Rams 9 point dog

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I'm a homer but that's a lot of points . That's probably why I never had much luck betting.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know I'm a homer but that's a lot of points . That's probably why I never had much luck betting.

That is ridiculous.
So I guess they must expect a dramatic reduction in scoring by our offense and while our defensive struggles continue.

9 points? I'll take that bet.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Every team on the rise needs a signature win and beating Dallas in Arlington will raise some eyebrows...Wade needs to fix the defense, but he should be motivated because he's in his home state and Jones fired Phillips to promote Garrett.

The Cowboy defense can be scored upon so hopefully our young signal caller outplays theirs and our DC finally coordinates a good game.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
There are so many dallas fans that sports books have to protect themselves with over blown betting lines. They also have to compensate sometimes with the proximity to LA and the betters from SOCAL. I'm no expert, especially against the spread, but I have heard this from "experts". Seems high, but if we don't stop the run, we won't be on the field to score and it could get real ugly. If we can stop the run, we win out right. Problem is, we have not shown any inkling of doing that consistantly. As a Rams fan, I never bet on the rams. I want to enjoy wins and why make losses worse.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
According to Footballlocks.com, Which is where I Check for Vegas Odds, before this last Sundays games, they had the Rams 8 1/2 Point dogs to the Cowpie's in week #4. This morning they have the Rams at 8 point dogs. I expect these odds to get closer by the end of the week!(y)

The way the Cowpie's Look tonight, against the Cards, will determine weather those Odds go up or Down. And in, all fairness, The "Boy" haven't looked Dominant so far this season!:D

I'm sure we'll all be paying attention to this game tonight!! ;)

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The betting line could change considerably after tonight's game if the Cardinals give them a good game.

I think most people are looking at their O line versus our front seven.

Our offenses have been equally productive over the last five or six games.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm not sure what to expect from this game. Seeing the Redskins man handle the Raiders last night really helped me accept the loss to them. If we clean up the game changing mistakes we had against the Whiners I would expect the Cowboys game to be a good one. I would make a bet at 9 points under for the Rams at this point. I'm not saying we'll win but those are good odds to bet on I'd think.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As a Rams fan, I never bet on the rams. I want to enjoy wins and why make losses worse.
As a Loooooong Time Rams Fan, I always Bet on the Rams! Yes it makes the Losses Hurt a little more! BUT it makes the Wins SOOOO MUCH SWEETER!!(y);):yess:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
As a Loooooong Time Rams Fan, I always Bet on the Rams! Yes it makes the Losses Hurt a little more! BUT it makes the Wins SOOOO MUC SWEETER!!(y);):yess:

First I have a hard time believing the Rams will close as a 8-9 point dog but...if somehow they do, then of course you know Vegas only gifts these "slam dunks" once or twice a season.

I think I'll get in on some of that :sneaky:

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Frankly, I see the NFC East as formidable from top to bottom. I fear we could struggle against all four of them. Each knows McVay's tendencies better than his own players at this stage. The Rams are in process but should do well against the rest of the NFL.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Best case scenario is the Cowboys beat the Cards by a large margin, that outta reel the public in just nice, their delusional fanbase ('sup @Rynie, lol) gets all full of themselves, the Rams WILL be 8-9 pt dogs, them BAM! - along comes reality and ruins the whole thing, Rams win 35-27

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm a little surprised at that...I kind of thought it would open at about 6...Monday';s game could have an impact...If Az takes them out, it could drop a point or maybe 2...They were less than stellar last week, so another mediocre or poor outing could tarnish their look a bit....Of course I don't wager (or donate in my case) so spreads don't matter to me...Beating the spread is simply a loss if they don't win the game outright...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Best case scenario is the Cowboys beat the Cards by a large margin, that outta reel the public in just nice, their delusional fanbase ('sup @Rynie, lol) gets all full of themselves, the Rams WILL be 8-9 pt dogs, them BAM! - along comes reality and ruins the whole thing, Rams win 35-27

I think the East is tough, but the Giants can't get seem to out of their own way...Don't know how much they'll get it together...

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
What baffles me is how the Cards are only 3pt dogs even at home. I personally think they aren't much better than the 9'ers right now. If I were a betting man (gave it up ten years ago for the sake of my family), I'd take the Cowboys with a large sum.

But I wouldn't bet a nickel on the Ram/Cowboy game no matter what the line. Their defense lacks significant talent but their coordinator dials up several magnificent game plans each year with some duds in between. And heaven only knows what to expect from the Ram defense that regularly gets gashed but seems to produce splash plays and turnovers as well. And though the offense has improved, we've been lucky that poor ball security and boneheaded penalties haven't done more damage than they already have.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I think the East is tough, but the Giants can't get seem to out of their own way...Don't know how much they'll get it together...

It's amazing how much OBJ makes that offense better. Their LT sucks...but so does Detroit's and they seem to be scoring well this year. The season has been very strange so far to me

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's that crazy time of the year when a lot of things don't make sense... and it becomes nearly impossible to take lines seriously.

The fact that any line is out there on the DAL-Rams game is silly to me... DAL hasn't even played this week yet.

What if they get manhandled by AZ tonight? Like they got manhandled by DEN last week... ya know, the DEN that lost to BUF yesterday?

Let's look around the league...
* CIN (who have been pitiful) takes GB into OT in GB
* CHI beats PIT in OT
* NO, who's looked really bad, beats a good (we think) CAR team
* WASH manhandles OAK (more on that in a moment)
* Slight upset... but INDY beats CLE?

That defensive line for WASH may be a lot better than we thought. They pushed the Rams around for most of our game... then, pushed a very good OAK line backwards for most of the night. Are they "all that"? Who really knows at this point?

These are the things that make predictions this time of year nearly impossible. There just isn't enough evidence in a lot of cases.

The predictions continue to rely, to a large extent, on team's reputations (what they were last yer in particular). Which, of course, is dangerous.

So back to the DAL-Rams game... is DAL as good as last year? What to make of the drubbing they took from DEN who lost to BUF? How will they look tonight? (a lot of DAL fans are very nervous). Will AZ beat them up at home? The Rams are clearly improved (making predictions based on reputation silly for this team)? But can the Rams continue their offensive improvement? What about their defense?

I will not pay any attention to a line established before one of the teams has even played. And I will not pay attention to lines based on reputation, when I know a LOT has changed since last year.

I'm going to the game Sunday... I don't know what to expect. Maybe DAL wins big tonight. Maybe that works in the Rams favor (DAL becomes over-confident). Maybe DAL loses big tonight... maybe Prescott and Elliott are not as good as last year?

I hope I see a well played game Sunday... I've been embarrassed going to the last three games here:
9/30/2007: Rams lose 35-7
10/23/2011: Rams lose 34-7
9/22/3013: Rams lose 31-7

I do NOT want to be put through that ringer again!

Please Rams... please... make this a competitive game... and (looking upward) maybe even win!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
What baffles me is how the Cards are only 3pt dogs even at home. I personally think they aren't much better than the 9'ers right now. If I were a betting man (gave it up ten years ago for the sake of my family), I'd take the Cowboys with a large sum.

But I wouldn't bet a nickel on the Ram/Cowboy game no matter what the line. Their defense lacks significant talent but their coordinator dials up several magnificent game plans each year with some duds in between. And heaven only knows what to expect from the Ram defense that regularly gets gashed but seems to produce splash plays and turnovers as well. And though the offense has improved, we've been lucky that poor ball security and boneheaded penalties haven't done more damage than they already have.

I hope you're right, I take the company pool tonight with a Dallas victory- the other two gents took AZ