Rams are waiving Rok (per Adam Caplan)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/360104469859549185[/tweet]

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Wow. I thought Rok was going to be solid, just got set back because of the injury. Bummer.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Here's an article from PFT, but it just reports that Caplan is reporting it

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/24/report-rams-to-waive-guard-rokevious-watkins/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-watkins/</a>
The Rams will waive second-year guard Rokevious Watkins, Adam Caplan of TheSidelineView.com reported Wednesday.

Watkins, 24, played 36 snaps in the Rams’ Week One loss at Detroit in 2012 but missed the rest of the season with an ankle injury. In May, he was suspended for one game for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy. He was regarded as one of the Rams’ options at left guard entering 2013.

Watkins (6-3, 338) was the Rams’ fifth-round pick in 2012 (No. 150 overall).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wonder if he showed up out of shape again.
Today was the day the vets report for conditioning tests.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So who's left...Barrett Jones, Shelley Smith, Brandon Washington and some PS guys?

Either that means Barrett is gonna get the job or they're making a way for a vet i.e. Travelle Wharton who just got released.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
So who's left...Barrett Jones, Shelley Smith, Brandon Washington and some PS guys?

Either that means Barrett is gonna get the job or they're making a way for a vet i.e. Travelle Wharton who just got released.

Chris Williams. Probably his job to lose now.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
This might mean that they believe Chris Williams is ready to be a starter. Also it could mean Rok showed up out of shape and not ready to work. There could also be a practice squad guy or UDFA that they like. Who knows.

Really surprising. I really thought this was a late round pick that was going to make an impact a year or two after he was drafted. Such a bummer that the opposite happened.

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah.. sucks he came in over his target weight. Jeff Fisher gave the guy chances and he blew them.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
@jthom1: Farewell to OG Rokevious Watkins, Rams 5th round pick in 2012 has been released by team. Sources say he reported well over his target weight

JT makes it solid.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Lets face it, Rok was a project at best.

He was awful in his first and only game. And he wasn't serious about his game.

I never expected much from him beyond being a backup. And Sofli hinted that Rok was a big risk of coming in overweight.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Wonder if he showed up out of shape again.
Today was the day the vets report for conditioning tests.
Had to be it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
max said:
Lets face it, Rok was a project at best.

He was awful in his first and only game. And he wasn't serious about his game.

I never expected much from him beyond being a backup. And Sofli hinted that Rok was a big risk of coming in overweight.
If every player got cut after playing badly their first game, then there wouldn't be enough players to fill rosters around the league. The serious part, that he came in out of shape, again...true.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This team doesn't fuck around, do they?