Quiz: How Many 2015 Weeks Did the Rams Have 20+ First Downs? (No Looking!)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How Many Games Did the Rams Have 20+ First Downs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Bonus: Which game of the season was their FIRST 20 first down game, if applicable?(n)

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Without looking I'd say zero. But judging on your bonus question there mighta been one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I picked 1.

Week 15 against Bucs. That felt like the game we won most decisively.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some right answers so far, but no one has guessed the FIRST week of 20+ first downs...:rant:"if applicable!"....if applicable.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Some time after Gurley got back I bet. One of those 140+ yard games? First Cardinals game? What week was that?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Well, Tron is bound to hit the answer some day, but the answer is.....one.

The VERY LAST GAME against the Whiners, people. We had 21 first downs. That's it! The Rams went the entire season without achieving the very basic offensive milestone. A pretty telling statistic.

Twenty first downs is a very modest offensive milestone. If the Rams don't do it at least 10 games next year I will be disappointed.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
One, really surprised at that - I went with zero, our O was really bad last year...

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Well we can't have that, now can we?

I'm not sure you understand the power I wield. My dogs look at me with great admiration. My children have tolerance for my corny jokes. And the rumored hatred my wife holds for me is greatly exaggerated. :rolleyes:

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Well, Tron is bound to hit the answer some day, but the answer is.....one.

The VERY LAST GAME against the Whiners, people. We had 21 first downs. That's it! The Rams went the entire season without achieving the very basic offensive milestone. A pretty telling statistic.

Twenty first downs is a very modest offensive milestone. If the Rams don't do it at least 10 games next year I will be disappointed.

The most by a team (assuming we're excluding starts of drives and first downs achieved by penalty) was 11 by the Saints, no one else was above 9, no doubt the 2015 Rams offense was an epic fail, but if you're expecting 10 then you're going to be disappointed (unless 10 was sarcasm, in which case carry on).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
First downs are all fine and dandy, but it's our 3rd down conversion rate that was pathetic.
Dead last, and by a rather large margin. Improve on that, and I don't care how many first downs total they get.
Just extend drives.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
The most by a team (assuming we're excluding starts of drives and first downs achieved by penalty) was 11 by the Saints, no one else was above 9, no doubt the 2015 Rams offense was an epic fail, but if you're expecting 10 then you're going to be disappointed (unless 10 was sarcasm, in which case carry on).

It actually wasn't sarcasm. Maybe I just need a reality check. Maybe my brain is stuck in GSOT era thinking.

That statistic just seemed to jump out at me. We were being outgained on first downs all year, and yardage, time of possession, and all other Offensive measuring sticks. Look, I get it. Wins are all that count. But these things tell the story.

I wasn't aware that 10 games would be such a high hurdle.