Ram fans in St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Are there still many Rams' fans in St. Louis? Now that the Rams are finally enjoying some success in Los Angeles, are fans in St. Louis still bitter about the return to Los Angeles. Do fans attend bars and openly cheer for the Rams or are they jeered and scoffed at when they do. I'm very curious to know. I was one of the few who always cheered for the Rams when the team relocated to St. Louis and remained a life-long Rams fans here in Los Angeles watching the team in bars and later on Sunday Ticket. Rams fans or even Ram haters, please chime in.

Thanks.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I recall when the Rams left LA. I was pissed, I wanted to find a replacement team but never did. It helped that they had the magical 99 year and the GSOT as it ease the pain. I hope the returned LA Rams can produce a Super Bowl ring for the fans in the Lou, it certain would help.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah there are many myself included I remember when the Rams was here me and some of my buddies would meet up at Ozzie’s in the lumiere and watch the games there every Sunday. It’s hard to not care about something when you been watching and caring about for over 20 yrs

Big Game

Living The Dream
Yep there are still a few of us fans here in St. Louis, in fact i make the trip out to LA once a year to attend a game. Last year we went to the Buffalo game and this year we went to to the Home Opener vs Indy.

LA1.JPG

LA2.JPG

LA3.JPG

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I was a fan when I was a child living in Anaheim. When they moved to STL I was too young to really care and it didnt really matter bc my fathers side of the family reside in the STL area (what are the odds). I'm a fan of the Rams, city affiliation has no affect on me. Although i was and am pissed that the city of STL got the shaft, I understand that the product on the field and the players on the field are a separate identity and do not represent the thoughts or actions of the owners and league, which is who we watch every sunday. The Rams could move to Hawaii and I'd still be a fan.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I've been a fan since 1999. I'm a St. Louisan through and through, but I absolutely love the Rams. I get quite a bit of flak for it, but I don't mind. I've been waiting for a season like this one, been watching games with my dad (who still hasn't - and probably never will - forgiven Kroenke) on DirectTV, so I get to catch every game. Would go to LA for a game, but being in a wheelchair and not having much money aside from disability prevents me doing that. Maybe sometime later in life?

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I'm a Rams fan and only have a problem with the way Kroenke, and NFL ownership in general, treated STL on the way out. I've been waiting since the GSOT for the Rams to be good again, and I'm extremely disappointed that I can't go to games anymore (at least not conviently and relatively cheaply). If the Rams were still playing at the ED, it would probably be the loudest most-rocking stadium in the NFL this season. It's a shame. I have nothing against the LA fans except they need to show up in larger numbers and be louder with a team this good. I would love to go to the Eagles game at the coliseum, but I just don't think I can swing it atm. I got the $100 college Sunday Ticket (my daughter is in her last semester of grad school) and Game Pass, so I don't miss any Rams games.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If the Rams were still playing at the ED, it would probably be the loudest most-rocking stadium in the NFL this season.

I remember seeing games in bars from 99-01 and the crowd was crazy loud. Madden said during the Vikings playoff game IIRC it was the loudest crowd he had ever heard in his entire life.

my daughter is in her last semester of grad school

That means you are proud as hell and broke as hell HAHAHA. Congrats to her!

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
I have been a rams gan since the tony banks days. I am from STL, wont lie i was very hurt and upset that the team decided to leave, but i was more mad at ownership for lying than i was at the players because they had no say in it. So i still avidly support my rams just not ownership.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was one of the few who always cheered for the Rams when the team relocated to St. Louis and remained a life-long Rams fans here in Los Angeles watching the team in bars and later on Sunday Ticket.
I have to disagree, in a way! I'm in that group that has always routed for the Rams. And I think there where a lot of us, still routing here in L.A. after they relocated to St. Louis!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know in Jeff Gordon's latest article after the Rams v Texans game, he lamented that the Rams were finally good (finally after all of the years of futility in St Louis) and that he hated to make anyone's Monday worse because of the news....lol.

Now, there must be a sizable minority in St Louis who are still fans, which I am sure. We all deserve a Super Bowl win, but I would love to return the Super Bowl 34 favor to them, to share!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
They mostly bitch about Stan and Demoff, and rag on attendance at the Coliseum over at Ramstalk when Rams come up. Some are still fans.

Last edited:

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
I am a Rams fan located in STL. I only became a fan of them because of them moving here. I made the decision years ago that if they were to move back to LA, I would remain a fan. I honestly believe the STL leaders are just as big a reason they left as Kroenke was (although I still despise the man-ha ha). I am going to try and make it to one road game a year. Last year I met up with some ROD guys in Detroit. I am hoping to make it to the Christmas Eve game in Nashville.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They mostly bitch about Stan and Demoff, and rag on attendance at the Coliseum over at Ramstalk when Rams come up. Some are still fans.

And those things are fair to do. People are allowed to have feelings and opinions.

but those aren't fans anymore, they are haters.

That's not true. I'm a fan dating back to probably as long as you since we are close to the same age. I'll never stop being a Rams fan. But one thing has nothing to do with the other.

I didn't like Georgia and Shaw either.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Glad a good deal of the fans in St Louis are still around. Regardless of where the Rams play they will always be our Rams!

Status
Not open for further replies.