Rams 2021 practice squad tracker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Im suprised nobody mentioned that OJ has been released and a new RB was added.

Unless I missed it that you guys didnt miss it.

Edit- disregard. Ya’ll didnt miss it.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess he was a 5th round bust
Why the blue font? He absolutely was a bust... mostly because he only played like 8 games in 3 years. I liked him coming out of college though. He had size, he was a tackling machine, and he also had quite a few sacks. But it never transitioned to the NFL. An additional spot on the practice squad is equal value for losing him, in my opinion. He would have been let go at the end of the year anyway. Thank God for Troy Reeder!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Anyone know the current roster size? Does someone have to get cut for Garrett ir or were we under before?

Tano

Legend
Why the blue font? He absolutely was a bust... mostly because he only played like 8 games in 3 years. I liked him coming out of college though. He had size, he was a tackling machine, and he also had quite a few sacks. But it never transitioned to the NFL. An additional spot on the practice squad is equal value for losing him, in my opinion. He would have been let go at the end of the year anyway. Thank God for Troy Reeder!
Because 5th round picks cannot be busts lol

If you get a 5th round pick to work out, you did a damn good job in your scouting.

Only the first 3 rounds can be considered busts imho - after that - were you lucky or good at selecting players

Tano

Legend
Anyone know the current roster size? Does someone have to get cut for Garrett ir or were we under before?
I think Kiser being let go was the extra player that allowed Garrett to be added to the active roster

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think Kiser being let go was the extra player that allowed Garrett to be added to the active roster
But Kiser was on the practice squad. After the game the 2 promoted players (Kiser and Lawler) go back to the practice squad.

Tano

Legend
Who did Kiser and Lawler replace when they got promoted from the practice squad (genuine question)?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don’t think so.

I do not believe Kiser counted against the 53 even though he was active on Sunday

The Practice Squad rules have been greatly adjusted due to COVID.

In addition to more players, several PS players can be protected. In addition, PS players (not sure if there’s a limit) can be game-day-active without losing their PS-designation. I think that was Kiser this past weekend.

The Rams switched-out PS RBs the other day (Hawkins for Anderson). With Kiser now in Denver, there’s an open PS spot. However, I believe the Rams will have to make a move off the 53 for Garrett.

Tano

Legend
I don’t think so.

I do not believe Kiser counted against the 53 even though he was active on Sunday

The Practice Squad rules have been greatly adjusted due to COVID.

In addition to more players, several PS players can be protected. In addition, PS players (not sure if there’s a limit) can be game-day-active without losing their PS-designation. I think that was Kiser this past weekend.

The Rams switched-out PS RBs the other day (Hawkins for Anderson). With Kiser now in Denver, there’s an open PS spot. However, I believe the Rams will have to make a move off the 53 for Garrett.
Need to post the Barbarino GIF now

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Who did Kiser and Lawler replace when they got promoted from the practice squad (genuine question)?
No one needed to be replaced.

It’s a little confusing. If you search “NFL Practice Squad Rules” some good explanations will immediately come up.

Tano

Legend
Or this

1632322032066.png

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
No...he wasn't on the active roster. Never was. He was activated on game day due to the new rule from last yr where teams can activate two PS players on game day, effectively giving a team 55 active players of which 47 can be activated on game day. They allowed these two extra players due to Covid potentially causing a team to lose 5 or 6 guys on a given week due to Covid. So just deepens the pool of potentially active players.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

53 & 16, our legal limit for both the regular roster and practice squad.

The above reflects Kiser now being gone & Garrett returning from his Covid protocol. The Rams do have room to add 2 players to the 53, effectively increasing us to 55 for a single game.
Kiser is also now shown named to the Denver Broncos 53.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Broncos lost one of their starting ILBs, Josey Jewel, to a season-ending injury on Sunday.

Could be a great opportunity for Kiser.
Might be just Snead knowing about Denver's need & giving Kiser a real chance to play this season in a starting position. Kiser is a UFA in March.;)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
53 & 16, our legal limit for both the regular roster and practice squad.

The above reflects Kiser now being gone & Garrett returning from his Covid protocol. The Rams do have room to add 2 players to the 53, effectively increasing us to 55 for a single game.
Kiser is also now shown named to the Denver Broncos 53.
Kiser was on our PS though, he doesn't count towards our active roster, neither does Lawler. According to the link you provided we do have 53 players and 16 PS players. Pircher doesn't count towards the PS so we now have an open spot from Kiser.

Just checked the Rams site and counted the roster. I counted 52, so no one needed to be cut for Garrett.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Kiser was on our PS though, he doesn't count towards our active roster, neither does Lawler. According to the link you provided we do have 53 players and 16 PS players. Pircher doesn't count towards the PS so we now have an open spot from Kiser.

Just checked the Rams site and counted the roster. I counted 52, so no one needed to be cut for Garrett.

Kiser was on our PS prior to being brought up for the Colts game, then he was cut following the game, making room for Garrett to be added to the 53. If Kiser had been a protected PS member, he wouldn't now be a Denver Bronco. I believe Lawler was a protected PS player and is now back with the PS. Pircher doesn't count against the standard 15 PS players because he's the 16'th PS player due to his status as a foreign player. According to the updated Spotrac roster, both the 53 man regular roster & the 16 man PS are currently filled.
I have found that the Rams site is often several days late in posting updated changes to the roster. jmo.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Kiser was on our PS prior to being brought up for the Colts game, then he was cut following the game, making room for Garrett to be added to the 53. If Kiser had been a protected PS member, he wouldn't now be a Denver Bronco. I believe Lawler was a protected PS player and is now back with the PS. Pircher doesn't count against the standard 15 PS players because he's the 16'th PS player due to his status as a foreign player. According to the updated Spotrac roster, both the 53 man regular roster & the 16 man PS are currently filled.
I have found that the Rams site is often several days late in posting updated changes to the roster. jmo.
Both were promoted from the PS, not signed to the active roster.

Being promoted and being protected are different, teams can protect up to 4 players and it has be done after 4pm on Tuesday. They can only promote 2 players. I posted a link to the PS rules earlier in this thread.
https://ramsondemand.com/threads/in...ad-rules-money-earned-and-general-info.65309/

In the rules that I posted it states 16 players, not 15, so excluding Pircher we have an open spot.

The Rams site is always behind. It still counts 52 with Kiser on the PS and Garrett on the Covid list. Which if Kiser was never signed to the roster leaves 1 spot open.

Last edited: