Rams Approved To Relocate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tonyl711

Starter
Didn't want to upset you, or anyone. But if you'll look again at my comments, I never said the Rams weren't supported in St Louis. I did kind of say they would never ever move back to St Louis though. Wouldn't you agree they wouldn't?
with Kroenke as owner nothing would suprise me.

tonyl711

Starter
I've been hearing this a lot from st. Louis fans. If they continue losing. The fact is, since Stan took over they're much better. Not a playoff team but not near as far off as his predecessor. This mantra might be more wishful thinking than reality. If they keep losing. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
really? much better huh? average record since he took over is 7 and 9, how is that a winning team?

RamBill

Legend
Jeff Fisher well aware of challenges of relocation
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...fisher-well-aware-of-challenges-of-relocation

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Way back in 2012 when Rams owner Stan Kroenke interviewed then potential head coach Jeff Fisher, Kroenke brought up the prospect of relocation.

Fisher had been through it before, guiding the former Houston Oilers on a whirlwind journey from Houston to Memphis to Nashville, where they would settle as the Tennessee Titans.

Now, Fisher is going through it all over again, leading the Rams back to Los Angeles.

"I’ve been through that experience," Fisher said. "It’s not an easy experience, but you can do things right. And you can make mistakes if you’re not careful. Stan and I have discussed this at length, even at the time he hired me four years ago, because I’ve been through that experience. So we have a pretty good idea of how to handle it."

Fisher knows better than anyone that moving a team isn't easy, and this time will be no different. The Rams have a lot on their plate in the coming months that has nothing to do with the move, but when you add it in, well, one could see how it would make for some pretty sizable obstacles when it comes to building the football team.

As a refresher, the Rams enter this offseason with 17 players scheduled for restricted or unrestricted free agency. In addition, Fisher has already made changes to the coaching staff, creating some vacancies, and might still have more in the offing. And Fisher is in the last year of his contract, which means at some point a short extension might be on the way.

Add those moving parts to the various offseason events like the NFL scouting combine, the Senior Bowl, the start of free agency and the draft and you've got quite a stacked deck.

"That’s the thing," Fisher said. "I currently still have staff changes to make. And players are starting to wonder. This day and age, believe me it’s easier to communicate. So we’ll get all of the information to the players. But we have to tweak offenses, rehab players, self-scout, get ready for free agency and the draft -- you name it. All of that stuff has to continue."

With Fisher and general manager Les Snead working on those things, the onus falls on other members of the football operation to handle some of the logistics. As we reported earlier in the week, the Rams are likely to finish their business in St. Louis at the end of March with a target of April for the physical move. From there, it remains to be seen where they will maintain offices and train, though they are looking at a possible short-term stay in Oxnard and then moving somewhere else for the next season or two while building a training facility with all the bells and whistles. Westlake and Calabasas have been discussed as possible options for that.

One thing they do know is that they will be playing their 2016 home games -- save for one game in London -- at the Coliseum, where they played from 1946-1979. The team plans to begin selling season tickets for next season on Monday.

With all of that going on, Fisher won't have the chance to focus on any one thing. As he knows better than anyone, there is a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it in.

"I don’t know if I can pick one," Fisher said. "It’s get the players settled. We have to figure out where we’re going to train and all those kinds of things. And then it’s get out in the community and make the players available, whether it’s rallies or whatever we want for those that are maybe on the fence to really get to know us, because it’s going to be a special team."

FrankenRam

Starter
If science and sports have taught me anything is never say never. We were sure the sun revolved around the Earth and sure Gretzky would never be traded in the prime of his career. Wrong on both accounts.

That being said, it is extremely unlikely they ever do, but you never know what the distant future holds.

I'll say it will absolutely never happen as long as Kroenke owns the team. I'd bet my life savings on that. Of course, the odds of them moving back to STL regardless of who the owner might be the proverbial S-L-I-M and NONE!

RamBill

Legend
The Rams’ owner and mayor of Inglewood spokes before fans at the Forum where the return of the team was being celebrated. Jeff Fisher signed some autographs for the fans. Patrick Healy reports for the NBC4 News at Noon.

Watch Rams Presser Report

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
so Georgia doing that to LA fans somehow makes it ok, but when Stan does the same to St Louis its a different story? come on now.
Absolutely not. My point is that people keep trying to say the NFL and its owners has BECOME all about money with no regard for the fans. It has been that way for many years. So while I understand the ire of the fans in the Lou, it's not like the LA fans haven't already been through this. The idea that the previous move out of LA had to do with attendance or poor support for the team as was the case you seemed to be trying to make is simply not true. It was about the money that Georgia could get out of the team then and the move back was about Stan getting the most he could get out of his team now.

I would say the one difference is that at least Stan spent money on the team and the team was on the upswing whereas Georgia was in the middle of gutting the team and the team was on the downturn including when they got to the Lou.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
J
"I’ve been through that experience," Fisher said. "It’s not an easy experience, but you can do things right. And you can make mistakes if you’re not careful. Stan and I have discussed this at length, even at the time he hired me four years ago, because I’ve been through that experience.

Huh, so you're telling me you knew all along, Jeff?

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
with Kroenke as owner nothing would suprise me.

Far be it from me to crush anyone's dreams.
I'll not debate anymore with you about the Rams ever returning to St. Louis. Have a good weekend.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Huh, so you're telling me you knew all along, Jeff?
I thought the same thing. Not sure though if he meant that the possibility was discussed as part of the interviewing process. Kind of a how would you feel if the Rams ended up moving to LA discussion. But yeah - that was an interesting comment.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I thought it was somewhat well known that Fisher was asked about relocation when he was hired by Kroenke.. Although some said he only got hired after being told they would not relocate, then that got scratched and they (Jim Thomas) just said he was asked about it during the interview.

RamBill

Legend
Rams may not deserve it, but L.A. fan loyalty still runs deep

BY DAVID WHITE

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/david-white/article55142695.html

The Los Angeles Rams are back, not that Chris Leon acted as if they had ever left.

“I’ve been a Rams fan all of my life,” the Porterville city employee said. “I remember going to games in the late ’60s and ’70s when I was just a kid, wearing my white and blue jersey, those plastic helmets with the horns on them … it was pretty much ingrained in me.”

Leon is like the 10s and 20s in these parts who never gave up on their Rams, even when their Rams gave up on them and shipped it to St. Louis in 1995.

Leon is That Guy who still watched the Rams play when they were on local TV, and wore a Steven Jackson No. 39 jersey to Wal-Mart, and traded one worn-out horned ball cap for a newer mint.

Remember that when the Rams play at home for the first time next season. Every ticket should go to people like Leon, who can verify they stayed loyal to their disloyal prodigal team over all these years.

Show us your Kurt Warner poster. Tell us who made the winning tackle to win Super Bowl XXXIV – and no, you can’t use Google. Pick out former center Mike Gruttadauria in a police lineup.

Then, you can tell everyone you’re a Rams fan. Exemptions go to children under the age of 13.

NFL OWNERS DON’T LOVE CITIES OR TRADITION. OWNERS LOVE NEW STADIUMS AND STEADY CASH FLOW.

“Well, there was a time there I was heated about it,” Leon said. “But a Minnesota Vikings fan told me something I never forgot. ‘Your team is your team. You stick with them no matter what.’ So they’re my team.”

Too bad the feeling isn’t mutual. It’s never mutual. NFL owners don’t love cities or tradition. Owners love new stadiums and steady cash flow.

It’s why the Raiders left Oakland for Los Angeles, and left Los Angeles for Oakland, and are spooning a tunnel route to escape Oakland again as we speak.

This is what NFL overlords do. They are why Bekins Van Lines is still in business.

St. Louis lost its football Cardinals? They stole Los Angeles’ Rams, and the only reason Los Angeles had the Rams is because they swiped them away from Cleveland, and now Cleveland wishes it had an actual NFL team, too.

YOU ONLY HAVE A HOME TEAM BECAUSE YOU STOLE IT BACK FROM SOMEONE ELSE’S HOME, SO WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Remember that, Raiders fans, when Little Al Davis U-Hauls your eye patch back to Los Angeles or San Antonio. You only have a home team because you stole it back from someone else’s home, so what do you expect?

Do what most Rams fans did. Bail on the team when they decide it’s time to start seeing other cities.

That, or be among the few who kept the porch light on all night, hoping the Rams would come back when everyone said it was time to move on.

Give it enough time, and you’ll end up like Leon, and everyone else like him, riding the team bus when everyone else is jumping the bandwagon.

You finally won’t have to explain why you’re rocking the Vince Ferragamo throwback jersey at the neighborhood Super Bowl party. No more having to drive to a 49ers game once a year to see your home team in person. Guys like Leon can be public Rams fans without needing a childhood disclaimer.

The Rams are back. Here’s to Stan Kroenke until he moves them again.

“You’d be surprised how many people come up to me and say, ‘Nice jersey. I’m a fan, too,’ ” Leon said. “It’s just nice to have them back.”

RamBill

Legend
CBS Sports’ Senior NFL Writer Jason La Canfora joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After on Friday to discuss the entire process that led to the Rams being allowed to relocate from St. Louis to Los Angeles.

Listen to La Canfora Interview

=========

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @JasonLaCanfora on whether or not Inglewood wins if there had not been a secret ballot: It's hard to say. Park Ave. wanted this outcome

From @JasonLaCanfora: I believe this is going to be measured in days---not even weeks---for the Chargers to move to Inglewood.

From @JasonLaCanfora: Spanos knows that if he doesn't take the deal, he's competing with two teams up the road, b/c Davis will move to LA.

From @JasonLaCanfora: There's going to be question about Jville and the stability of that market. St. Louis is more viable than San Antonio.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Spanos takes the tenant deal, and pushes for an ability to get out of it down the road to keep a return to San Diego open; his taking the deal is definitely about blocking the Raiders.

Raiders will go to San Antonio. Davis just doesn't have the money to get a stadium done.

Jaguars will end up in London and get a massive naming deal from you know who for their stadium.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Two reasons I don't think the Raiduhs will go to San Antonio:

1. Jeruh World
2. There is more money to be made in the Bay Area. California never had a problem supporting 4 teams and it won't have a problem in the future. Davis will parlay the $100 million bump to the G4 and work something out with either a private investor or the city/county and he will keep the team in Oakland. My money is also on Spanos staying in SD. If he leaves it, someone will want it and despite what he wants to contend, an owner could put up the lion's share of the costs and still make huge jack in SD.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Spanos takes the tenant deal, and pushes for an ability to get out of it down the road to keep a return to San Diego open; his taking the deal is definitely about blocking the Raiders.

Raiders will go to San Antonio. Davis just doesn't have the money to get a stadium done.

Jaguars will end up in London and get a massive naming deal from you know who for their stadium.

Khan has dumped a lot of money in Jacksonville and they have a lease with the city for the next 20 or so years. They can get out of it but it'll cost them.