Quinn and McDonald to IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They should put Barron at SS and see if Alexander can play the Barron role in the defense. If he can then Barron is expendable. If not then we need to resign him.
All due respect, but that would be a horrible idea. Barron has the SAM down right now and it took some time for him to get there. Alexander hasn't played a lick in that role and likely doesn't know any of the assignments. He at least has played some safety and knows (more or less) what to do back there. I don't see any scenario where Barron is expandable either. He's a very solid utility player and needs to be locked up like yesterday.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Really no reason to bring back Tree when he is ready. Let him heal. No need to risk further injury. Let him come back next year with everyone else at 100%. I would also limit the touches Gurley gets now. Don't want him to possibly have a set back this late in a lost season. Rams may possibly not have Jenkins or Johnson Sunday as well. Could be a very, very ugly end to the season. As if the last five weeks weren't bad enough.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Swell...

5b9ae44ee81bdc76c984a39920185230.500x300x21.gif

FRO

Legend
All due respect, but that would be a horrible idea. Barron has the SAM down right now and it took some time for him to get there. Alexander hasn't played a lick in that role and likely doesn't know any of the assignments. He at least has played some safety and knows (more or less) what to do back there. I don't see any scenario where Barron is expandable either. He's a very solid utility player and needs to be locked up like yesterday.
Maybe not the Barron role now, but the Barron role pre Ogletree injury where he played box safety near the line and was used a lot in blitz situation. Yeah putting Alexander in full LB mode now is foolish. I would also like to see Barron play some SS.

RamBill

Legend
Quinn, T.J. McDonald headed toward season-ending surgeries
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...cdonald-headed-toward-season-ending-surgeries

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams' lengthy injured reserve list is adding two more prominent names.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher announced Wednesday that defensive end Robert Quinn (back) and safety T.J. McDonald (shoulder) will need season-ending surgeries and will be placed on injured reserve soon. Quinn and McDonald will be the Rams' seventh and eighth players to go on some form of injured reserve this year, joining key players like cornerback E.J. Gaines, linebacker Alec Ogletree (designated to return) and guards Jamon Brown and Rodger Saffold.

“In all likelihood either today or tomorrow we will be placing Rob Quinn on IR for the remainder of the season with a back (injury),” Fisher said. “He’s going to require season-ending surgery. That will also be the case for T.J., who requires season-ending shoulder surgery. So, unfortunately, we lost two really good defensive players.”

For Quinn, this has been a move more than a month in the making. Quinn did not attend the team's practices over the week 6 bye and has only appeared in one game for 14 snaps since. He was originally listed as having a knee injury, then it was a hip and back injury and now it's listed as a back, but the back has apparently been the main issue the whole time.

Quinn said recently that he hoped to be back to 100 percent and he was waiting to at least feel good enough to play again, but with the Rams floundering at 4-8, there was now little reason to hold out hope and delay the inevitable much longer.

"We’re moving forward with this, we’re being aggressive with this, so that he can come back at 100 percent,” Fisher said. “Our concern is his future and we need to go ahead and move forward with it so he can come back. It’s a 10- to 12-week rehab and he’ll be back at 100 percent.”

McDonald has actually been dealing with multiple injury issues for awhile but had been playing through those until he subluxed the shoulder again recently.

"He’s been dealing with a few things,” Fisher said. “The shoulder subluxed and we’ve got some things we have to get fixed. He’ll come back, he’ll come back 100 percent, but it’s not fair to ask him to play under the circumstances.”

Without Quinn, the Rams will likely give second-year end Ethan Westbrooks more opportunities as he joins Matt Longacre in the rotation behind starter Eugene Sims. Second-year safety Maurice Alexander will get more chance to plays as well with McDonald out.

The Rams also will have two roster spots opening up after losing Quinn and McDonald. Fisher didn't indicate an immediate move, but the Rams are banged up in the secondary with cornerback Janoris Jenkins battling a concussion and Trumaine Johnson working his way back from a thigh injury.

Here's the Rams' full Wednesday injury report:

Did not practice -- DE Robert Quinn (back), S T.J. McDonald (shoulder), CB Janoris Jenkins (concussion), DE William Hayes (thigh), OL Andrew Donnal (knee), K Zach Hocker (right thigh), P Johnny Hekker (rest-not injury related).

Limited participation -- TE Lance Kendricks (concussion), CB Trumaine Johnson (thigh), WR Wes Welker (calf).

Full participation -- QB Case Keenum (concussion), K Greg Zuerlein (right hip).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Always sad when your punter is held out because he needs rest.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If it weren't for bad luck we wouldn't have no luck at all.

Yeah, if it was raining soup our bowl would be upside down. Or if I fell into a swimming pool full of topless babes I'd probably come up sucking my thumb. :thinking:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Eh figures. What really irks me are the blatant holding calls that LTs wrap around Quinn's neck. Respect for Quinn for playing his hardest sans complaints but the non-calls really put a toll on him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I guarantee you one thing, We won't be drafting this high again! Oh wait......................:palm::wtf:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
What doest kill you makes you stronger? Fast tracking the experience on the depth chart. Next year is the year.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Just one more reason to take a weekend off from watching them play. It will give me the opportunity to get my Christmas lights up.
th

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just one more reason to take a weekend off from watching them play. It will give me the opportunity to get my Christmas lights up.
th
I just started today, I'll be decorating for the next week!!

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I'm guessing I'm the only person who saw this news and thought "Yay a ready made excuse for the Fisher fans"?

The season was over a long time ago, the O can't even score a TD, but they'll still try and use this.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm guessing I'm the only person who saw this news and thought "Yay a ready made excuse for the Fisher fans"?

The season was over a long time ago, the O can't even score a TD, but they'll still try and use this.
200.gif