Question I would ask Snead...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Totally get what you are saying, however.....Rams lineman drafted since Saffold:

Rokevious Watkins
Barrett Jones
Demetrius Rhaney
Mitchell Van Dyk
Greg Robinson
Cody Wichman
Andrew Donnal
James Brown
Rob Havenstein
Jamil Demby
Brian Allen
Joe Noteboom
Dave Edwards
Bobby Evans

So while I understand it takes time to develop lineman pretty much all of these picks up to our last draft have been busts. I love Snead and how he operates but picking offensive lineman doesn’t seem to be his strong suit. Like I said in my original post-if I were him I would build the line through FA and trades and use my draft picks on defense.
Yikes.
Grob is the devastating one of course.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Everett is grossly underutilized in part because we have an amazing WR trio.
I agree with what you say in part. But I don't think our WR trio have been amazing since that Bears game last year Mac. I think they're very good looking at them 3 deep, where you can burn your top CB on one of them, maybe even cover a second option depending on your CB room but the third is going to eat up your depth chart. Cooks generally for example isn't going to burn a top CB and neither is Woods, but it's a pick your poison type deal. Aikman's saying of you're as good as your third WR is applicable here IMO.

I don't want to bag on our wideouts here. But they're in need of stepping things up a bit IMO. They have not been converting opportunities better than the other groups or anything like that. The disappointing play has been across the board even if it does start with the OL. Dropped passes early on to include key downs in many of our games thus far, getting smothered in the pattern, not doing a great job of scramble drill when Goff does get outside the pocket, etc.

Just IMO but we are in a transition period, a post-Gurley era if you will where our current wideouts aren't going to be blowing teams off the field. And Everett and his recent improvement fit nicely in that. We might be able to get back to that old look IF they can get Hendy rolling but we'll have to wait and see.

Oh and btw it's why I think they just made a big investment in our defense. To help keep that score down and allow this team time to try to finish this OL-rebuild-on-the-go.