Raiders void Saffold deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
@JasonLaCanfora: Raiders announce the Saffold deal has been voided as he could not pass a physical. Man, they really can't give their money away

I wonder if we are back in the game here?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They just dodged a huge bullet....maybe that raises enough red flags that he will come crawling back at a SIGNIFICANTLY reduced rate

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Saffold fails physical, Raiders deal voided

5856.jpg

Ex-Rams G/T Rodger Saffold has failed his physical with the Raiders, and will not be signing.

Saffold's five-year, $42.5 million ($21.6 million guaranteed) contract is history, and he's once again a free agent. It's to the point where we just feel bad for Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie, who is simply out of his depth. Valuing Saffold more, the Raiders let perfectly fine in-house option Jared Veldheer walk. Now they have neither player, and a titanic hole on Terrelle Pryor/Matt McGloin/Unsigned Free Agent's blindside.

As for Saffold, it wasn't exactly a secret that his health was a question mark. He's missed 17 games over the past three seasons, battling a litany of injuries. More versatile than effective, he'll go back to shopping his wares as a guard who can play tackle. The Raiders are going to be historically bad in 2014.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bet it was that bad knee?? if you recall he has already said his goodbyes.....Thank goodness we have Snead Demoff & Fisher running the show......

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@JasonLaCanfora: Raiders announce the Saffold deal has been voided as he could not pass a physical. Man, they really can't give their money away

I wonder if we are back in the game here?

YESSSS! This is great for us. He'll likely have to accept a cheaper deal then!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bet it was his back that caused it.

Alan

Legend
I hope Saffold is going to be alright. He has given a lot of his body to the Rams.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
YESSSS! This is great for us. He'll likely have to accept a cheaper deal then!
Do we still want him after failing a physical?

I mean, yes, we need a guard badly. But we need a healthy one. And unless the Raiders' standards are higher than the Rams'...

Speeps

Starter
I'm wondering if this is an actual failed physical, or just a disagreement in his shoulder condition? Are they the same thing?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@AdamSchefter 2m
Raiders had concerns about Saffold's shoulder; Rams had "no concerns whatsoever" about his shoulder, per agent Alan Herman and Jared Fox

It's a good thing for the Rams that this didn't involve a trade or the "no concerns whatsoever" thingy would have made them look like they were hiding something.