PREGAME Rams at Giants - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

First Look: Rams head to East Coast for New Year's Eve matchup with Giants in Week 17​

The Rams are bound for the East Coast this week for a road game against the Giants at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Kickoff on Sunday is scheduled for 10 a.m. pacific time on FOX.

In advance of the contest, here is your First Look at Rams-Giants:

Notable Giants additions​

• Signed K Mason Crosby to Practice Squad:Crosby spent a week with the Rams competing with Lucas Havrisik in practice during Week 14 before Los Angeles ultimately decided to stick with Havrisik. Now, he's suiting up for the Giants after Cade York was placed on Injured Reserve.
  • Acquired TE Darren Waller in a trade with the Raiders in mid-March: A hamstring injury in Week 8 sidelined Waller for five games and put him on IR before being activated and making his return in Week 15 against the Saints. He has 42 catches for 456 yards and one touchdown in 10 games played this season.

Top Performers in Week 16​

QB Tyrod Taylor completed 7 of 16 pass attempts for 133 yards with 1 touchdown against 1 interception in the Giants' 33-25 loss to the Eagles; Taylor replaced starter Tommy DeVito, who was benched at halftime after starting the Giants' last six games (including Week 16).

RB Saquon Barkley controlled New York's backfield with a team-high 23 carries for 80 yards and one touchdown.

WR Darius Slayton led the Giants receivers with three catches for 90 yards and 1 touchdown.

DB Adoree' Jackson's 76-yard interception return for a touchdown highlighted New York's defensive efforts, as well as LB Bobby Okereke's 10 total tackles.

On special teams, Crosby made his lone field goal attempt (52 yards) and both of his extra point attempts, while P Jamie Gillan averaged 39.5 yards per punt across four punts.

Early storylines to watch, and what they mean for the Rams

First and foremost, the chance to clinch a playoff berth.

The Rams need a win over the Giants, plus a Seahawks loss to the Steelers, or a win over the Giants and a Packers-Vikings tie, to earn a playoff spot in Week 17.

But which New York quarterback will Los Angeles be preparing for?

Giants head coach Brian Daboll was noncommittal on whether it would be Taylor or DeVito this week. Daboll told New York reporters going to Taylor was done to try to spark the team (Giants were trailing the Eagles 20-3 at halftime Monday night), so that remains a development to watch as the rest of the week plays out.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Beat that ass! Strike fear in the hearts of 49ers!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Giants are out of the Wild Card race. and so are they thinking about their Cabo vacation already during the game...or are they gonna show heart against us? I know that we need to follow the recipe for a win: Run the ball with Kyren early and often, sprinkling in chunk throw calls to Puka, Cooper, Tyler and others!. Just win boys no matter what.

RamWoodie

Legend
This could be a very tough game...PUT THAT DOWN!!! I think the Rams win but the Giants are a good defense but they begin to wear down in the 4th because they can't be consistent on offense.

If Taylor is the starter he can definitely keep plays alive and cause breakdowns in the secondary and then we have the worry of over the top plays which we know the Ram secondary is prone to give up. We also know the secondary can tighten up inside the red zone...and that's a good thing.

At this point I'm feeling a win of like 20-13.

oldnotdead

Legend
The Rams need to simply go out and execute their offense and force DC to keep up. The only way they lose this game is by giving it away. Morris can't play soft allowing them to stay in the game. Once the Rams built a lead Morris went back to his soft secondary allowing the Saints to mount a comeback.

If Sean thinks he might have to kick a FG just put Lucas on the right hash that will help. But Havrisik has always been wildly inconsistent even in college. I know because I live here in Tucson and Havrisik played at AZ. The closer he is to 40 yds the more they need to have him kick from the right hash where he is more consistent (not totally, but better than from the left hash).

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
The only way we lose this game is through complacency.

We’re so close to the playoffs that I can’t see our coaches and senior players letting standards slip now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man my internal calendar is all messed up. Add more liquor this week and I'm not sure I'll k own which was is up next week.

Go Rams!

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I think Stafford is really seeing the Defense well which is key this week because the blitz is coming early and often. I expect McVay will have quite a few things dialed up this week to take advantage of an aggressive Giants defense.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Every week has been must win lately. The 49er loss likely means they will be going all in to beat us. We cannot be looking ahead to that one. The Giants are capable of competing. Need to focus on that one and see what happens in the standings after week 17 is done.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if Taylor starts, we'd likely see Devito by halftime. Taylor cant stay on the field for a full game

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
They are definitely better with Taylor. I don’t think the Giants are anywhere close to good but I think this will be tougher than Saints or Commodes. Gotta take the crowd out early and bring out the boo birds.

Ellard80

Legend
Tyrod and DeVito look pretty similar stats wise.

I'd have preferred the inexperienced QB but not sure its much diff either way.