Raise your hand..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
It does consistently amaze me how quickly we went from fans that would be happy to have a high draft pic or a single pro bowler to thinking McVay is not good enough…

Exactly, and I’ve gotten chewed up pretty badly in the past for even suggesting that before, but there is a sense of entitlement sometimes and it’s frustrating.

We’re a good team now, enjoy the ride, it won’t be forever.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
An analogy that is of course not perfect and maybe even just outright bad, but I wonder. And no, I'm not suggesting he is this guy...

John Wooden.

Wooden coached for a nearly two decades before he ever won a national championship. How much better was he during those championship years than in his first 5? Or even 10?

I'd suggest significantly.

It's an open question about how good McVay can become. He may never get over this hurdle or he may grow past it to become an all-timer. Most likely of course that it's something in the middle...

AZRams

Two raised hands and one raised pecker over here.

Another poster put it better. Name another current NFL head coach you would rather have?

I'll wait.
Kyle Shanahan....

conan obrien just joking GIF by Team Coco

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
An analogy that is of course not perfect and maybe even just outright bad, but I wonder. And no, I'm not suggesting he is this guy...

John Wooden.

Wooden coached for a nearly two decades before he ever won a national championship. How much better was he during those championship years than in his first 5? Or even 10?

I'd suggest significantly.

It's an open question about how good McVay can become. He may never get over this hurdle or he may grow past it to become an all-timer. Most likely of course that it's something in the middle...
Gonna be honest I don’t even know who John Wooden is lol.

That being said we cant solely judge McVay off Super Bowl wins because he’s not in complete control of it. Sure he (probably) got out coached in the Super Bowl by one of the best coaches of all time but I would argue there is no hurdle for McVay to get over. In fact I would argue he already coached a team that was capable of winning if healthy. No one can convince me that we don’t win that game with a healthy world beating TGIII and our best WR Coop. It is amazing to me how little our health is discussed when talking about why we lost but the master/student narrative is more fun I guess.

AZRams

Blythe admitted to a reporter after that game that we had figured out tells in the d lineman's stances to know what they were doing on a given play. We used that knowledge up crush them in the running game. It was an atypical situation that hasn't really been repeated since. It's an outlier and shouldn't be expected regularly.
Sounds like the '14 game against SF at home. They found a tell on pass plays and sacked Crapernick 8 times that day.

RamWoodie

Legend
- He got to stop being greedy and stop being stubborn about his game plan.

- Use all your weapons!!! I mean... how good is Higbee???... but McVay simply gets so hyped on Kupp, Woods, and Jefferson, that he forgets Higbee and even forgets to develop his backup WRs. You never know when you're gonna need your reserves...so get them in some games!!!

swmizzou83

Starter
Something people are also forgetting is Stafford is still getting comfortable with the offense. Remember it took Brady a good amount of the season last year to get comfortable and they won the Superbowl

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Hand raised, last years SB champs were 7-5 after 12 games and had suffered some bad losses. Got to peak at the right time and the Rams are very capable of doing it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you think coach McVay will ever lead the Rams to a Super Bowl victory. I think he has a difficult time adjusting to a slug fest type game where he has to let his defense and run game win games. He seems to stubborn to pound the ball and reverts to passing early and often to try and prove some kind of point. The record with a lead at half time speaks for itself, but when behind at half or anytime in the second half it feels were done. I appreciate and respect what coach and GM/ownership has accomplished but a Super Bowl victory im not so confident in. Start torching me, im ready.
All I got to say is....Linehan, Spags and Fisher....

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You call Bs on the line not playing well? I watched linemen get bull rushed and stunted all night. In Pass protection, the line was bad. Our offense is not predicated on the short passing game. It’s predicated on running, play action, misdirection, screen passes and mid range passing, with the occasional deep shot.

McVay didn’t do any favors in helping the line in the first half. But he did make adjustments by moving the pocket consistently in the second half and stafford was still being crushed.
Not to forget to at Stafford has quite a bit to say in his protections as well, as he’s usually adjusting them himself.

Mcvay got away from the run too early (again), and I stick to what I said, a couple bad decisions by Stafford, and bad O-line pass protection lost that game.

I won’t say they didn’t get blasted.Just saying they are ok moving forward. Stafford can’t throw the pick 6. The Int I’d say was Stafford getting caught on his 2nd read,but the line needed to do a better job.
Your comment to save Stafford’s life was what I was calling out.
Just saying as well that that was not the only reason The Rams lost.
Moving on to the road for Monday Night.Should drive up for the game.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coming into the game the Titans had the 23rd ranked pass defense and i believe 10th rush defense - so there was nothing wrong with the game plan... shit blew up really fast. I think McVay will learn somethings from that game... but he wasn't what lost the game.
Like Iron Mike Tyson once said... everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. Looking at those stats, one can understand why McVay thought it would be best to attack their secondary. And, as @Ellard80 said... McVay didn't throw those picks.