Quick vs Bailey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
As starters, there are those that prefer the trio of Austin, Givens and Quick, and others that prefer Austin, Givens and Bailey. For me, I'm leaning towards Quick, hoping that he would develop into a Dez Bryant style of player. But, even though we've seen flashes of improvement from Quick, he drops balls occasionally. And Bailey, he runs better inside routes and has better hands, but I don't think he's as big of a deep threat as Quick or can win jump balls like Quick's touchdown last year. I guess this is a good dilemma to have, having multiple promising WRs, of which we lacked.

Who would you rather see receive the most reps?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RamsOfCastamere said:
As starters, there are those that prefer the trio of Austin, Givens and Quick, and others that prefer Austin, Givens and Bailey. For me, I'm leaning towards Quick, hoping that he would develop into a Dez Bryant style of player. But, even though we've seen flashes of improvement from Quick, he drops balls occasionally. And Bailey, he runs better inside routes and has better hands, but I don't think he's as big of a deep threat as Quick or can win jump balls like Quick's touchdown last year. I guess this is a good dilemma to have, having multiple promising WRs, of which we lacked.

austin givens bailey on the drive unless a good mis match for quick turns up.

redzone however givins quick bailey

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
RamsOfCastamere said:

You're gonna have to dump that Bradford is a bust sig for me to take anything you post seriously.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
max missing the sarcasm:
You're gonna have to dump that Bradford is a bust sig for me to take anything you post seriously.
He's making fun of the Bradford haters. That one went right over your head max. :lol:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
albefree69 said:
max missing the sarcasm:
He's making fun of the Bradford haters. That one went right over your head max. :lol:

Damn, I hate when that happens.

Sorry.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I'm in the Bailey camp, until the redzone at least. However, Qucik showed improvement in game 1, and since then all I have heard is good things from camp. I just haven't seen Bailey play enough to truly say he is better (Not that he isn't, I just don't know). So at this point I am with holding my true judgement....ask me again after pre season game 3 :cool:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
max said:
albefree69 said:
max missing the sarcasm:

Sorry.
Took me a while to figure out who was who there too max ,thank God we have the elder statesman Albe to interpret gifs for us

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
It would be better if Quick stepped up, just don't trust him yet.

I hope they both pass Pettis in preseason.

Venturi called Pettis... Mr. All Earth City.

FRO

Legend
Pettis will most likely start the season as the starter, but I think Bailey or Quick overtake him. I think Quick has more upside than Bailey, but I see Bailey as a guy who is more likely to get it thn Quick.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy giving me too much credit:
thank God we have the elder statesman Albe to interpret gifs for us

You know me better than that Rich. :lol: It was X who noticed it first and clued me in.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
FRO said:
Pettis will most likely start the season as the starter, but I think Bailey or Quick overtake him. I think Quick has more upside than Bailey, but I see Bailey as a guy who is more likely to get it thn Quick.
FWIW Fro ,I don't see ANYONE "overtaking" Pettis ,if he loses the job it will be because he plays himself out of the lineup.
Hell get the ball thrown to him as a starter ,if he makes plays he keeps the job even if the younger guys do well when they are "in".

Exhitbit of WHY Albe didn't make it in politics
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy giving me too much credit:
thank God we have the elder statesman Albe to interpret gifs for us

You know me better than that Rich. :lol: It was X who noticed it first and clued me in.

Always take credit for good things.

Kruschev wrote his successor two letters said "when you get into something you can't survive open the first letter, when it happens again open the second"
The first crisis arrived so he opened the first letter it said "blame me" he did and he survived .

The second crisis arose and he opened the second letter it said " sit down and write two letters".

iced

Thordaddy said:
max said:
albefree69 said:
max missing the sarcasm:

Sorry.
Took me a while to figure out who was who there too max ,thank God we have the elder statesman Albe to interpret gifs for us

If you watched game of thrones you'd know Geoffrey is a little bitch....and fitting for the haters, gone mad

CoachO

Hall of Fame
For the time being, you are comparing apples and oranges. They are playing different positions.

Quick is working at the "Z" (Split End) and Bailey is working at "X" (flanker). But for the sake of the topic, both of them, as is the case with ALL of the WRs, bring something unique to the mix.

Quick is almost uncoverable on the "deep dig" routes. That being the 15-18 Yard crossing route. This is the route he can use his size and quickness. He tends to use his hands very well on this route, while on some of the other routes he has been used, he tends to try to use his body too much.

Bailey has excelled at the quick slants, and sideline type stuff. I do agree, he may have the best hands of anyone on the team. But he isn't being used in the same way that Pettis/Quick are playing out of the "X" spot.

Like Givens, he does stretch the field, and is deceptive in his speed downfield. I have been saying throughout training camp, that this will a "committee" approach, much like the talk about the RB by committee has been.

Way too many guys who all bring something different to the mix.

RamsOfCastamere

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
max said:
albefree69 said:
max missing the sarcasm:

Sorry.

Well, I guess you guys aren't Game of Thrones fans haha :bg:

To make it clearer for you, the boy speaking, Joffrey, is a pretentious, short-tempered, tyrannous king who loves to torture people for fun, and everyone fears him except his grandfather who rules in his stead. In this scene, he flips out on his grandfather, and he was having none of it. Joffrey thinks that being "king" makes him the most powerful man in the kingdom, but everyone knows where the true power lies.

Hopefully that explains it a bit :ww:

RamsOfCastamere

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
CoachO said:
For the time being, you are comparing apples and oranges. They are playing different positions.

Quick is working at the "Z" (Split End) and Bailey is working at "X" (flanker). But for the sake of the topic, both of them, as is the case with ALL of the WRs, bring something unique to the mix.

Quick is almost uncoverable on the "deep dig" routes. That being the 15-18 Yard crossing route. This is the route he can use his size and quickness. He tends to use his hands very well on this route, while on some of the other routes he has been used, he tends to try to use his body too much.

Bailey has excelled at the quick slants, and sideline type stuff. I do agree, he may have the best hands of anyone on the team. But he isn't being used in the same way that Pettis/Quick are playing out of the "X" spot.

Like Givens, he does stretch the field, and is deceptive in his speed downfield. I have been saying throughout training camp, that this will a "committee" approach, much like the talk about the RB by committee has been.

Way too many guys who all bring something different to the mix.

Exactly, they both bring something different, but many have expressed their desire for Bailey to work across from Givens instead of behind him, which is why I proposed the question. As of now, I want Quick to become the starter for the purpose of that deep dig that you mentioned.

Can't wait for Saturday :cheese:

RustyRay

Rookie
Quick for me and its not even close.

Quick is physically the most gifted WR on this team with his size and speed and strength...add in his ability to jump....He is a difference maker and has true #1 WR potential.. He is growing and has shown improvement this preseason. When the light goes on for this kid he is going to be impossible to cover...he can muscle you underneath and he can run by you, or he can go up over you and get it.

Bailey is a solid WR, good hands, decent speed but not fast, and has good quicks and route running. He is a player that is a great compliment to the other WRs the Rams have..He can get open and my guess is he will catch everything and be very clutch...but he isnt a #1 type.

I think they are both more talented then Pettis..

I would love to see Quick and Givens starting with Austin in the slot and Bailey moving everywhere...which is another strength of his...he can play outside the #s or inside..

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Bailey... especially in the RZ.

I say Quick needs another yr b4 he becomes what we all hope and expect from

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
RamsOfCastamere said:

See I tend to disagree with you. I like Givens/Bailey/Austin trio. I don't hate Quick, but I don't like when people expect him to be like TO or Dez Bryant simply because of his measurables. The guy doesn't naturally use his size when he plays, in fact he plays like he plays as if he had average measurables. Whereas Bailey plays like he's larger than 5'10", by using his body when he's airborne to make miraculous catches. His route running also helps him get separation despite only slightly above average speed. And really when have we ever seen evidence of Quick being a deep threat? To me he is an unproven clone of Gibby: limited downfield, doesn't use size, inconsistent hands, limited route tree. Bailey on the contrary showed his ability to get downfield in college nabbing 25 TDs for 1,600+ yards his sr year. I give Bailey an edge over Quick, and soon Pettis

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
RamsOfCastamere said:

See I tend to disagree with you. I like Givens/Bailey/Austin trio. I don't hate Quick, but I don't like when people expect him to be like TO or Dez Bryant simply because of his measurables. The guy doesn't naturally use his size when he plays, in fact he plays like he plays as if he had average measurables. Whereas Bailey plays like he's larger than 5'10", by using his body when he's airborne to make miraculous catches. His route running also helps him get separation despite only slightly above average speed. And really when have we ever seen evidence of Quick being a deep threat? To me he is an unproven clone of Gibby: limited downfield, doesn't use size, inconsistent hands, limited route tree. Bailey on the contrary showed his ability to get downfield in college nabbing 25 TDs for 1,600+ yards his sr year. I give Bailey an edge over Quick, and soon Pettis
I think Quick is just a slower learner and was WAY behind even Bailey in college. His measurables were enough for Snead (who scouted him for 2 years) to draft him, and Fisher put his stamp of approval on the pickup as well. What they saw during that private workout was someone who has elite "talent" when he stops thinking and starts playing (IMO). The question still remains ... will he put it all together and get to that level of play sooner rather than later? If he doesn't, then your post will be validated. If he does, then we'll all understand what it is Snead and Fisher saw in him. Like you, I saw some things last year that were very concerning. But at the same time, I saw some things he can do that some of our other receivers can't.

Fingers crossed that he gets there soon.