Ram Attack - Cardinals Scary?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
All right you bastages and lurkers, do the Turdinals concern or "scare" you in any way? Lets get to debating, keep it lively...and all you lurkers join up and let your voices be heard all over Rams Nation!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meRJhCbWUw8[/youtube]

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Ram Attack - Cardinals Scarry

I'll get us goin! So my biggest concern in this game doesn't come from the Cardinals, rather it comes in house. How consistent will the Rams be through 4 quarters? We saw a drop of in production for a bit in the Bronco's game from the starters...consistency my friends...that's the key.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

lol. I like how your set is expanding. Nice touch with the bobbleheads. Very Mike & Mike-ish. :lol:

I said earlier in a RODcast that the Cardinals are going to be the surprise team in the league. Their record last year is not indicative of what they're capable of. They lost all kinds of personnel, including all of their QBs and most of their O-line. They started off real hot last year before things started to implode, but that doesn't mean they can't bounce back quickly.

In no way am I taking this game lightly. Their defense always comes to play, and having a competent QB to throw to Fitzgerald is basically all they need to produce points. Jonathan Cooper being lost will hurt, so I hope we can take advantage of that and put some pressure on Palmer & force him into making many mistakes.

So while they don't necessarily "scare" me ... I am cognizant of what they're truly capable of doing.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

X said:
lol. I like how your set is expanding. Nice touch with the bobbleheads. Very Mike & Mike-ish. :lol:

I said earlier in a RODcast that the Cardinals are going to be the surprise team in the league. Their record last year is not indicative of what they're capable of. They lost all kinds of personnel, including all of their QBs and most of their O-line. They started off real hot last year before things started to implode, but that doesn't mean they can't bounce back quickly.

In no way am I taking this game lightly. Their defense always comes to play, and having a competent QB to throw to Fitzgerald is basically all they need to produce points. Jonathan Cooper being lost will hurt, so I hope we can take advantage of that and put some pressure on Palmer & force him into making many mistakes.

So while they don't necessarily "scare" me ... I am [hilite]cognizant[/hilite] of what they're truly capable of doing.

Did you bust out the thesaurus or dictionary for that one :ww:

Yeah the expansion is all the stuff from the shelves above the holt jersey lol

Your smart not to take this game lightly...it's gonna be a heated contest...and don't think for one second the Cardinals aren't out for revenge after we embarrassed them twice last year. The west is a 4 horse race....anyone who thinks otherwise is just in the dark.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Dr.RamsFanCK said:
X said:

So while they don't necessarily "scare" me ... I am [hilite]cognizant[/hilite] of what they're truly capable of doing.

Did you bust out the thesaurus or dictionary for that one :ww:

Yeah the expansion is all the stuff from the shelves above the holt jersey lol

Your smart not to take this game lightly...it's gonna be a heated contest...and don't think for one second the Cardinals aren't out for revenge after we embarrassed them twice last year. The west is a 4 horse race....anyone who thinks otherwise is just in the dark.
Ha. $20 says you use that word in your next Ram Attack.

And yes, I think it WILL be a 4-horse race, and I hope it does. Anything to chip away at the two top (perceived) favorites in the division will be a good thing. All we gotta do is take care of our own and everything else will sort itself out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My biggest concern: turnovers. I think their D is tough, so we can't give up the ball and make it worse.

At home; with more spice on offense than at any point since Holt retired... we should score enough to beat these guys.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yes and no.

They're a good team, they have a good defense. Their issues on offense wont nearly be as much as they were last year with a better QB. This isn't going to be a walk in the park and if the Rams go into that game thinking they're just going to come out with an easy win they will lose. I'm confident that Fisher wont allow that though. They're a good team, but I feel that the Rams are a better team. However as we all know on any given Sunday, the better team doesn't always win.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I am always concerned about every Rams game. You have to bring your A game in all facets of the game to win in the NFL. Arizona, like the Rams, are probably sick of hearing about the 49ers and Seahawks and will bring it opening day. So I expect Fisher to preach that this week to a young team that is eager to let their brand of "shock and awe" football out of the bag. Rams win a knuckle-buster, 27-20!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I should have read this post earlier because SOMEBODY (whose name has only one letter) took the words out of my mouth. :pssd:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
I should have read this post earlier because SOMEBODY (whose name has only one letter) took the words out of my mouth. :pssd:
Cognizant?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I’m not scared, but I am somewhat worried. Any given Sunday any team can win in the NFL. And, with a new coach, a better QB in Palmer and a defense that is strong the RAMS will have their hands full. But that’s going to be the case every week with this young team. My keys to a RAMS win.

Offense:
•Running game by committee needs to get 130 yards or better rushing the ball.
•O-Line needs to play physical with a “nasty” attitude. Also keep Sam upright. If Cardinals get pressure, move Sam around because he throws well on the move.
•Receivers need to get open and catch the ball.
•Austin and Cook need to get at least 5-7 touches apiece.
•Red Zone touchdowns and not just field goals.
•No turnovers!
•Limit the penalties.

Defense:
•D-Line pressure Palmer into making bad decisions. Sacks, sacks and more sacks.
•Secondary can’t let Fitzgerald and Floyd make big plays. We will probably give up a couple, but need to limit them stretching the field.
•Create 4 turnovers.
•Shut down the run game and make the Cardinals one dimensional.
•Limit the penalties.

Special Teams:
•Give up nothing and score on a KO or Punt return. We are so overdue for a special teams score.
•Limit the penalties.

I know I’m stating the obvious, but we need to set a tone that we are going to be any team’s worst nightmare when they line up against us. Yes, we are young and will make mistakes, but as the season progresses and as this team gains more experience it will be time to put the throttle down and not let up. Fisher and his staff might be somewhat conservative these first couple games, but I’m almost positive it’s going to be an exciting ride, so hang on. GO RAMS!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
The Cardinals defense won them their first four games last year, they were REALLY tough. Their terrible offense led to the defense wearing out and we all know what followed.....

That being said, I don't think Palmer stands a chance in this game , he is going to get killed, Rams win to start the year off right.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
MontanaRamsFan underestimating our progress:
I’m not scared, but I am somewhat worried. Any given Sunday any team can win in the NFL. And, with a new coach, a better QB in Palmer and a defense that is strong the RAMS will have their hands full. But that’s going to be the case every week with this young team. My keys to a RAMS win.

Offense:
•O-Line needs to play physical with a “nasty” attitude. Also keep Sam upright. If Cardinals get pressure, move Sam around because he throws well on the move.
•No turnovers!
•Limit the penalties.

Defense:
•Secondary can’t let Fitzgerald and Floyd make big plays. We will probably give up a couple, but need to limit them stretching the field.
•Create 4 turnovers.
•Limit the penalties.

Special Teams:
•Give up nothing and score on a KO or Punt return. We are so overdue for a special teams score.
•Limit the penalties.

I know I’m stating the obvious, but we need to set a tone that we are going to be any team’s worst nightmare when they line up against us. Yes, we are young and will make mistakes, but as the season progresses and as this team gains more experience it will be time to put the throttle down and not let up. Fisher and his staff might be somewhat conservative these first couple games, but I’m almost positive it’s going to be an exciting ride, so hang on. GO RAMS!

I don't know Montana, if we did all those things you say we need to do we'd win 141 to 3. :lol:

I'll be happy with about half those things. It's not like we aren't a better team you know. :ww: We just need to make less mistakes than they do and play the game we're capable of playing.

RamzFanz

Damnit
MontanaRamsFan said:

Offense:
•No turnovers!
•Limit the penalties.

Defense:
•Create 4 turnovers.
•Limit the penalties.

Special Teams:
•Limit the penalties.

Sorry, once I scrolled past "Defense" I was distracted. What did you say?

However, I really want to see confidence and pace. I want to feel like this is their 3rd season together. If that happens, it'll all be good. I am satisfied in the individual talent.

If the Rams lose, I will bet X's last dollar it will be penalties in key situations and/or confusion.

What worries me most about the Cards is that Palmer is my starting QB in FF and Cutler is my 2nd.

See my NON-DISTRACTING sig below (ignore the nipples and bounce, that's incidental), that's where I will be adding every team the Rams defeat when she shoots. Gonna be cool.

Should I put a Rams logo on:

A) Her Shirt
B) Tattoo

Vote

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
Sorry, once I scrolled past "Defense" I was distracted. What did you say?
You have great sigs, man. Great creativity.
Keep changing it up, because I'm always looking forward to the next one.
(though, keep this one a little while. I like it).

nighttrain

Legend
Ramhusker said:
I am always concerned about every Rams game. You have to bring your A game in all facets of the game to win in the NFL. Arizona, like the Rams, are probably sick of hearing about the 49ers and Seahawks and will bring it opening day. So I expect Fisher to preach that this week to a young team that is eager to let their brand of "shock and awe" football out of the bag. Rams win a knuckle-buster, 27-20!
As long as Palmer stays upright, the birds will be dangerous, not be taken as a win by any team. Young Rams need to bring their A game, which I feel confident they will
train

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My only real "concern" when playing the deadbirds is Peterson. I believe we have a coaching staff now who addresses this obvious concern.

Speaking of concerns,,, if I were Palmer,,, I'd be very fucking concerned.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I'll take an honest shot that y'all can feel free to blast :)

Everyone mentions penalties, and the preseason games really haunt me in that regard.

I think Sam will be less efficient at reading their 3-4 defense, so I'm a little concerned about interceptions, but I think our offensive line may surprise them with excellent pass protection.

On the runs, whether it's Tavon (yes I think there's a good chance we may see him in the backfield) on sweep or reverse plays or Daryl up the middle, their linebackers are going to be trying to strip the ball, so that's my concern there.

Other than that, I know they'll try to stretch the field on us and attack our young safties.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
albefree69 said:
Cognizant?

Nah. He's anything but. :pokeu: