Quick look at the 9ers matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eventually you have to fix the passing game. Who better to pass against then one of the worst pass defenses? On top of that they don't rush the passer well.

I'd come out throwing and use a lot of Tre Mason if he's healthy too. Offense has to get better without Gurley if we want to become a playoff team.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Offensive stats:
Rushing - 18th in ypg, 16th in yards per rush.
Passing - 31st in ypg (only Rams are worse), 29th in sacks allowed.

Defensive stats:
vs Rushing - 20th in ypg.
vs Passing - 31st in ypg, 26th in QBR allowed, 18th in sacks.

The passing game is what is killing the 9ers. Being last vs the pass is a sure way to be giving up a lot of points which they are: 25.7 points per game allowed. Being last in passing is a sure way to be terrible in scoring which they are: 14.7 points per game. To give you an idea how bad 14.7 points per game is, the next team above them is the Rams offense at 18 points per game.

Matching up their weaknesses in the passing game, from Krapperdick's inability to read the field and the 9er OL's inability to pass block to the Rams' strengths in bringing the heat and mixing coverages/looks means an enormous advantage to the Rams in this matchup.

The only real positive in this matchup for the 9ers is their running game. It is respectable given the status of their passing game, and the Rams have struggled vs the rush from time to time. If there is a way to attack this Rams defense it is on the ground with a power run game. So the Rams defense will need to be on its game vs the run.

Offensively the Rams should be able to get Gurley going once again, I really don't see any issues with them gashing that front given that they've done it against the Cardinals. Then there's the passing game where the Rams' sorry passing attack should get healthier for at least this matchup.

This game is a pretty big mismatch in the Rams favor from where I'm sitting.

Which is exactly why games like this keep me awake at night...Divisional game where the Whiners have nothing to lose...Alfred E. Newman has a brain fart and actually does something right...It's all about Kapersucks...He seems the most dangerous when he is allowed to run up the middle...That's where Donald and Brockers come into play big time, IMO...As far as I can see, that's the only scenario the Whiners have to beat the Rams...Big test, can't imagine the Rams could possibly come out flat this week...Hope they jump the Whiners early and often, get on the board quickly and make their day miserable..I would love nothing more than to beat the Whiners into a coma...I have ask for an injury, but I would sure like it if the Rams have him real sore Monday morning...Stop Kapersucks, stop the Whiners...GO RAMS !!!

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Eventually you have to fix the passing game. Who better to pass against then one of the worst pass defenses? On top of that they don't rush the passer well.

I'd come out throwing and use a lot of Tre Mason if he's healthy too. Offense has to get better without Gurley if we want to become a playoff team.

Throwback to GSOT... Maybe come out for the opening series in a single back, four wide set. Bring TA in motion and snap the ball. Foles can fake/give it to TA on the move, fake/give it to Gurley, or set up for a pass. Somebody is going to be open for the Rams and somebody for the Whiners is going to :poop: their pants! :yess:;)

RedRam

Pro Bowler
It's almost hard to believe haha

I expect that to change on Sunday. Hopefully, Kaep won't see the pick himself. He'll be looking through his helmet's ear hole with AD sitting on his chest! :yess:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
screen-shot-2014-12-02-at-12-18-59-pm-png.png