Quick avoids PUP - active to start camp!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
:lifting:

Rotoworld:
Brian Quick (shoulder surgery) avoided active/PUP to open Rams camp.

He will be "eased" in. Either way, it's a positive development after an extensive shoulder operation to repair an injury that ended Quick's would've-been-breakout 2014 campaign. Quick and Kenny Britt should line up as St. Louis' Opening Day starters at wideout, with Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin mixing in for sub-packages. Still only 25 years old, Quick offers upside at his double-digit round ADP.

:cheers:

Jul 30 - 1:29 PM

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Boom! It is on now - rolling big outside and creating a mismatch for Bailey/Austin in the slot.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
And boom goes the dynamite !!!!! get him a red jersey a zap

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Great news, I can wait for him and Britt to destroy the NFC West and the rest of the NFL between their heels.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Superb news!!!

Everyone on ROD who attends training camp needs to write full reports and take lots of photos. Seriously, you're all my eyes and ears on this :LOL:! Besides actual games, this might be my favorite part of the season.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember telling my wife earlier in the offseason that the key part of signing Britt is not only his athletic ability and knowledge. He is a very talented receiver, and athlete. I think that it is good that he is there with Quick as well. I thought I read an article last year about Britt mentoring Quick. You have to admit that Quick was coming into his own last year before the injury. This is good news.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
image.jpg
Let's Rock! :rockon:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Anybody got a clue what this means?
That he's a great "value" in that he isnt expected to be drafted in fantasy football leagues until late rounds (after 9). The source is fantasy related. He'll probably go higher than that in ROD Leagues! (y)

RamzFanz

Damnit
YES! YES! YES!

Let us review, Bradford for Foles PLUS draft picks, Fairley and Ayers, Schotty leaves, they draft a MASSIVE o-line and Gurley, Rams take OT Isaiah Battle for a 5th, Gurley is cleared, Quick is cleared, and NFL announces Rams will stay in STL!

Amazing!

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm still a little worried folks! This was a serious injury, so I'm questioning how it will affect Quick mentally...and I wonder if this is to soon. I don't know anything...BUT...I wonder.

I also wonder what he was able to do in the off season. I know he had rehab and all, but he's a young player still. Quick can be a big time player and that's my hope too.

I'm waiting on that first big hit to that shoulder, to tell me if he's really ok.

…..

Legend
Its been obvious year on year development for Brian Quick. Unlike when we had the overdrafted Donnie Avery, Quicks development has been easy to see and he may prove worthy of his draft staus in the end. That said, I'm excited about what he brings this year.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm still a little worried folks! This was a serious injury, so I'm questioning how it will affect Quick mentally...and I wonder if this is to soon. I don't know anything...BUT...I wonder.

I also wonder what he was able to do in the off season. I know he had rehab and all, but he's a young player still. Quick can be a big time player and that's my hope too.

I'm waiting on that first big hit to that shoulder, to tell me if he's really ok.
There is evidence out there that a LOT of shoulder surgeries end up with a STRONGER joint than pre-injury. How his re-hab went is the key but sounds like he has been doing all the right things .... now ... the MENTAL part you speak of ..... THAT IS key! Will he trust the shoulder? Will he forget the trauma of the injury? Will he be more in tune with being BETTER than he was last season ... or .... be thinking about just being out there?

The mental "rehab" of these injuries are as big, if not bigger factor in the success or failure of the repair. As mentioned in the Gurley threads about knee injuries ... most further injuries involve other joints because the player is still trying to "overcome" the original injury.

If you feel good. If all tests of strength and atrophy measurements are a go ... you have to "forget" and just go. Can't be scared or thinking about what has been already fixed.