Rams an X factor at top of draft | King

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hope Lynch is the real deal, not worried about his physical attributes, just the mental stuff....I don't see Snisher trading up....maybe trading down...

Psycho_X

Legend
The decision is real simple to me if I was Snead.... if I truly believe Mannion is a playoff capable QB in the NFL I stay put and take BPA or BQBA at #15 if there isn't a huge gap between the two just to be safe. If I don't believe Mannion is a playoff capable QB in the NFL then I do what is necessary to get the QB I most covet. If that's not possible I do what is needed to get the second which should be easy with two second rounders in my pocket. With the low buzz around the top of this draft it should be easier to shake a move up this year.

I don't see any reason the Rams can't enter camp without a QB that Snead thinks is an NFL starter unless he doesn't believe anyone on his current roster or Goff/Wentz/Lynch are capable. If that's the case we're just screwed regardless.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I definitely do not think the Rams should trade up for a QB. We can't develop the QBs we have. I will say, though, that both Fisher and Snead getting out in front and naming the starter already is reminiscent of smoke screens past. They are determined that they are set, yet a columnist can't fart without realizing we need a franchise QB. We "like" Lynch. Jesus, I hope we like all three of the QBs we have which we've managed not to do a thing with during their entire tenure.

Also, what is with the Fisher "wants to win now" crap. Stop it. I would never have thought that Fisher's time in now that he is in LA. He has a job until he looses it, and he isn't loosing it until they have a loosing season in the new stadium.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IMO here's what I suspect they're thinking in round 1:

1. Trade up partner pre-pick 7 reserved for IF either Wentz or Goff are there. Suspect Dallas will be the partner.

2. If Wentz/Goff gone, have trade up partner reserved for if they think someone is looking to move ahead of them for Lynch.

3. If Lynch is gone also, it's gonna be defense or trade down. Only offensive position that might be BPA is OT but would they take Conklin? Doubt it but all bets are off if they end up here. I'm good with them going WR at this point and would prefer it, but if they do it's gonna be at least a bit of a reach.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The decision is real simple to me if I was Snead.... if I truly believe Mannion is a playoff capable QB in the NFL I stay put ...
It does seem so simple, but it really comes down to knowing the answer to the most confusing, complex, unknown part of the whole analysis... what exactly does Fisher/Snead think is "a playoff capable QB?" Is it:
* a QB that's actually good enough to win games? or
* a QB that's just good enough to not lose the games that an elite defense and strong running game win?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3. If Lynch is gone also, it's gonna be defense or trade down. Only offensive position that might be BPA is OT but would they take Conklin? Doubt it but all bets are off if they end up here. I'm good with them going WR at this point and would prefer it, but if they do it's gonna be at least a bit of a reach.

I can definitely see a trade down. Snisher like having a lot of picks, and getting more picks if the right player isn't there.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There is almost ZERO chance the Rams trade up for a QB unless they just hose some team for a top pick. It's simply not in their nature. They favor more picks, not less. There is no compelling reason with the talent available. They are not QB minded, they are RB/D minded.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMO here's what I suspect they're thinking in round 1:

1. Trade up partner pre-pick 7 reserved for IF either Wentz or Goff are there. Suspect Dallas will be the partner.

2. If Wentz/Goff gone, have trade up partner reserved for if they think someone is looking to move ahead of them for Lynch.

200.gif

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
There is almost ZERO chance the Rams trade up for a QB unless they just hose some team for a top pick. It's simply not in their nature. They favor more picks, not less. There is no compelling reason with the talent available. They are not QB minded, they are RB/D minded.

the difference between previous years and this year is the number of needs. Up until last year they were coming into the draft each year with more needs than picks so those extra picks were needed to fill out the roster. Off the the top of my head, theres only 4 players from the previous regime still on the roster today. That means theres 49 spots to fill. Sure some came from FA, but a lot of players on the roster now were drafted. But now theres close to a full roster of players already and most of the starting spots are filled by a quality player. The Rams are no longer in a position to draft quantity over quality. From the start of the Snisher era the plan has been to build a long term team through the draft, and up until this point they have done that, but theres still QB and WR to finish, and I doubt they rather trade back to get more depth players than finish they remaining holes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Link me to his best film Merlin. If you find the time. (y)

This is his best game Mojo, because it was against a strong SEC opponent and he was the reason Memphis won that game. Can't knock him for running the offense he is given, and the dude makes some pro throws in a very, very big game:

Here's them vs USF which is a more agreeable matchup for the roster IMO:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Imagine the excitement it would bring to hear the Rams traded up to the first pick in the draft
And then they pick Jalen Ramsey...
He's probably the only player, NOT A QB, the Fans wouldn't be pissed about, if the Rams Moved up an took in the 1st round!!(y):D