Quick a Bust?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm seeing lack of passion. OTAs, TC, PS, and in games. I just don't see the effort. My bet is Bailey has us all asking "Givens who?" Within a few games.
I remember reports of Givins doing extra work either before or after practice.
Effort is a hard thing to gage sometimes. Maybe he just has a bit of a limited skill set.

fearsomefour

Legend
In my experience the thing that I hear regarding Quick is that they could have had Alshon Jeffery. So (unfairly) the two are kind of doomed to be linked together. Apparently some fans just don't grasp that these are two different teams with entirely different systems, so if one player breaks out for 1,000 and 10 TDs, the other should too.
That is sort of the point I was trying to make. It is easy to judge in hindsight and totally unfair to link players. One has nothing to do with the other.

"This, what is it in itself, and by itself, according to its proper constitution? What is the substance of it? What is the matter, or proper use? What is the form, or efficient cause? What is it for in this world, and how long will it abide? Thus must thou examine all things that present themselves unto thee." Marcus Aurelius

Or to quote my friend....
"It is what it is bro." Joe.

Athos

Legend
I've been super hard on him since his drafting. Call it frustration of a team drafting guys who needed a lot more development than I was patient enough to deal with given the lack of well....any offense for several years.

I thought Givens would be the better WR, if only because I figured Quick would be another 3rd to 4th WR.

Never been so glad about being wrong.

Kenny Britt has been the best thing to happen to the Rams, if only for being a mentor in teaching Quick how to finally use his physical attributes as a weapon against DBs to make big plays and assert his will and dominance.

He's looked slick through 2 games. Clean routes that have gotten him wide open and if he catches that deep bomb, add another what was it, 30 yards to his totals? Plus another 25ish from that bunk FM penalty and he's in the top 5 in yards and REC thru 2 games.

I hope we keep doing intermediate and deep to him and just let him make a play on the ball. I have confidence he'll make it now more than fail.

All of the other receivers do the other things better. If there were a player who's missing Bradford the most, it's got to be Givens...

Disagree. He wasn't good when Bradford was healthy either. And hell, he actually seems SLOWER than he was his rookie year. Not good for a guy who's only real skill is speed. Because routes and making a tough catch will never be his M.O.

Bailey is going to push him way down the depth chart.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well, if people stop getting so caught up in draft position, then maybe he would have less pressure and questions.

Just because he's a certain pick doesn't mean he's a supposed insta-starter. That's not the way it works, and especially now with the rookie scale.

SF's 2012 draft is getting on par with the Rams 2006 draft. Not a single player from that year is on their roster right now. Compare that to what the Rams did, and it's night and day. But then you also get the people who obsess over Rok Watkins and Isaiah Pead. And the latter at least contributed on STs.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not be too quick to judge even now. I was very critical of Quick in the past but he has managed to step up big. It's only two games though and plenty of players have short spans of greatness. I need to see more.

That's fair. Pre-judging a player goes both ways.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Givens is just not developing as the others have. He has been a one trick Pony and as others have said, without Branford he isn't much of a threat in the offense.

As to Quick, I've always had the mind set that he was on the 3-4 year plan. He'd take a while to develop and as long as he showed progress this year over last year I would be happy. Well I am happy lol. I don't think he is near done developing but he has progressed greatly.