Rams Announce 2017 Offseason Program Dates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Not yet, but I will post them here when I know. If you plan to come to any of the TC practices, please feel free to PM me so we can meet. I would be pleased to have any ROD folks to talk Rams football at TC.

How can the Rams still not know, and announce at least the location of Training Camp? Don't they care that I have to buy plane tickets? :)

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Exact dates and times are not set yet. Best I can tell you is TC will open sometime the last week of July. Last year the first day of TC was July 26

Last edited:

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
It's been 10 days. I'm just checking in to see if anyone at least knows the LOCATION of open to the public training camp? Thanks guys (and gals). Or guys that kinda want to be gals, or vice versa. Oh man!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
TC will be at UC Irvine, and it will start the last week of July, the 24th to the 27th. The first day of TC hasn't been decided yet. I'm waiting for that too Brian, and looking forward to meeting you and talking Rams.

Where will you be staying? I'll be staying at my sisters house in Garden Grove, just 6 miles from TC, and plan to go to all the practices that are open to the public. I also plan on posting a report here and at other Rams forums. I feel I owe the fans in St.Louis who went to TC and posted reports for us fans here in la and elsewhere.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
TC will be at UC Irvine, and it will start the last week of July, the 24th to the 27th. The first day of TC hasn't been decided yet. I'm waiting for that too Brian, and looking forward to meeting you and talking Rams.

Where will you be staying? I'll be staying at my sisters house in Garden Grove, just 6 miles from TC, and plan to go to all the practices that are open to the public. I also plan on posting a report here and at other Rams forums. I feel I owe the fans in St.Louis who went to TC and posted reports for us fans here in la and elsewhere.

I'll probably stay right in Irvine, or Newport Beach. Dang I love that area. Wish I had the $$$ to live down there. As soon as we get the actual dates, I'm making reservations. Yeah, it'll be fun to hang out a bit at TC with you and other Ram fans. @bubbaramfan

How is it that you are SURE training camp will be in Irvine? Is it on the Rams website?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I've seen no Official Link with dates and locations for anything after June 8th. Do you have one?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I've seen no Official Link with dates and locations for anything after June 8th. Do you have one?

May 22-24 -- Spring League Meeting, Chicago, Illinois.

June 1 -- Deadline for Prior Club to send "June 1 Tender" to its unsigned Restricted Free Agents who received a qualifying offer for a Right of First Refusal Only in order for such player to be subject to the CBAas "June 15 Tender" provision.

June 2 -- For any player removed from the club's roster or whose contract is assigned via waivers or trade on or after June 2, any unamortized signing bonus amounts for future years will be included fully in Team Salary at the start of the 2018 League Year.

June 15 -- Deadline for club to withdraw qualifying offer to Restricted Free Agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by substituting "June 15 Tender" of one-year contract at 110 percent of the player's prior-year Paragraph 5 Salary (with all other terms of his prior-year contract carried forward unchanged).

Late June -- Rookie Transition Program to be held at individual clubs. Attendance is mandatory for all rookies.

July 15 -- At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a oneyear contract with his prior club for the 2017 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club's last regular season game.

Mid-July -- Clubs are permitted to open preseason training camp for rookies and first-year players beginning seven days prior to the clubas earliest permissible mandatory reporting date for veteran players.

Veteran players (defined as a player with at least one pension-credited season) other than quarterbacks or "injured players" (as defined in CBA Article 21, Section 6) may report to a club's preseason training camp no earlier than 15 days prior to the club's first scheduled preseason game or July 15, whichever is later.

Veteran quarterbacks and injured players may be required to report to the club's preseason training camp no earlier than five days immediately prior to the mandatory reporting date for all other veteran players, provided the club has already opened (or simultaneously opens) its official preseason training camp for all rookies and first-year players.

A three-day acclimation period will apply to players who are on a club's roster up to and including the mandatory veteran reporting date. Players who join the roster after that date may practice (including wearing pads) and play immediately after passing a physical.

July 22* -- Signing Period ends for unrestricted Free Agents to whom a "May 9 Tender" was made by prior club. After this date and until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, prior club has exclusive negotiating rights.

* or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later.

July 22 -- Signing Period ends for Transition Players with outstanding tenders. After this date and until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, prior club has exclusive negotiating rights.

August 3 -- Hall of Fame Game, Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, Canton, Ohio

August 5 -- Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony, Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, Canton, Ohio.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I can't find it, but I've heard it several times that 2017 and 18 will be at UC Irvine. rams made an agreement for 3 years at Irvine because that's how long it will take to get the official site at CS Lutheran completed. They are adding another field, building a new weight room and classrooms.

In any case, Irvine will be open to the public. Last year they split time between Irvine and Northridge, I expect they will do that again. Two weeks at Irvine then the rest at CSL.

We'll know more in the coming weeks. Nothing like waiting til the last moment to let fans know, eh?

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Got to be training camp dates released by now ... right?