Quick avoids PUP - active to start camp!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
After the Bradford and Long debacles of last year I'm super concerned about rushing guys back. Quick was our best player at the beginning of the year.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There is evidence out there that a LOT of shoulder surgeries end up with a STRONGER joint than pre-injury. How his re-hab went is the key but sounds like he has been doing all the right things .... now ... the MENTAL part you speak of ..... THAT IS key! Will he trust the shoulder? Will he forget the trauma of the injury? Will he be more in tune with being BETTER than he was last season ... or .... be thinking about just being out there?

The mental "rehab" of these injuries are as big, if not bigger factor in the success or failure of the repair. As mentioned in the Gurley threads about knee injuries ... most further injuries involve other joints because the player is still trying to "overcome" the original injury.

If you feel good. If all tests of strength and atrophy measurements are a go ... you have to "forget" and just go. Can't be scared or thinking about what has been already fixed.

That's the best explanation that I think could be made. People keep talking about "healing" when the injury is fully healed, long ago. Then you do rehab. Then you get into playing shape. Then you play.

IMO there is no such thing as "rushing it" unless you are saying they didn't rehab OR are favoring their injury. Doesn't mean lightning won't strike, but delay won't prevent it either. In fact, and this comes from what I've read by the top experts, delaying and favoring may make it more likely as that player worries the injury because that's what everyone talks about.