Rams Approved To Relocate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Demoff encouraged people to keep the faith about the Rams staying until the beginning of last season. Then he wasn't heard from again. Georgia never got a pass. I read from fans every year on these forums about how she was a "whore who killed her husband and stole the team." While it's true that she moved the team and freaked some things up, I'm pretty sure it was Rosenblooms idea to move them to Anaheim. Also while she may have been hated in L.A. deservedly so or not, she made her presence felt in St. Louis. She made charitable donations constantly, and could be seen on the field or engaging with fans almost every game before she got sick. Many of her charities still live on in St. Louis today. She was also never a snake in the freaking grass about what she was going to do with the team. She said she was getting a sweetheart of a deal so she took it. Kroenke playing this freaking victim card is hilarious.

Also while the justice system is a part of what makes a free democratic society great, ours is far from perfect. Me creating a hypothetical situation about A MURDER LITERATELY GETTING OFF SCOTCH FREE because of a loop hole in the system, is just that, a hypothetical situation just eluding to the fact that people can still be good at their jobs and be scumbags. If you want me to present a new hypothetical situation illustrating that again I'm sure I can think of 1 or maybe a thousand. You could probably think of some yourself.
Isn't this a little hyperbole from a soap box? Georgia claimed many of the same things while she was gutting the team and building a serious loser to help her momentum in moving the team. To say she wasn't a snake in the grass simply isn't accurate if we are comparing tactics.

And while many called her the evil incarnate, isn't that what is going on now with St Louis fans and Stan? It was about the money then and it's about the money now.

RamBill

Legend
Count former coach John Robinson among strongest supporters of Rams' return to L.A.

By Gary Klein

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-rams-john-robinson-20160116-story.html#nt=outfit

When the Rams left Southern California for St. Louis after the 1994 NFL season, John Robinson thought the franchise was gone forever.

The former Rams and USC coach never anticipated the team would return to Los Angeles and possibly play in the Coliseum.

"Hell no," he said, laughing.

The NFL this week approved the Rams' relocation to the Southland for the 2016 season. The team is expected to play three seasons at the Coliseum before moving into a new stadium in Inglewood before the 2019 season.

Robinson, 80, said he was "excited about the Rams coming back" and joked that he was prepared for their arrival.

"I saved all my Rams gear," he said. "I went and got it out again."

Robinson was USC's coach for seven seasons before he succeeded Ray Malavasi as the Rams' coach in 1983. He compiled a 79-74 record (including the playoffs) and led the Rams, who played home games at Anaheim Stadium, to two NFC title games.

"Most of it was good times," he said.

Robinson said two of the most memorable games were the conference title games against the 1985 Chicago Bears and the 1989 San Francisco 49ers. Both opponents won Super Bowl titles.

Join the conversation on Facebook >>

"Two of the great NFL teams of all time," he said.

Robinson said the Rams organization was "close all the time" to taking the next step.

"We were sniffing at it," he said. "We just didn't have the kind of vision from an organizational standpoint to put us over the top."

USC, which manages the Coliseum, would welcome the return of the Rams because their tenancy would generate funds toward the university's proposed $270-million renovation of the historic venue. Robinson, who coached the Trojans in a second stint from 1993-1997 and at Nevada Las Vegas from 1999-2004, now works for USC in athletic fundraising.

Robinson coached USC in the Coliseum first as an assistant and then as head coach. He said it was also the site of his first experience as a college player at Oregon.

In 1955, USC defeated the Ducks, 42-15.

"We were way behind," he said, laughing. "They put me in and I lost my virginity at the Coliseum."

As an assistant under John McKay, Robinson helped the Trojans win national titles in 1972 and 1974.

He was the Oakland Raiders' running backs coach in 1975, and when McKay left to coach the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers after that season, USC turned to Robinson.

The Trojans promptly lost the 1975 opener against Missouri and then won 11 games in a row, including a Rose Bowl victory over Michigan.

Get the latest in sports with our free newsletter >>

Robinson guided the Trojans to a share of the 1978 national title.

"The Coliseum is the greatest thing in the world to me," he said. "All the great joy of my coaching career was there."

Robinson returned to the Coliseum with the Rams to coach against the Los Angeles Raiders.

"It's like having a home and selling it and then going back and visiting," he said.

Now he is eager to watch the Rams.

Robinson worked as a radio commentator on two Rams games this season and was impressed by running back Todd Gurley, who rushed for 1,106 yards and 10 touchdowns as a rookie.

"Gurley just came on — he is a really good back," Robinson said. "He may not be Eric Dickerson, but he's pretty close."

Robinson is optimistic about the planned stadium and entertainment center in Inglewood that is scheduled to be completed for the 2019 season. He mentioned AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys.

"It's going to be in Los Angeles what Jerry Jones has done in Arlington,'' Robinson said. "It's going to be a fabulous area and have the same impact."

gary.klein@latimes.com

RamBill

Legend
Kroenke tells L.A. fans: 'It's been a long road. But we made it.'

By Sam Farmer and Nathan Fenno

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-rams-20160116-story.html

A few minutes into Stan Kroenke's first news conference as owner of the Los Angeles Rams, he cleared his throat and gripped the lectern inside the Forum with both hands.

"It's been a long road back," Kroenke said. "It's been a long road. But we made it."

His chin trembled. Tears welled in his eyes.

The 68-year-old billionaire stood in front of a fabric background featuring the familiar Rams logo ... except that the text read "Los Angeles" instead of "St. Louis."

Kroenke paused. He let cheers from approximately 200 Rams supporters, many wearing blue and yellow throwback jerseys, wash over him.

"Love you, Stan!" someone shouted.

Other fans chanted "L.A. Rams!" and "Thank you Kroenke!"

The news conference, announced early Friday morning by the Rams, lasted 40 minutes and reintroduced the team to the region it departed following the 1994 season. Earlier this week, NFL owners approved the relocation at a special meeting in Houston.

"But this is all about football, really," Kroenke said to loud cheers. "This is [about] a great history of the Los Angeles Rams."

He put extra emphasis on "Los Angeles" to roars of approval.

Rams Coach Jeff Fisher and General Manager Les Snead sat in the front row. A slew of former Rams players attended too, including Hall of Fame linemen Tom Mack and Jackie Slater, quarterback Jim Everett and running back Wendell Tyler.

James T. Butts Jr., mayor of Inglewood, where the Rams plan to build a multibillion-dollar stadium on the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack, beamed. He mentioned a letter he had written to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell eight months ago — long before owners approved the stadium project — asking that Inglewood play host to the Super Bowl in 2020.

"Every time you guys see me I'm going to remind you that we're in the city of Inglewood, California," Butts said.

The man overseeing construction on the 298-acre site, Hollywood Park Land Co. development manager Chris Meany, noted that "Los Angeles will have a new landmark."

And Kevin Demoff, the Rams top executive who owned an Everett jersey and poster while growing up in the L.A. area, called the move "an opportunity of a lifetime" and received robust cheers.

"It's been a long process and a dream come true, especially for someone who grew up right here in L.A.," he said. "And when I look at the [Rams] alumni sitting there today … it is a pleasure to bring their team back home and to begin the process of representing Los Angeles with pride."

The Rams showed a minute-long video showcasing the planned stadium and its connection to the L.A. community — the same video they showed NFL owners during a meeting in August.

The feel-good event took an unexpected turn when Demoff mentioned the likelihood of sharing the stadium with another team. The San Diego Chargers have a year to decide whether to join the Rams in L.A. If they pass, the Oakland Raiders will have an identical option for one year.

"We can't wait for the day to welcome a second team into our building to help have a true AFC-NFC rivalry which will be special," Demoff said.

That possibility didn't sit well with the crowd. Boos and catcalls echoed through the arena and caused Demoff to briefly stop until his words could be heard.

The murmurs of discontent resurfaced a few minutes later when Kroenke was asked about the Chargers moving to L.A. More boos almost drowned out the question.

"We don't want them!" several fans shouted.

Kroenke noted that the willingness to host a second team was part of the deal approved by NFL owners.

"We're immediately engaged [with the Chargers] talking about what some kind of deal might look like," Kroenke said. "We've offered several iterations of that, so we'll see where that goes."

After the answer, a shout broke the silence.

"Stay in San Diego!" a fan said.

The Rams can't start selling suites or personal seat licenses until February 2017 unless a second team joins them earlier in L.A. But they can sell season tickets for their temporary site, which is expected to be the Coliseum until the new stadium opens for the 2019 season.

At 10 a.m. Monday, the Rams will launch WelcomeHomeRams.com. The site will allow fans to pay a $100 refundable deposit to add their names to a temporary stadium ticket wait list. Although that will not guarantee the right to buy season tickets, members of the wait list will have priority over the general public and will be assigned a priority group based on when the deposit was received. Each account holder can purchase eight season tickets.

Sales are scheduled to start in the spring. Ticket pricing has yet to be determined.

"The ticket prices starting off this year will be very comparable to what we had in St. Louis," Demoff said. Season ticket prices per seat in St. Louis ranged from $300 to $1,750 for the 2015 season.

People who purchase season tickets in the temporary stadium will be given priority to evaluate seat options in the new Inglewood stadium before the general public.

After the cheers faded and the news conference ended, guests munched on cake with a rendering of the stadium imprinted on the frosting.

"While it is great the 10 Sundays a year we will be playing in Inglewood, we will be part of this community 365 days a year," Demoff said. "We can't wait to bring the power and passion of the NFL to this community to make sure that we activate great fans."

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Why do the fans love him? He took the team away from them for 21 years. They should have been yelling, "it's about time you money hungry cretin".

tonyl711

Starter
Actually you should probably look that up. First off, attendance numbers were actual fans through the turnstiles back then. And when the Rams were a decent team, they drew quite well in spite of the fact that the NFL was no where near as popular as it is today and honestly, the Big A was one of the worst football venues you could imagine - great for baseball - awful for football.

I was at the opening day game last year and if anyone wants to tell me the attendance figures they gave afterward were true, they are just not being honest. They can say 45,000 but it wasn't even close to that.
drew quite well? they were getting about 40000 per game, they were winning and still werent selling out, not even close to selling out. show me anything that shows anything but sell outs when they won in St Louis. if they werent selling out games when they were winning were do you think the attendance would have been during the worst 5 year record in NFL history? or for the past 12 straight seasons in a row? my point is no teams attendance will look good if they lose as much as the Rams have for the last 12 years.

tonyl711

Starter
Hi tonyl711. You lost me. Which of my statements below are you arguing against?

I'm pretty sure you're never going to see the Rams move back to STL. (there's no way I'm alone with such a statement) I'm pretty sure you're also going to see the Rams do very well in the LA market, for a long long time. Even though it's heart breaking for fans in St Louis, the facts are it was a GREAT business decision and will help the Los Angeles Rams become a better team on the field, and worth so much more $$$.
im argueing against the notion that the Rams werent supported here, 13 straight years of sellouts while they were winning, attendance declined slowly but surely after the worst 5 year record in NFL history and stayed that way in the 12 straight losing seasons, my point is not to say LA fans are bad, it is that when your team goes on a historic losing streak and never breaks out of that funk, i dont care where you live people will find other things to do than watch a perrenial loser. the Fans here are not to blame for the Rams leaving, the owners greed is.

bluecoconuts

Legend
drew quite well? they were getting about 40000 per game, they were winning and still werent selling out, not even close to selling out. show me anything that shows anything but sell outs when they won in St Louis. if they werent selling out games when they were winning were do you think the attendance would have been during the worst 5 year record in NFL history? or for the past 12 straight seasons in a row? my point is no teams attendance will look good if they lose as much as the Rams have for the last 12 years.

That's not true, when they were in LA they were first in the league a few times, and top 5 most of the rest. They dropped to 13th and 10th in 1965-6 and then dropped again in 1977-78-79 to 10th, 14th, and 17th... That was when they were working on moving to Anaheim, and Carrol dying... During the time in LA, not Anaheim, they were consistently above the league in average, sometimes almost doubling the league average.

In Anaheim the attendance had a quick spike to 8th, and then began to drop, however they were still averaging quite a bit. During the stretch in Anaheim they averaged 53,747 fans.. Those are physical fans in the stadium, butts in the seats, not just tickets sold, which if the NFL (or any sport really) did it that way still, we would see much lower averages.

Additionally the city of St Louis had to buy any unsold seat for the first 5-10 years (I'm not sure, I believe it was 10 years though) so there would be sellouts, so you couldn't really get an accurate count for comparisons sake.. Although I'm sure if they weren't sellouts, they were close to them.

Looking at fan numbers wont really mean all that much in terms of the NFL making money in LA, it's going to be about the corporate dollars, and they'll get plenty of that. The percentage will lower because it's a 90,000 seat stadium, but the Inglewood stadium likely will sellout.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
they will if they put the same product on the feild they had here, watch what it is after 12 straight losing seasons. no team ANYWHERE will draw well after 12 straight losing seasons.

I've been hearing this a lot from st. Louis fans. If they continue losing. The fact is, since Stan took over they're much better. Not a playoff team but not near as far off as his predecessor. This mantra might be more wishful thinking than reality. If they keep losing. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
im argueing against the notion that the Rams werent supported here, 13 straight years of sellouts while they were winning, attendance declined slowly but surely after the worst 5 year record in NFL history and stayed that way in the 12 straight losing seasons, my point is not to say LA fans are bad, it is that when your team goes on a historic losing streak and never breaks out of that funk, i dont care where you live people will find other things to do than watch a perrenial loser. the Fans here are not to blame for the Rams leaving, the owners greed is.

Didn't want to upset you, or anyone. But if you'll look again at my comments, I never said the Rams weren't supported in St Louis. I did kind of say they would never ever move back to St Louis though. Wouldn't you agree they wouldn't?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Where are you getting your numbers? The only time the Rams dropped below 50,000 fans (strike shortened season) was when Georgia was gutting the team in hopes of moving them. Everyone knew she was trying to move the team as she endlessly shat on the fans of LA any time she could while Shaw back handed the LA fans in interviews.

The Rams were almost always above average attendance in the league and that is with numbers equating to ACTUAL butts in seats - not tickets bought to avoid blackouts and distributed to people who never actually attended. The Rams still hold the record for NFL attendance to a game and hold 15 of the top 20 highest attendance figures in the history of the NFL. The Rams in LA have led the league in attendance 11 times and were in the top 5 of the entire NFL for most of their 50 year stretch in LA.

You can't point to the last 5 years that Georgia was actively trying to build a loser while bad mouthing the LA fans and say that is an example of the support LA will give a football team.

As far back as the 2010 season, the Rams DISTRIBUTED roughly 52,000 tickets for their home opener. Is that an indictment of St Louis fans? I don't think so. But saying because attendance dropped when Georgia did what she did is an indictment on LA fans is also not accurate.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Didn't want to upset you, or anyone. But if you'll look again at my comments, I never said the Rams weren't supported in St Louis. I did kind of say they would never ever move back to St Louis though. Wouldn't you agree they wouldn't?

If science and sports have taught me anything is never say never. We were sure the sun revolved around the Earth and sure Gretzky would never be traded in the prime of his career. Wrong on both accounts.

That being said, it is extremely unlikely they ever do, but you never know what the distant future holds.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
If science and sports have taught me anything is never say never. We were sure the sun revolved around the Earth and sure Gretzky would never be traded in the prime of his career. Wrong on both accounts.

That being said, it is extremely unlikely they ever do, but you never know what the distant future holds.

Point taken. Never say never. But just for fun, please give me your guess on the percentage of chance the Rams move back to St Louis within ... let's say ... the next 30 years?

My personal guess? .001 % chance

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/public-162-million-bill-rams-retention-effort-36333348

The failed, frenzied effort to persuade the St. Louis Rams to stay by building them a new riverfront football stadium will end up costing the public more than $16.2 million — and no ground was ever broken on the project.

A majority of the money — $10.5 million — is going to local architecture firm HOK.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (bit.ly/236Nhfv) reports attorneys for the current stadium, the Edward Jones Dome, have billed nearly $900,000, and Thompson Coburn bond and financing lawyers charged $760,000.

The effort to build the $1.1 billion open-air stadium came to a sudden halt Tuesday when NFL owners overwhelmingly voted to approve team owner Stan Kroenke's request to move the Rams to California.

Kroenke plans to build a $2 billion football stadium near Los Angeles.

———

Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/public-162-million-bill-rams-retention-effort-36333348

The failed, frenzied effort to persuade the St. Louis Rams to stay by building them a new riverfront football stadium will end up costing the public more than $16.2 million — and no ground was ever broken on the project.

A majority of the money — $10.5 million — is going to local architecture firm HOK.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (bit.ly/236Nhfv) reports attorneys for the current stadium, the Edward Jones Dome, have billed nearly $900,000, and Thompson Coburn bond and financing lawyers charged $760,000.

OUCH! Man that's being kicked while you're down. Not good. I feel bad.
Curious though. What is Peacock's mind set now? Has he been vocal or said much since the vote ended his attempt?

RamBill

Legend
A behind-the-scenes look at a Rams' proposal the NFL couldn't refuse

By Sam Farmer and Nathan Fenno

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-tick-tock-20160117-story.html#nt=outfit

The National Football League's return to Los Angeles began behind closed doors — with a coin flip.

The St. Louis Rams won the right to go first, and their owner and a top executive made their pitch in a hotel ballroom, outlining plans for a multibillion-dollar stadium in Inglewood.

Next came the backers of the Carson stadium proposal — the owners of the San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders. Recruited to oversee that project was Disney Chairman and CEO Robert Iger, who spoke of his love for the NFL and his branding expertise and reminded the 32 owners that, as head of ESPN's parent company, he had paid them all plenty of money over the years.

After Iger left, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones pushed back his swivel chair and stood to address the room.

"He said he paid us. Last time I checked, that money is coming from Disney shareholders, not him," Jones said, touching off laughter.

The moment of levity was a bad omen for the Carson project.

For 11 hours on Tuesday, the owners of America's most profitable sports league — with $10 billion a year in revenue — were cloistered in a suburban hotel, just a half-hour from the small airport and their parked private jets.

Their mission: to pick the teams and stadium that would bring professional football back to L.A. after a 21-year hiatus.

Since the Rams and Raiders left Southern California following the 1994 season, multiple sites have been proposed for the NFL's return. They included downtown L.A., Anaheim, Irvine, the City of Industry. The Rose Bowl, the Coliseum and even Chavez Ravine. Every proposal failed.

Things changed when Rams owner Stan Kroenke bought 60 acres of land next to the former Hollywood Park racetrack and last year announced he planned to build a stadium. He didn't commit to returning the Rams to L.A. from St. Louis. But the implications were clear.

Six weeks later, a competing proposal emerged: The Chargers and Raiders wanted to construct a stadium on the site of a former landfill in Carson.

In between the two proposals, the NFL created a committee of six owners to evaluate stadium options in L.A. and oversee any possible relocation. NFL owners met repeatedly to hear proposals on the two L.A. projects as well as those in the three home markets trying to keep their teams.

San Diego and St. Louis eventually assembled stadium proposals that included hundreds of millions of dollars in public financing, although San Diego's hinged on a public vote later this year.

By the time they gathered in Houston on Tuesday, the owners were impatient for a deal. Four of the six owners on the L.A. committee had teams in the playoffs and another was in the midst of a coaching search.

The league set aside two days for the meeting, but most of the owners wanted to resolve it in one. Nevertheless, the league had reserved hotel space in Dallas for the following week just in case.

The details of the dramatic daylong session were pieced together from interviews with multiple owners, team executives and league officials, most speaking on the condition that they not be identified when describing confidential negotiations.

Interested in the stories shaping California? Sign up for the free Essential California newsletter >>

The Rams opened their presentation with 30 renderings showing the sleek, low-slung stadium and surrounding development they wanted to build in Inglewood.

Kevin Demoff, the chief operating officer, said this would be much more than a stadium for one or two teams; the campus could house other NFL business ventures, such as NFL Network and NFL.com. Kroenke also spoke about his passion for the multibillion-dollar project.

The team's pitch closed with excerpts from two stories by Times columnist Bill Plaschke pleading for the Rams to return to L.A.

The Carson backers began with brief comments by Chargers owner Dean Spanos and Raiders owner Mark Davis. Then Iger talked about how he grew to appreciate the stadium's location.

In a corner of the ballroom, league staff had installed a computer and printer to generate paper ballots of new resolutions.

When it came time to begin voting, the owners had to resolve an important matter: Would it be a secret ballot?

Ordinarily, secret ballots are reserved for the most sensitive votes that owners cast — the selection of a new commissioner and the site of a Super Bowl. By a show of hands, they voted, 19-13, to keep this one secret.

The mood was tense even though a consensus had been building among the owners in recent weeks for a hybrid option: pairing the Rams and Chargers in Inglewood and leaving the Raiders in Oakland.

The room was mostly quiet; many owners communicated by text message. Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, a member of the L.A. committee who supported Carson and orchestrated Iger's involvement in the project, said little throughout the day.

Get the latest in sports with our free newsletter >>

At one point, Iger ventured down from the fourth-floor ballroom to the third floor, where more than 200 media members were stationed, to get a cup of coffee. Dozens of reporters swarmed him. Someone jokingly asked, "Don't you wish there was coffee on the fourth floor?"

Before the full membership voted, the L.A. committee recommended the Carson project by a 5-1 margin. In the end, the endorsement did not affect the outcome.

Momentum was building for Inglewood. After two ballots, Inglewood was only three votes short of the 24 needed for approval. Owners saw a path toward a resolution — no one in the room wanted to stand in the way of a project clearly preferred by the majority of owners.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell ushered the three owners seeking relocation into a private negotiation that lasted about an hour.

Sensing the end was near, Jones had beer and wine delivered to the ballroom for the remaining 29 owners. The tension seemed to have ebbed.

By the time Goodell and the three owners returned to the ballroom, the Raiders had agreed to withdraw their bid to move to L.A.

What would prove to be the final vote was taken on a proposal to pair the Rams and a team to be determined in Inglewood. It passed by a 30-2 margin. The two owners who opposed the compromise remain a mystery.

The agreement — which gave the Chargers a one-year option to join the Rams in L.A. and the Raiders an identical right if the Chargers decline — was an option league staff had discussed for at least six months.

The resolution's 939 words barred the Rams from selling personal seat licenses, suites or naming rights to the Inglewood stadium until February 2017 unless a second team joins them beforehand.

Minutes after the final vote, Goodell stood at a lectern before rows of reporters and a forest of television cameras. His eyes were tired, his voice weary.

"It was a difficult decision for ownership," Goodell said. "But we also realized that this was our opportunity."

Literally in tears over the news. Thinking about the memories of growing up with the STL Rams. Even went to the big parade downtown and the playoff game vs the Bucs that year in 99. Will never forget how happy my family was......

I played and won state on the EJD turf. Love this city. It has always gotten crap from everyone else, and that is part of the charm. St. Louis against big rich cities, always the underdog. Screwed over time and time again by everyone.But you still want it to overcome it all...

I will never forgive the NFL for what it has done. I hope they are sued to death, i hope they lose tax exempt status. I want nothing to do with this corrupt league or this owner who cant even begin to understand the word betrayal just for some money.

Was fun meeting some of you guys on here. But im done. I cant do this crap... The NFL just flat out does not deserve any of its fans. Its the bread and games of the modern era. peace.

MOD EDIT: CHANGED TITLE
well I am very happy

tonyl711

Starter
Where are you getting your numbers? The only time the Rams dropped below 50,000 fans (strike shortened season) was when Georgia was gutting the team in hopes of moving them. Everyone knew she was trying to move the team as she endlessly shat on the fans of LA any time she could while Shaw back handed the LA fans in interviews.

The Rams were almost always above average attendance in the league and that is with numbers equating to ACTUAL butts in seats - not tickets bought to avoid blackouts and distributed to people who never actually attended. The Rams still hold the record for NFL attendance to a game and hold 15 of the top 20 highest attendance figures in the history of the NFL. The Rams in LA have led the league in attendance 11 times and were in the top 5 of the entire NFL for most of their 50 year stretch in LA.

You can't point to the last 5 years that Georgia was actively trying to build a loser while bad mouthing the LA fans and say that is an example of the support LA will give a football team.

As far back as the 2010 season, the Rams DISTRIBUTED roughly 52,000 tickets for their home opener. Is that an indictment of St Louis fans? I don't think so. But saying because attendance dropped when Georgia did what she did is an indictment on LA fans is also not accurate.
so Georgia doing that to LA fans somehow makes it ok, but when Stan does the same to St Louis its a different story? come on now.