Quiz: How Many 2015 Weeks Did the Rams Have 20+ First Downs? (No Looking!)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How Many Games Did the Rams Have 20+ First Downs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
First downs are all fine and dandy, but it's our 3rd down conversion rate that was pathetic.
Dead last, and by a rather large margin. Improve on that, and I don't care how many first downs total they get.
Just extend drives.

Bingo. Third down conversion was the worst. It seems we just don't have that clutch element on Offense. I used to love that when I played sports.

Where are our clutch 3rd down guys? Britt? No. Cook? Dropped so many clutch passes.-gone. Tavon? Not really his thing. Welker? Age. I thought Bailey would be that guy. Never thought Givens rose to the challenge. I've lost faith for now in Quick. Mason is too lax sometimes. He may have lost confidence when we drafted Gurley.

The 3rd down keepers to build on are: Kendricks, Gurley, Cunningham and maybe Marquez to a small extent.

Kendricks seemed to posses this "rise to the occasion" characteristic, but was shoved aside during the Cook years. Gurley doesn't melt either, and may show up more on third downs. Cunningham has it, as does Marquez, but I don't think Marquez has the talent to be front line.

What the Rams need to add during FA and the draft are TWO NEW GUYS that have what I'll call: Gronk Balls. When the chips are down, they are men among boys. "Third and 8? Find me. I'll be open." And then they make the best catch of the game. It doesn't have to be a big guy. Just has to have the Gronk Balls.

We don't have that. In fairness, maybe one of those 2 guys needs to also be the quarterback. (Will on-roster solutions Keenum or Mannion be the guy?) At least one new guy though, HAS to be a tight end or receiver. This IS the trait I guarantee Snead and Fisher are focused on this year. Mark my word. And these TWO NEW GUYS will help bring out the best in the building blocks I mentioned.