Raiders void Saffold deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@AdamSchefter 2m
Raiders had concerns about Saffold's shoulder; Rams had "no concerns whatsoever" about his shoulder, per agent Alan Herman and Jared Fox

Even better!

Do we still want him after failing a physical?

I mean, yes, we need a guard badly. But we need a healthy one. And unless the Raiders' standards are higher than the Rams'...

Yes. Because I'm sure the Rams are aware of his health because we've been monitoring it while he's here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm wondering if this is an actual failed physical, or just a disagreement in his shoulder condition? Are they the same thing?

Yea. There's no set criteria to passing a physical. Each team's standards will differ.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I think the Brass in Oakland 'failed' him coincidently because they relaised how stupid they are for signing him to that contract.... kinda like hooking up with a girl drunk and the next morning giving the excuse " Mommy wants me to come home beacause she got's my bath water ready" as you realise she is hideous!!!!:doh:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yes. Because I'm sure the Rams are aware of his health because we've been monitoring it while he's here.
Good point. Thanks.

As far as these events go... all I can say is... Buh?

jjab360

Legend
I think the Brass in Oakland 'failed' him coincidently because they relaised how stupid they are for signing him to that contract.... kinda like hooking up with a girl drunk and the next morning giving the excuse " Mommy wants me to come home beacause she got's my bath water ready" as you realise she is hideous!!!!:doh:
You just can't sign a guy for that much money for him not to have perfect health. Rams knew what his situation was and took it into account when we made an offer, Raiders didn't. Shame for them, good for us. Snead and Demoff probably saw this coming a mile away, freaking evil geniuses.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
THIS IS WHAT REALLY HAPPENNED!!!

Snead and Fisher said, "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice," and now he's stuck with us.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
You just can't sign a guy for that much money for him not to have perfect health. Rams knew what his situation was and took it into account when we made an offer, Raiders didn't. Shame for them, good for us. Snead and Demoff probably saw this coming a mile away, freaking evil geniuses.
HaHa either way this means I'm going to order my Saffold jersey :party:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Reggie McKenzie was reading here at ROD and had a meltdown, "WTH was I thinking?" You're welcome Reggie. :cool:

Let us see what Raiders fans think of all this...Btw it might take time to get on those threads. It seems the fans there are upset.

Roger Saffold Failed Physical

Fire McKenzie

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Here we go boys. Let's hope the injury bug stays away from him at guard.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame

BINGO!

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
Before this announcement - I was really worried about Rams OL situation. I thought:

We cannot fill all of our postional needs thru this years draft:
1 - 2 starting OG - depending on use of Barrett Jones
1 starting OT - depending on recovery of Jake Long
1 #1 receiver - we don't have one unless Stedman Bailey exceeds all expectations
1 starting FS
1 starting Nickel CB
I would expect to get these types of players in rounds 1-3. We only have 4 picks right now. That leaves us 3 players short and counting on as much as 4 rookie starters. That is why we need to add with Free Agency with 2-3 of above.

Now it seems we can pick 1 OL starter in draft and a backup OL player and save the rest for our many other needs. Amazing what a relief this one situation presents. We still need some FA action to stengthen our roster.