Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The Rams site is always behind. It still counts 52 with Kiser on the PS and Garrett on the Covid list. Which if Kiser was never signed to the roster leaves 1 spot open.

OK, well if Spotrac has us at 53 players on the roster, then someone is listed with the Rams that shouldn't be if you still believe we have an open slot. So which player on Spotrac doesn't belong ?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
OK, well if Spotrac has us at 53 players on the roster, then someone is listed with the Rams that shouldn't be if you still believe we have an open slot. So which player on Spotrac doesn't belong ?
Relax and reread what you quoted.

52 players, Kiser never counted and Garrett was still on the covid list. Now add Garrett to the active roster.

We had an open spot for Garrett all along.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like that they finally realized what Kiser was. Also glad they cut Anderson loose, he just doesn't have enough physicality to run in this league.

And I'm a big fan of adding a physically strong OL to the PS depth. He won't be great in zone but for me when it comes to OL and RB what can I say I'm a big fan of physical power and guys who can translate it to the field.

Lastly excited to get Garrett back. Our ROLB group has been disappointing. Hollins has played pretty well but that rotation has been underwhelming so I hope he can help us out there. Few more pressures a game makes a difference.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Best of luck to Kiser.... We played some really good football in most of the games he started last year on Defense....

oldnotdead

Legend
The Rams have added a pretty good-looking RB to their PS in Javian Hawkins. He's a small RB at 5'8" (he was 5'8" at his pro-day and about 183 lbs) I'm not sure where that 196 lbs came from on their roster, but he's got good speed at 4.44. He looks to have decent hands as a receiver, is elusive, and will break arm tackles. I can see him taking on KO return duties if he checks out in practices. I believe he was a teammate of Tutu's and hit their radar when they scouted Atwell. If Henderson goes on IR then Hawkins looks like a decent #3 RB to fill out the roster.

Many scouting reports said he needed to strengthen and bulk up so perhaps he's been hitting the weight room to add 13 lbs of muscle. If so that's fine as long as it doesn't affect his speed. If he trained properly it wouldn't. Regardless I see him as a solid replacement for Xavier Jones. With Aker's long-term future in doubt, it wouldn't surprise me if Hawkins sticks around for a couple of years on the PS.

I'm happy Kiser will get his chance on an active roster with a 1 year prove it contract. He's a good player who simply hasn't been able to stay healthy. His long-term position here in LA was doubtful with the drafting of Jones who has looked good.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

NFL Practice Squad Updates: 9/24/21

September 24th, 2021 at 5:16pm CST by Sam Robinson
Here are Friday’s taxi squad moves:

Los Angeles Rams

They still have Jake listed as a DB. Gervase moved into the ILB'er position & would appear to taken the Micah Kiser position on the PS.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
They still have Jake listed as a DB. Gervase moved into the ILB'er position & would appear to taken the Micah Kiser position on the PS.
I was wondering if they were going to fill that spot or just leave it open. Obo and Anchrum are both eligible to return next week. Moves on the 53 and PS will probably take place once they are ready to return.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was wondering if they were going to fill that spot or just leave it open. Obo and Anchrum are both eligible to return next week. Moves on the 53 and PS will probably take place once they are ready to return.
Bares watching what happens after this 3rd regular season Bucs game with coach Shula's LB'ing core numbers involving where the possibility that 1 of his injured OLB'ers can return from a team’s injured reserve list starting in week 4.

Question is:

*Who will be placed on IR
*Who will come off IR
*Who will be cut
*Who will be resigned to the PS if after clearing waivers.

Currently, DC Morris is dealing with two unhealthy OLB'ers. Justin Lawler who broke his hand @ the very beginning of gm 2 & his top unit star Leonard Floyd (both play the strong side) who has some unknown extent of damage to his ankle since injuring it in practice on August 17th in the preseason. Og Okoronkwo was also injured about the same time as Floyd with a shoulder stinger that got Og placed on the IR for the 3rd time as the regular season began.

Besides the two above OLB'ers issues, DC Morris is dealing with the "ongoing sage" on Terrell Lewis's knee who has been involved heavily in restricted limited game snaps forever. Morris also started the regular season with OLB Chris Garrett away from the team due to Covid 19 roster protocols. The only healthy OLB'er DC Morris has is Justin Hollins.:oops::(.

So currently McVay has 5 OLB'ers on the active MR53. I look for some changes early next week in this unit. Justin Lawler is the logical OLB'er to end up back on the PS while that broken hand heals. Floyd is day to day. I can see Og Okoronkwo to be activated if healthy ASAP.

Last edited:

sloramfan

Starter
OG?... lol

i think you mean Obo,,,

don't feel bad, it took me over a year to pronounce his last name correctly...

go rams

slo

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Bares watching what happens after this 3rd regular season Bucs game with coach Shula's LB'ing core numbers involving where the possibility that 1 of his injured OLB'ers can return from a team’s injured reserve list starting in week 4.

Question is:

*Who will be placed on IR
*Who will come off IR
*Who will be cut
*Who will be resigned to the PS if after clearing waivers.

Currently, DC Morris is dealing with two unhealthy OLB'ers. Justin Lawler who broke his hand @ the very beginning of gm 2 & his top unit star Leonard Floyd (both play the strong side) who has some unknown extent of damage to his ankle since injuring it in practice on August 17th in the preseason. Og Okoronkwo was also injured about the same time as Floyd with a shoulder stinger that got Og placed on the IR for the 3rd time as the regular season began.

Besides the two above OLB'ers issues, DC Morris is dealing with the "ongoing sage" on Terrell Lewis's knee who has been involved heavily in restricted limited game snaps forever. Morris also started the regular season with OLB Chris Garrett away from the team due to Covid 19 roster protocols. The only healthy OLB'er DC Morris has is Justin Hollins.:oops::(.

So currently McVay has 5 OLB'ers on the active MR53. I look for some changes early next week in this unit. Justin Lawler is the logical OLB'er to end up back on the PS while that broken hand heals. Floyd is day to day. I can see Og Okoronkwo to be activated if healthy ASAP.
Lawler is already on the PS. This season 2 players are allowed to be activated off of the PS onto the final roster basically making it a 55 man roster, once the game is over they go back to the PS automatically. Lawler has been activated twice now and if they were to do it a 3rd time they would have to make him officially apart of the roster.

But yes the OLB position is pretty thin in terms of healthy bodies.

sloramfan

Starter
ogbonnia... i stand corrected....

and dipshit me, i knew that but forgot until i read your post...

thanks for the reminder...

go rams

slo

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I still feel like there’s a chance they bring in edge help at some point.
Would be funny if they got Fowler back. With his restructured contract, I think they could squeeze him in after a few games.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Lawler is already on the PS. This season 2 players are allowed to be activated off of the PS onto the final roster basically making it a 55 man roster, once the game is over they go back to the PS automatically. Lawler has been activated twice now and if they were to do it a 3rd time they would have to make him officially apart of the roster.

But yes the OLB position is pretty thin in terms of healthy bodies.
Yep, I knew that he was on the PS but forgot about that 3rd event causing him to be automatically included in that MR53. Thanks for getting that cleared up for me. So from what I see right now that Garrett had a spot open for him ready & waiting so the Rams do not need to cut anyone from the MR53.

Appear the Rams will go with Floyd/ Lewis/ Garrett & Hollins as their four OLB'er against the Bucs. Hopefully, we will see the Rams turn Lewis loose this week & give him some serious number of snaps. Garrett could also see a good dozen in passing situations depending on his playing shape. Having healthy Lewis & Garrett fully operational could make it hot for Brady causing him to step up into Aaron Donald's open arms.

I wonder how will see action @ that SS OLB'er side when Floyd comes out for a breather & to rest that bad ankle? In the last two games, Justin Lawler got that assignment. I will have to review the Colts game to see who took Lawlers position after he got hurt

ILB'er Gervase is a McVay favorite Special Teams ace so not sure why he was resigned the Young/ Reder/Howard/ Jones unit is healthy & effective IMO. Maybe he will take over for Dum dum FS Nick Scott on those Punts.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I still feel like there’s a chance they bring in edge help at some point.
Would be funny if they got Fowler back. With his restructured contract, I think they could squeeze him in after a few games.
What would be the reason to bring in ER's this season?

Snead has four returning next season. I would agree with you that there is a very good chance the Rams will draft a few in May 2022. I see no reason for any additions at this time unless Floyd is put down for a long period of time.

Even then I would think that we may see much more snaps where DC Morris will go with 4 down linemen if that were to occur. Morris presently has a trio of young DL'ers (Jonah Williams/ Ernest Brown & Mike Hoecht) who have some speed & size to set the edge & bring some presser.

Rams signed edge rushers (total of 7)
Floyd signed until 2025
Hollins signed until 2023
Lewis signed until 2024
Okoronkwo UFA in 2022
Garrett signed until 2025

J.Lawler on PS signed until 2022
E.Brown on PS signed until 2022

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What would be the reason to bring in ER's this season?

Snead has four returning next season. I would agree with you that there is a very good chance the Rams will draft a few in May 2022. I see no reason for any additions at this time unless Floyd is put down for a long period of time.

Even then I would think that we may see much more snaps where DC Morris will go with 4 down linemen if that were to occur. Morris presently has a trio of young DL'ers (Jonah Williams/ Ernest Brown & Mike Hoecht) who have some speed & size to set the edge & bring some presser.

Rams signed edge rushers (total of 7)
Floyd signed until 2025
Hollins signed until 2023
Lewis signed until 2024
Okoronkwo UFA in 2022
Garrett signed until 2025

J.Lawler on PS signed until 2022
E.Brown on PS signed until 2022
I think your list is pretty self-explanatory, to be honest. One, semi-proven pass rusher in the bunch. They could use one more reliable pass rusher.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think your list is pretty self-explanatory, to be honest. One, semi-proven pass rusher in the bunch. They could use one more reliable pass rusher.
I agree with you the Rams need a proven pass rusher in the worse way right now with Floyd trending downward after so much was made that this was going to be the year that Floyd became a star & no other non-starting Ram ER showcasing any flashes from the edge. Rams paid Floyd big too with $32.5 million guaranteed, $14 million signing bonus & a $64 million 4 yr deal. This deal was made so the Rams would not be in this situation.

Do you have any ideas on which decent proven pass rusher will come here & earn the $184 K cap space the Rams have left?

My position in this discussion is DC Morris needs to find out what very young ER's Garrett & Lewis can do & get them in on more than a few snaps first before trading away future draft selections for a "proven pass rusher". They certainly never come cheap & are rare to be found.

It's my belief the Rams have something here if they just could get into the game more often. Morris is not going to get any pass rush from Robinson/ Gaines/ Sebastian Joseph- Day. Now DE Jonah Williams is showing he can play & pressure the passer when given a chance.

Last edited: