Quinn and McDonald to IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm guessing I'm the only person who saw this news and thought "Yay a ready made excuse for the Fisher fans"?

The season was over a long time ago, the O can't even score a TD, but they'll still try and use this.
What would you say....

You do here?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
A few weeks ago this would've been a real kick in the 'nads but, at this stage, we have to look at the positives.

Players like Alexander and Longacre will get more playing time. I realise Longacre was getting playing time in Quinn's absence anyway but that can go on until the end of the season now. Others might be promoted from the practice squad so there's an opportunity here to see what we've got depth-wise.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I thought this year couldn't get any worse.
Really doesn't matter, does it?

Trying to bring any of them back before the season ends won't accomplish anything.

I'll keep watching the games... I have no idea why... force of habit?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guarantee you one thing, We won't be drafting this high again!

I'd forgotten about that promise... thanks for bringing it back up!
:(:rant::homercrawl::shooting::wabbit::effemine::double:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, if it was raining soup our bowl would be upside down. Or if I fell into a swimming pool full of topless babes I'd probably come up sucking my thumb. :thinking:

When I was in college I was studying in Austria in 19mumblemumble. For Thanksgiving the group from my school went on a retreat in the Mountains. They had an unheated pool, and after a few too many glasses of wine (well, a LOT too many) we decided to go skinny dipping in the unheated pool. Let me tell you, that near freezing water does NOT allow men to look their best, so to speak.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Even with Quinn out last week we did not see an active Ethan Westbrooks (DT/DE) Fisher went with just three DT's. Fairley was seen often and played very well. Once would guess that with healthy 3 DE's Long, Sims & Longacre (all 3 active last week) we will should see Westbrook active this Sunday due to DE Hayes dealing with a nagging upper thigh injury. In reference to the any addition or call up to the 53 player roster to replace Quinn??? Not so sure that is a priority at the moment. But if there was an addition to this DL ....I want to see rookie DT Louis Trincat-Pasat. But with Fairley playing so well at both interior and even some DE in the 3 man DL .....there is no need for it.

The real concern is going to be in the secondary. The concern is not at safety either but at Corner. Janoris Jenkins brain cloud slumber is very bad timing. Presently looking more like he is a NO go. Yikes! :eek: another key here is if Trumaine Johnson can take up the starting outside CB post with Marcus Roberson. We need a full go from Trumaine & his messed up hammy. Trumaine has missed the last 2 3/4 games.

If Trumaine can go then Lamarcus Joyner can play the Nickle. This is a big unknown because the Lions play a heavy 3 to 4 wide-out offense. If Trumaine & JJ are both out..... then we will see our starting deep safety Rodney McLeod playing the nickle. How funny will it be when a 5-7 Joyner lines up to cover the near 6-6 240 pound Calvin Johnson?:shocked: Guess Cody Davis will end up as our deep safety.

The loss of TJ McDonald will cause issues for Gregg who was using TJ all over the field last Sunday and for several weeks as his disruptor. Mo Alexander will start in place for McDonald the rest of this pathetic season. Mo's back up will be Christian Bryant who has been active the last five games. Bryant is not a WWC he is a legit NFL starter in time! So the loss of TJ should not be too traumatic. One thing we should see is better wrap-ups from the SS position. Mo has looked well in his ability to wrap up when tackling something TJ seems to have left in the locker room.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would like Rams to plug leaky run defense in this game. That's what i will be focusing on

Don't worry The Lions will be busy lining up 4 and 5 wide outs on our two lone healthy CB's all day long. Has a NFL QB ever thrown for 1000 yds in a game?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
On top of all the bad stuff for Sunday, the Lions have come to life with a vengeance...This could get very ugly very quickly...Not exactly a new concept if your'e a Rams fan...It can get ugly before it shows up on the scoreboard with this team...It's painfully obvious early in a lot of games that this team is over matched and helpless before it shows up on the scoreboard...Just a bitterly disappointing season (again) for this Rams fan...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Trying to bring any of them back before the season ends won't accomplish anything.

It's like having to sit in a Hospital waiting room while a relative is being operated on, with very little hope they well pull thru the operation!! But you're praying!!

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
On top of all the bad stuff for Sunday, the Lions have come to life with a vengeance...This could get very ugly very quickly...Not exactly a new concept if your'e a Rams fan...It can get ugly before it shows up on the scoreboard with this team...It's painfully obvious early in a lot of games that this team is over matched and helpless before it shows up on the scoreboard...Just a bitterly disappointing season (again) for this Rams fan...
We're playing the Lions this week?
This is the first time since I was 5 years old I didn't know who the Rams were playing on the upcoming Sunday.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I was in college I was studying in Austria in 19mumblemumble. For Thanksgiving the group from my school went on a retreat in the Mountains. They had an unheated pool, and after a few too many glasses of wine (well, a LOT too many) we decided to go skinny dipping in the unheated pool. Let me tell you, that near freezing water does NOT allow men to look their best, so to speak.
hence the wine. (y) was it "nipply" cold ??

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Like Geico.....It's what we do.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And I thought this year couldn't get any worse.

Actually this is for the better those guys get the surgery get better quicker, Rams lose out, Fisher is replaced and the Rams draft early enough to get out of Quarterback hell...And then maybe, just maybe, the Rams start winning again.
8069785.jpg