Rams at Bears vent thread part deux

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

I started the vent thread and I'm still here. :) What happened to that thread? It's a mystery. :sneaky:

A few observations:

(1) This is the first time I can remember a Vent thread being more civilized than a GDT thread.

(2) The Rams should petition the league to never be allowed a bye again.

(3) As other's have mentioned in other threads, "Since AD is being double and triple teamed on every play, what are the other players on the D-line doing?"

(4) The O-line is running on empty. The same thing happened at the tail end of last season. This of course has had a domino effect on the QB and the running game. We're the only team two years in a row that has had the same 5 linemen start every game. Do we have no depth?

(5) The Rams D is built on rushing the passer. This accounts for those gaping holes that opposing RB's run through every game. Maybe it's time to tweak that philosophy.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
After Goff missed a wide open Woods in the first series by almost 5 yards, I knew we were in for a bad night.

Goff just can't throw with the gloves he is wearing.

He was so off. I could count on one hand how many passes Goff threw accurately to his receivers last night.

Good thing he wasn't drafted by a cold weather team.

So the last two games

1) First game - Goff appeared to be under the weather and couldn't think straight (he made so many bad decisions)
2) Second game - Goff had gloves on.

I think we will be fine when we reach the playoffs and only have to go on the road to possibly play the saints who play in a dome. And I think we can beat the Saints with Talib playing.

We will definitely win 2 of our last 3 games to get a first round bye.
To be fair, the Saints have been missing Ginn and Armstead, with the two of them we are a different team.

Also the Saints now have back Marcus Davenport. Since his return 3 weeks ago the Saints have 20 sacks.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Where did Ebukam go? I thought that KC game would be his coming out party.

They showed Donald literally getting triple teamed. You’d think other guys would take more advantage of the opportunity...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Man, tough crowd. I get that last night's performance sucked, but the sky is not falling. New Orleans had a bad game against Dallas less than two weeks ago and got held to 10 points, and they absolutely got hammered by Tampa Bay (Tampa Bay!!!) at the beginning of the season ... and yesterday they were very lackluster against that same Tampa Bay team before pulling away late, despite playing in conditions far better than what the Rams played in last night. Is the sky falling in NO? I'm not going to throw the whole team under the bus, we are still 11-2 and have beaten some very good teams. But in a 16 game season, a team is going to lay an egg once in a while, and that's what the Rams did last night.

The two biggest reasons for the loss as I see it were a terrible gameplan/playcalling by McVay, and our OL having a very subpar performance. The latter concerned me the most because they just looked tired from the get-go, and I'm wondering if they are having some late season fatigue. This offseason would be a good time for a youth movement on that front, given the age of Whit and Sully.

I'm mostly happy with the D performance last night, although we still give up too many yards on the ground. Some of that is Wade's scheme, given that he wants his DL to get upfield, but it's a problem because we don't have the ILBs to plug the holes. Barron should be let go in the offseason, his best position is OLB in a 4-3. We need a better run stopper in his place, and that might mean ...

MAN OH MAN: Wade--> why not Kiser????

Ditto what SteveBrown said.

Still, they only gave up 13 points themselves and have only given up one offensive TD in each of the last two weeks, in road games against decent QBs.

Losing sucks enough, but let's not lose perspective either.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seems like with Suh across from the RT, they just stay out of his lanes of responsibility, let Donald rush up-field and then run up his vacated lane where Littleton and Barron can't bring down the ball carrier without riding him 5 yards down the field after begining their tackle.
I dont know how much worse Kiser would be in the pass game, but we must get sturdier in the middle of our D.

Yeah, I want to see Hager or Kiser. Barron isn't playing like himself. He's missing tackles and not playing with the reckless abandon of the past. He just doesn't fill gaps with authority. And Littleton isn't doing that either. We need someone who can.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
There were a lot of times where I felt Goff could've gotten the ball out of his hands quickly to Gurley. On several occasions there were opportunities to get our best offensive playmaker the ball. We'll learn from this and move on. I want to see a statement game vs the Eagles next week.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Hager or Kiser over Barron, sure.... but what about Ramik, who played okay replacing an injured Barron at the beginning of the season. I'm thinking they're staying with Barron because of his experience and knowledge of this D, and maybe past accomplishments, that's the only way starting him makes any sense.

I'm also wondering why when AD gets triple-teamed that others aren't stepping up. But as we know the D wasn't the problem it was the O.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Hager or Kiser over Barron, sure.... but what about Ramik, who played okay replacing an injured Barron at the beginning of the season. I'm thinking they're staying with Barron because of his experience and knowledge of this D, and maybe past accomplishments, that's the only way starting him makes any sense.

I'm also wondering why when AD gets triple-teamed that others aren't stepping up. But as we know the D wasn't the problem it was the O.

I'd be fine with Ramik stepping in now, although I think long term I want to see Kiser get his shot.

Ellard80

Legend
The announcers made a good point last night.. we are not a deep team.

We have a lot of high paid players but we are thin behind them.

It's not so much that we lost that bothers me. It's how absolutely inept we were.

I'm trying to tell myself it happens... trying..

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The announcers made a good point last night.. we are not a deep team.

We have a lot of high paid players but we are thin behind them.

It's not so much that we lost that bothers me. It's how absolutely inept we were.

I'm trying to tell myself it happens... trying..

I don't necessarily agree with that take. Last night's mulligan notwithstanding, players like Reynolds and Everett stepped up quite well when Kupp went down. We have a couple of promising young OL behind Whit and Sullivan who just haven't had the time yet. And our two drafts under McSnead have been fairly productive.

I think our problem on O, to the degree we have problems, is that our OL is old and they wear down toward the end of the season (something I think was on full display last night). On D, we are really lacking a good, inside thumper at ILB, and Barron needs to be replaced, stat. Wade could use to tweak his scheme a bit too.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Uhg... I hate this day where all the Bears fans get to gloat in my face. Some opponents I just hate the Rams losing to

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
5 years of playing LB has caught up to Mark Barron. He looks like he’s done.
Sad.... we all see it..... every other NFL team knows it, but the Rams keep starting him anyway. Barron looks like he done??? IMO Barron IS done as an effective contributor in this defense. I would remove the word "Looks".

Says something about this teams procured ILB'er depth. Just think how Bryce Hager, Ramik Wilson, Micah Kiser & Travin Howard feel knowing that Wade is starting a known weak link who is broke before the game begins. Remember 3 of those ILB'ers were just aquired by Snead this off season to help this Ram team.
Then there's this mystical mantra being posted & chanted......"let's Move On" ...of course the Rams will move on, not so sure that Rams fans will follow so fast though. Moving on with the same pieces starting next week will not remedy the affliction that resulted in this loss. Not that we as Rams fans could do anything about it either. "Moving on" just gets this real ugly & stinky smell out of our faces true enough but the stink will remain with this team for a long time.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah, I want to see Hager or Kiser. Barron isn't playing like himself. He's missing tackles and not playing with the reckless abandon of the past. He just doesn't fill gaps with authority. And Littleton isn't doing that either. We need someone who can.

Questions for our members here ....

#1)-Do we know as Ram fans any reason why Cory Littleton can't continue to Captain & call this defense from the Mark Barron interior position? :bueller:

#2)-How wrong am I to believe that the best playing position for Cory is the Barron post?:bueller:

#3)- If Littleton slid into Barron's post removing our broken weak link then Wade can utilize either his 4 yr reserve MLB'er Bryce Hager or our drafted rookie Micah Kiser in the MLB post. What prohibits Wade from utilizing Safety Marqui Christian like he has all season in sure passing situation when Barron usually departs the field of play in defensive series.:bueller:

Last edited:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ugly loss with some glaring problems . :deadhorse: ILBERS , burning timeouts and rushing to get every play off , 7 step drops all game long , and not adjusting to quick passes using the middle of the field . Some of this can be fixed , but some will remain a big problem. Why they haven't brought in or drafted a run stuffing LBER is beyond me . :banghead: It's not like Barron is a good cover man .

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Everyone is on Barron and rightfully so, but when is the last time you heard Brockers name called for making a play/tackle?

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does anyone think travel might have something to do with this pizz poor effort last night? Back to back road trips to the North Central Region might have played a part. Not making excuses, just trying to wrap my head around what went down last night.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.