Rams are waiving Rok (per Adam Caplan)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
This team doesn't freak around, do they?
Nope and they don't keep players who aren't trying to get better or become a good player. It's nice. I hope it sends a message to everyone else

nighttrain

Legend
brokeu91 said:
This might mean that they believe Chris Williams is ready to be a starter. Also it could mean Rok showed up out of shape and not ready to work. There could also be a practice squad guy or UDFA that they like. Who knows.
This might mean that they believe Chris Williams is ready to be a starter. Also it could mean Rok showed up out of shape and not ready to work
sounds about right though
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I think this will be very good for the Ram's long term ability to keep their draftees focused on what's important. An object lesson that even the dumbest will understand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
I think this will be very good for the Ram's long term ability to keep their draftees focused on what's important. An object lesson that even the dumbest will understand.
Just a brilliant, strong message to the team a day before vet camp starts.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
DR RAM said:
max said:
Lets face it, Rok was a project at best.

He was awful in his first and only game. And he wasn't serious about his game.

I never expected much from him beyond being a backup. And Sofli hinted that Rok was a big risk of coming in overweight.
If every player got cut after playing badly their first game, then there wouldn't be enough players to fill rosters around the league. The serious part, that he came in out of shape, again...true.

My point was that there were posters who were pencilling in Rok as the answer at LG. And my response was based on what? Some promising reviews in preseason? It was a huge stretch. And I expected little from the guy. So sure, you hope for the best, but plan for the worst. And the worst was the more likely outcome.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
About that overweight thing....

Didn't we sign a 400 pounder? lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Confirmed. It was his big fat weight.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/360114329552556033[/tweet]

jap

Legend
DR RAM said:

Hey!, the Fisher King has to establish standards for accountability and the like. Roc now becomes an object lesson for veterans and youngsters alike.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
max said:
DR RAM said:
max said:
Lets face it, Rok was a project at best.

He was awful in his first and only game. And he wasn't serious about his game.

I never expected much from him beyond being a backup. And Sofli hinted that Rok was a big risk of coming in overweight.
If every player got cut after playing badly their first game, then there wouldn't be enough players to fill rosters around the league. The serious part, that he came in out of shape, again...true.

[hilite]My point was that there were posters who were pencilling in Rok as the answer at LG.[/hilite] And my response was based on what? Some promising reviews in preseason? It was a huge stretch. And I expected little from the guy. So sure, you hope for the best, but plan for the worst. And the worst was the more likely outcome

I missed that completely then, because I haven't seen one poster here at the ROD say that about Rok since last season. He was running with the 2's at RG in OTA's. I guess Fisher expected a lot.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Hmm, pretty disappointing. Rok must have really have been in the wrong. Attitude or will may be the question, perhaps he showed up to camp out of shape again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
biggame1190 said:
Hmm, pretty disappointing. Rok must have really have been in the wrong. Attitude or will may be the question, perhaps he showed up to camp out of shape again.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/360114329552556033[/tweet]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:
Nope and they don't keep players who aren't trying to get better or become a good player. It's nice. I hope it sends a message to everyone else

That's it right there.

If Rok doesn't want to work, Fisher doesn't have time for him.

jap

Legend
biggame1190 said:

Yep!, word is he reported well above his target. I was surprised because the Roc said he was staying in town to continue working out. I guess he assumed (wrongly!) the Fisher King would give him a pass again.

wolfman84

Rookie
Disappointing news. I was hoping Rok could be groomed as an eventual replacement for Dahl. Good to to see players being held accountable though. Sets an excellent example as others have pointed out. A door has opened for other linemen in camp. Keep an eye on Braden Brown of BYU. I believe was signed soon after the draft and for the same amount they gave Cody Davis which tells me he was pretty high on their "want" list. He's been dinged up a little bit and currently on the PUP with Cudjo and Kendricks. Here's a bleacher report link with some info on him:
<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1616671-braden-brown-5-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-byu-ot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1616 ... the-byu-ot</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
wolfman84 said:
Disappointing news. I was hoping Rok could be groomed as an eventual replacement for Dahl. Good to to see players being held accountable though. Sets an excellent example as others have pointed out. A door has opened for other linemen in camp. Keep an eye on Braden Brown of BYU. I believe was signed soon after the draft and for the same amount they gave Cody Davis which tells me he was pretty high on their "want" list. He's been dinged up a little bit and currently on the PUP with Cudjo and Kendricks. Here's a bleacher report link with some info on him:
<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1616671-braden-brown-5-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-byu-ot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1616 ... the-byu-ot</a>

Good points.

One thing is for sure; Boudreau knows what good players look like. Cutting Rok tells me they have some guys they like.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM wondering how he missed the ROK bandwagon:
I missed that completely then, because I haven't seen one poster here at the ROD say that about Rok since last season. He was running with the 2's at RG in OTA's. I guess Fisher expected a lot.
I think max might be confusing ROD with The Huddle. Every time I would rant about my concerns about our O-line (especially before the draft) many posters, led by zn if I remember correctly, insisted that our O-line was fine and that ROK pretty much had the LG starting job locked up.

I frequently forget which board I've said something or read something on. That's why I stick to posting and/or reading only the one board at a time.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If he didn't care enough for himself or the team to push away from the dinner table then good riddance.