GAME DAY Rams at Lions - Wild Card Sunday - GDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Legal doesn't mean it was a clean or good play. By the book it's not a penalty. Still it's a shitty tackle but yes legal.
Believe it falls under defenseless receiver but I'll give the same answer. I'll just agree to disagree with those that don't see it that way.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Believe it falls under defenseless receiver but I'll give the same answer. I'll just agree to disagree with those that don't see it that way.
I believe these are the qualifiers that would make it a defenseless player hit which none of them qualify on this hit. He went low which is shitty but that's legal and he didn't lead with the crown of the helmet.

1705297427115.png

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Yeah, the hit on Higbee was doubtlessly legal.

But it should not be.

Very dangerous play. Players have been wanting it eliminated for decades. Many say they would rather take a vicious blow to the head than get cut down like that.

It is strange that this type of hit is still allowed with how the NFL has been bending over backwards to favour the offense and, allegedly, is all about player safety.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And he took some nasty hits too. He got clocked in the helmet pretty good. Again another missed call.
Yeah the defender went after his fucking head. Clear as day. No call. Forearm shiver as we used to call it right in the head and could have hurt him quite badly.

I get that Detroit was playing physical and hard and all that. But there were a lot of dirty fucking hits in that game by their shit ass defense. I look forward to them being run off the field by a real contender.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I watched the entire game closely. We scored 9 points in 3 trips inside the 10. That cost us the game.

The refs took points away from the Lions in the first half with the blown call on the false start. Ernest was in the neutral zone. When you watch the game, it evens out. Wrolstad's crew should face consequences for being inept, but we didn't get robbed. They screwed both teams at various points. That's how it goes.
Dude you are trying to be altruistic.

Fine give that one call to the Lions. That wasn't a game changing call.

I am no longer putting my head in the sand and seeing as it is. Money.

I did not believe the NFL fixed games and I now see that they may. "May" is a paradigm shift I need to reconcile.

We are 0-4 with this officiating crew that is assigned by the NFL. I need to reconcile that as well.

I am proud of this team and how it beat the odds this year by a bushel.

I am not proud of how I saw this game.

You be you.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Late hit, second guy is helmet-to-helmet hit and then he's stepped on for good measure once he's gone down.

A cavalcade of bullshit.
And the referee who is supposed to be watching for that looks like he's intentionally looking away so he doesn't have to acknowledge it.
Even the goofball broadcast announcers didn't bother to mention the obvious late quarterback hit.

And that obvious hold on Nakua's jersey was bullshit too.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
The forearm to Williams head by Reeves-.Maybin wasn't legal,the hit by Anzalone on the last pass to Puka wasn't legal, whoever that was that tackled Kupp 2 yards out of bounds wasn't legal,the hit fat ass #54 McNeil put on Stafford wasn't legal The officals only missed 4 personal fouls the second half I guess that wasn't too bad.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I woke up this morning still baffled by the decision to punt.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hate to second guess decisions like that made in the moment because if we get the stop maybe we still get the dub. But I'm sure he wishes he had it back.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I was okay with it but had they gone for it and not made it and then held ... would have been tough decision. I will say I was surprised a little bit. Seems like it was more of a go-for-it situation. But not in a way that was so definitive one way or the other. FWIW i think the analytics said go for it.

IMO the problem with punting was that strategy needs your four time outs (2 min) and we had just two. Little room for error ...

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Please replace Michael Hoecht as starter OLB next year, as he got beat so many times because he is too big and slow.
Shouldn’t be dropping in coverage…not his skill set.

Roster building will continue and better players will push off the marginal players.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if they went on 4th, and they played the same D on Puka that they did on 3rd down, if the would have thrown the flag. I hate to think this way but I feel like they might have given a make up call for missing the PI on 3rd.