Rams aren't shopping Tavon Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8402/tavon-austin
RECENT NEWS
According to Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports, the Rams aren't shopping Tavon Austin.
There was speculation Austin could be dealt after the Rams acquired Sammy Watkins from Buffalo on Friday, but multiple outlets have confirmed that isn't the case. Obviously Watkins' presence will mean fewer targets for Austin, whose fantasy appeal was flimsy to begin with. A glorified gadget player (despite ludicrous comparisons to DeSean Jackson), the former eighth overall pick ranked 123rd out of 154 qualified receivers in yards per reception last season. Aug 11 - 2:13 PM
Source: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which leads me to believe he'll be traded by kickoff tomorrow. Lol

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which leads me to believe he'll be traded by kickoff tomorrow. Lol

Yeah could be a smoke screen to get someone to pay more in a trade. If the Rams say they are shopping him that would decrease his value.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
considering there wasnt a peep about the Watkins trade, not sure how much stock one can put into this

HellRam

Starter
No reason to trade Tavon this year... we are in win now mode. Why else would we tag Tru Johnson in back to back years. Its about this season. Which is refreshing IMO, with Fisher it was like every year was about building for the future, thus the Rams never had a complete team to truly compete with.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Jmho....Nonsence......they won't trade him..... the potential with him is too great.... ;)

Go Rams........ ;)

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
huge cap ramifications on both ends of a proposed Tavon trade. They aren't trading him because a deal wouldn't make sense for either side.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they don't trade Tavon it is because nobody will give them what they want for him.

WvuIN02

Starter
If they do trade him I hope to God he goes to a team who has a clue how to use him. Ie not Rob Boras never coordinated an NFL offense type of offense.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
If they do trade him I hope to God he goes to a team who has a clue how to use him. Ie not Rob Boras never coordinated an NFL offense type of offense.

Boras didnt give us an offense last season, but he gave us an offensive piece this season. He might be on my ok list now.

FRO

Legend
Who would want him with that contract? What will you get for him a late round draft pick?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stack that WR list now. Here's your starters:

1. X Watkins
2. Z Woods
3. Y Kupp

Holy shiite that is a good looking lineup of WRs. So much better than before that it's downright insane. If you don't think Tavon's not a fit now you're smoking something. Given what he's paid, that amount of snaps and impact could be filled for much, much cheaper. This is a business.

Pressure's really on Tavon now and I love it. They already ate most of his salary for this season, but by next year he's a goner barring him coming out and ballin his @$$ off. Competition is a beautiful thing.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Tavon will probably find a lot more room this year - defenses can't focus on him anymore at all.

WvuIN02

Starter
Who would want him with that contract? What will you get for him a late round draft pick?
A team with cap space and a decent offense around him and understands how dumb the Rams were last year?

Mick

Pro Bowler
Jmho....Nonsence......they won't trade him..... the potential with him is too great.... ;)

Go Rams........ ;)
I don't see the potential for him to get many touches....he doesn't play in a 3 wr set, does he? I dunno.....

FRO

Legend
A team with cap space and a decent offense around him and understands how dumb the Rams were last year?
Austin has played in the NFL for 4 seasons. Yes Fisher and company share blame in his lack of production, but Austin has to own the majority of it. His poor route running has hurt him and the team.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Austin won't be traded because he just became much more dangerous.

If you don't see that, get ready.