season with the bears. He hasn't had over 63 yards receiving yet this year.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Robinson is toast. He's still living off the 1200 yard season with the bears. He hasn't had over 63 yards receiving yet this year.
The whole offense is toast. He'll have to be Stafford's first option now. It will be interesting to see how that works and if Stafford will finally be more comfortable with him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
In retrospect I sure wish Andy Dalton was the Rams backup QB.
That I would agree with. Perfect back up if you have a good offense around him. This yr he would have issues here, normally he would be a good fit.

Last edited:

Zodi

Hall of Fame

Dalton is miles ahead of Colt McCoy and we already made McCoy look like Brees.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
If they are smart they will throw to the rookie. Go rams

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Reduce Aaron Donald's snaps and put Bobby Brown in there. Let's see what he's got. I realize they play different positions but move someone else over to the 3 or 5-techinque. I'm tired of watching these young guys sitting on the bench. And put in Hoecht, Jonah Williams, Tutu, McCutcheon, and AJ Arcuri as well. Let's find out what they have for next year.... the season's already over anyway. JMO

Rochell, Durant, Earnest Brown IV, Yeast, Lake, and Jacob Harris as well. I want to see what the kids can do with Scott and Rapp moving on to free agency, with Fuller constantly hurt.