Rams 20 Browns 13: Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher???

What about Spagnuolo and Linehan?

That was a combined 23-73 with a near miss at an 0-16 season.

Fisher, while not popular for good reasons, helped rebuild this team after bad coaches and shitty GM's.

The Fisher era was an upgrade from the idiot that Martz became and what we had in the next two coaches.

What a mess this team was.

That's my point, though. Fisher was a major step up from the other two doofuses, yet was still not in McVay's league. Appreciate what we have.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm not as doom and gloom as some people in here, but i will say that i dont think they are so harsh bc they have become spoiled. I think they know where we came from and are afraid to see that again. McVay has shown he can make a winner, what we dont know is if he can continue the success by making the right adjustments. Thats the stage we are in.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Noone has mentioned all the drops from our great wr's and the great throw Goff made and it was called back because coach called a Time Out. I really get upset with all the wasted time outs early in the game or half. One game we may need them. Goff and McVay need to be joined at the hip before the Bucs game because I fully believe the Bucs game is a BIG one as they can give people fits. The Bucs are much tougher than anyone here will give them credit for. Gurley has been dropping passes since last post season. I think Gurley is option #4 because of it and maybe a reason Goff didn't throw the ball to Gurley as Gurley only has 4 catches in 3 games this year and he forced the int. I still believe Jarrod will be dropping dimes if we can get our OL fixed. The colts have such a great OL it allows Brisset to be as good as he is showing. That OG for the Colts is the best in the league bar none. Until Kromer gets our OL fixed and bigger holes for our Thouroughbred RB can get back on track mentally. He needs to stop focusing on his limited time left in the game players like Marshall has stuffed his head with. He acts like his time playing is very limited and he is holding back from playing his hardest. It's obvious to me. He drops everything too. We can't even throw to him like we did last season.

We have a ONCE in a GENERATION player in Aaron Donald and a healthy Cooper Kupp is our second best player right now. We need Higbee to run our offense best. McVay adds a wrinle like the double reverse against the Browns and the short pitch back inside to Woods for a long gainer against the panthers. All wrinkles coming out of our same look offense.

McVay has our whole offense built on the same look and we don't play like most other teams in the NFL. They use every set and we are an east west team instead of a power running team. We need to spread out the D to let our RB's find a cutback lane. We might be too finesse and our RED Zone offense is non existant for way too long. Coach needs an OC he trusts to call plays and that was a bad challenge to waste on PI. Upstairs coaches did Coach no favors. As a lifelong RAMS fan I still believe we are gonna get this all together and this Bucs game will be super close also. We have the defense that can beat seabirds. I'm also so tired of all talking heads crowning the whiners.

In a comparison with the hawks and RAMS playing the saints , both NFC West teams scored 27 offensive points and the saints only scored 9 points on the RAMS while putting up 33 on the seabirds. Same qb playing. We play Winston next then Russell Wilson then JG before traveling to falcons where Ryan plays his best in that dome. Falcons beat eagles down there. We then have Bengals in Wembly and our bye week before going to steelers. So many games to win if we get our ass together and escape injuries. OL needs extra weightroom time. Gurley needs to find his happy place and maybe his love for the game again. I think it's an offensive line problem myself. I like Gurley and his average of only 14 carries a game this season and only 4 catches if his head is not into it. We have other weapons. We won't be World Champs without having all our talent clicking at the right time. I'll be patient and laugh at all the over reactions on a 3-0 team.

The cowboys are not the 16-0 team everyone is talking about now. I'll wait on that one too. Pats play Bills this next week and will face Chiefs and Ravens before AFCCG. Still no one has scored an offensive TD against them since last year. We have that to focus on.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Honestly, that play I wouldn't mind having Gurley be the primary receiver. Leak out a little bit to the left side to get away from the linebacker, and you're giving Gurley the ball in stride with 10 yards between him and the closest defender, I like his chances of getting a big chunk of yardage there.

Gurley has only caught 4 balls this season and he was very bad in playoffs too last season. We miss that wheel route pass to Gurley but he is a big risk till he shows he can catch a short one first. He needs to do some jugs work and find his happy place.

London_Ram

Rookie
The play we looked most fluent last night? The razzle-dazzle with Kupp and Woods combining on the double reverse. Rest of the game the play calling is very vanilla again.

We're 3-0 struggling offensively because we're predictable in what we're doing and defences can game plan for it - even then they can't stop Kupp. Are we going to start sprinkling more of the magic in to the games and I'm guessing probably be more effective, but then risk having no surprises up our sleeves at the business end of the season.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I like the call.
It was going for the win. The LB stepped up, then dropped. Goff didn’t see him. Not an excuse for the throw, but, it happens.
Complaining about the call is tiresome nonsense. If they ran, against a stacked front, and didn’t get it everyone would bitch about being predictable.
The call was fine.

I agree that it was a good call because it was a great throw, right up until the LB with supreme effort and extension put a hand on the ball and knocked it up in the air.....he didn't intercept it.

Last week I posted about how I disliked that TD pass at the 2 yardline to Cooks and most loved it! The LB there was half an inch away from doing what this LB did.....so yeah, any given Sunday!

What bothered me was the over throw and behind the receiver passes he had when they were one play away from being in rhythm. I was bothered by that and Gurley looking like me at 48 years old running around on the field, (yes I am aware that Gurley's speed is deceptive)........it's just not that deceptive!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And by the way..........not often your QB has 3 TO's and you win.

The defense played lights out.

Oh IDK, boy wonder Jimmy Garoppolo had three turnovers and also fumbled twice more that the 49ers recovered and Daniel Jones had two turnovers (two fumbles) and Giant fans are treating him as a second coming of Yelberton Abraham Tittle Jr.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh IDK, boy wonder Jimmy Garoppolo had three turnovers and also fumbled twice more that the 49ers recovered and Daniel Jones had two turnovers (two fumbles) and Giant fans are treating him as a second coming of Yelberton Abraham Tittle Jr.
I see what you did there. Many wont. ;)

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Goff has a 3 game GPR of 38.2 and missed multi open receiver throws during a game that should have been a walk. McVay shares some responsibility, but Goff is the QB and team leader and is UNDER PERFORMING week after week.
Hmmm... how about the 3 totally catchable balls( Cooks, Woods, Kupp) and the one tough one that hit Cooks in the upper chest a spit second before the defender got to him?(remind anyone of a couple plays of Cooks in the Super Bowl?) All 4 drops in the first half. But sure... it's all JG! Also, the last pick?

Last edited:

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Even though the numbers don’t show it, I thought last night was a positive step for Gurley. I thought he ran harder last night than he did in the first 2 games, ***and*** he was blocking his ass off. He was picking up the blitz perfectly almost every time. There was an end around to Woods in the second half where he laid the wood on someone 20 yards downfield. Goff’s refusal to check it down to him more often still puzzles the hell outta me. He’s open a ton and Goff hardly ever even looks his way.

I’ve seen some people talk about his body language but Gurley is traditionally a slow mover in between plays. He gets up slow, he walks slowly back the huddle, etc. Hes been doing that ever since college.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Mc Vay needs to give Goff the free reign to call his own plays a la Aaron Rodgers when the defense changes their assignment.

Goff is getting hit multiple times and he might end up like Marc Bulger if he casually walks up to the line of scrimmage and calls out the play that was given by Mc Vay. The Defense already knows what's drawn up. There's no adjustments, no surprises and so predictable.

fearsomefour

Legend
No coach is perfect, but Mcvay is pretty dam close.

Goff had a few decisions that pissed off Mcvay and that is fine. It was a close game that shouldn't have been.

To Goff's defense, The Browns executed some perfect blitzes while covering up our WR's real well. Also, Goff had to deal with Free running DLineman due to Oline assignment breakdowns, Garrett constantly breathing down his back side, dropped passes by all his WR's, a non existent running game, and Mcvay's timeout call that erased a perfect thrown pass for a first down. Not to mention the loud crowd and communication challenges.

So Goff was irritated then Mcvay got irritated.

Guess what, we won and are 3-0. We should get back Blythe and Higbee and be at home next week.

Here is our next 6 opponents which should put us at 9-0

Bucs ( at LA)
Seahawks
9ers ( at LA)
falcons
bengals (at LA)
steelers
That Whiner game is gonna be a test for both teams.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hmmm... how about the 3 totally catchable balls( Cooks, Woods, Kupp) and the one tough one that hit Cooks in the upper chest a spit second before the defender got to him?(remind anyone of a couple plays of Cooks in the Super Bowl?) All 4 drops in the first half. But sure... it's all JG! Also, the last pick?

Catchable - sure.

Drops - only Woods - the others were poor throws or decisions.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Kupp is the best route runner this team has had since Bruce. When you watch him on replays giving a little shimmy or head fake he gets the DB pretty much every time.

Wow, that's a high compliment there.

Also has the benefit of being absolutely true.

:)

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Catchable - sure.

Drops - only Woods - the others were poor throws or decisions.
With all due respect, I disagree. The one to Kupp went right through both of his hands. Hey, drops are part of the game, they happen. The point I'm trying to make is there are errors on multiple players, not just our QB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kupp is the best route runner this team has had since Bruce. When you watch him on replays giving a little shimmy or head fake he gets the DB pretty much every time.
Well.....

Brandon Lloyd was pretty fluid. Although, he wasn't here very long of course.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
OMG Goff was terrible look lol Mayfield is so exciting
View attachment 30652

Dude stands tall and throws downfield. Thank God we have a QB who does. Every once in a while, a bad choice will get picked when you look for chunk passing plays. Goff has been otherworldly at going for deep and intermediate targets without many picks. So he had 2 and neither were alarming. It's part of playing QB. When your interior line is struggling, a QB who will stand tall and look downfield can sometimes get stripped while throwing.... It's not shocking, Goff wasn't late or stupid, the other team just made a play.

I swear Rams nation hated the safe dink n' dunk QBs, we get a kid who has been outstanding in his TD/INT ratio, who zips for 20+ REGULARLY and when he so much as plays an average game he gets psychoanalysis, questioning his development, creating a lot of "worry".... lol this is nuts. We have a good QB we can win with.
We not only "can", we are winning with.... and not in spite of.

Sorry, I am kinda blown away by this negativity towards 16. People are only upset because of their own expectations being sky high due to the standards for success that Goff himself has created.

Y'all have all been watching this game long enough to know that good players have bad games, good teams have slump, good kickers sometimes miss, good coaches sometimes call a bad timeout. Winning on the road is ALWAYS hard, no matter how easy Goff makes it seem.View attachment 30652

This ^^