QB Options?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
But why bother installing a new offense for a player who is not that good? The only people who used the Tebow package couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Edit: I hate running QBs and can be relied on to argue against them every time. Just a timesaver FYI:D

Because chances are it's going to be next to impossible to bring in someone who is ready to run Schottenhiemer's offense on such a short timetable, while getting few, if any, reps in practice.

Nobody is saying that the Tebow package would be a long term thing. Just something to get the team through this season, if necessary. And to incorporate in spots during the season to give opposing teams something else to think about on game day.

BTW, the Broncos went 7-4 running that Tebow package and even won a wildcard game.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
The problem is, you're always impressed watching highlights. Pryor's overall play is really really bad. He needs a lot of work. As a 3rd string guy, maybe, but we better hope he never sees the field unless catastrophe strikes.
And that is what I would like him for. The #3 QB. He would give us a very mobile guy to practice against to get ready for the likes we will/may face. And also see if over the season he can be tutored. The guy has some very very rare talent ..... just needs lots of work.

RamWoodie

Legend
Of the names I've heard; Pryor

However, I remain of the opinion Sanchez could have an Alex Smith like comeback on a solid team like the Rams. But, doesn't sound like a Schotty reunion is in the making.
No. I don't think he can...UNLESS he gives up his "diva" mentality....that's why he's gone from the Jets. If anyone need to put time in...in the film room, it's the QB, because he has a MONUMENTAL responsibility on offense:

*Reading defenses

*Audibles into better plays

*Sight adjustments

* Knowing the other teams defensive tendencies

* Knowing the entire game plan

When you hear Jet players saying Sanchez wouldn't put that work in...why would you want the guy??? :confused:

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
In addition to Pryor this is:

1Josh Freeman
2B.J. Coleman
sq_red_outFB.gif

3Chandler Harnish
sq_red_outFB.gif

4Matt Simms
sq_red_outFB.gif

5Brad Sorensen
sq_red_outFB.gif

6Tim Tebow
sq_red_outFB.gif

7Jordan Palmer
sq_red_outFB.gif

8Tyler Thigpen
sq_red_outFB.gif

9Caleb Hanie
sq_red_outFB.gif

10Curtis Painter
sq_red_outFB.gif

11John Skelton
sq_red_outFB.gif

12Mike Kafka
sq_red_outFB.gif

13Thad Lewis
14Ricky Stanzi
sq_red_outFB.gif

15Josh Portis
sq_red_outFB.gif

16Garrett Gilbert
sq_red_outFB.gif

17Keith Wenning
sq_red_outFB.gif

18Seth Lobato
sq_red_outFB.gif

19David Carr
20Rex Grossman
sq_red_outFB.gif

21Vince Young
sq_red_outFB.gif

22Brady Quinn
sq_red_outFB.gif

23Kevin Kolb
24Trent Edwards
sq_red_outFB.gif

25Logan Kilgore
sq_red_outFB.gif

26Bryn Renner
sq_red_outFB.gif

27Brendon Kay
sq_red_outFB.gif

28Brett Smith
sq_red_outFB.gif

29James Franklin
sq_red_outFB.gif

30Chase Rettig
sq_red_outFB.gif

31Tommy Rees
sq_red_outFB.gif

32Brock Jensen
sq_red_outFB.gif

33Jerrod Johnson
sq_red_outFB.gif

34Adam Weber
sq_red_outFB.gif

35Nate Enderle
sq_red_outFB.gif

36Pat White
sq_red_outFB.gif

37Dennis Dixon
sq_red_outFB.gif

38John Parker Wilson
sq_red_outFB.gif

39Jordan Rodgers
sq_red_outFB.gif

40Tyler Wilson
sq_red_outFB.gif

41Nick Stephens
sq_red_outFB.gif

42G.J. Kinne
sq_red_outFB.gif

43Dominique Davis
sq_red_outFB.gif

44Alex Tanney
sq_red_outFB.gif

45Ryan Katz
sq_red_outFB.gif

46Colby Cameron
sq_red_outFB.gif

47Kyle Padron
sq_red_outFB.gif

48James Vandenberg
sq_red_outFB.gif

49Mike Hermann
sq_red_outFB.gif

50Nathan Stanley
sq_red_outFB.gif

51Dalton Williams
sq_red_outFB.gif

52Matt Brown
sq_red_outFB.gif

53Caleb TerBush
sq_red_outFB.gif

54Tim Jenkins
sq_red_outFB.gif

55Dayne Crist
sq_red_outFB.gif

56Tajh Boyd
sq_red_outFB.gif

57Stephen Morris
sq_red_outFB.gif

58Collin Klein
sq_red_outFB.gif

59Alex Carder
sq_red_outFB.gif

60Rusty Smith
sq_red_outFB.gif

61Keith Price
sq_red_outFB.gif

62Kory Faulkner
sq_red_outFB.gif

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I am surprised how easily people dismiss Shaun Hill before he even gets a chance to play one game. This is what he was brought here to do. Take over in case Bradford went down. It wasn't suppose to be for the whole season but it is what it is. I do not see any other QB's out there that are that big a step up from Shaun Hill that are available even in a trade. If the Rams do make a trade what are they going to trade? Players? Draft Picks? The Rams don't have players or draft picks to trade and with the price of good QBs you'll have to make an RGIII type of trade. I look at Pryor, Sanchez etc... stats and I do see any being better then Shaun Hill. And they have huge concerns. I'm with Fisher on this. I think Shaun will do will do fine. I also think he is highly underrated.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Case Keenum it is! Was somewhat of a surprise to me but from what I have read about him he might be a good pickup for the Rams.

Ramatik

Starter
Edit: I hate running QBs and can be relied on to argue against them every time. Just a timesaver FYI:D

Me too. They just don't hold up or last.

I believe Russ Wilson is the exception. And I think it was also an aberration.

We'll see...

scifiman

Honestly, I would like to see Pryor as backup. If Hill gets hurt, it would be exciting to see our offense work with a mobile QB. We haven't had one of those in........hmmm......I can't remember.
The only reason I would want Pryor is to run the scout team and act like Wilson or Kaepernick. Would help our defense prepare for those 4 games.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Me too. They just don't hold up or last.

I believe Russ Wilson is the exception. And I think it was also an aberration.

We'll see...

I think He is more inline with Cam Newton. He is big and powerful just a lot faster. He isn't as refined a passer as Newton but one thing I have notice is that he doesn't bail or run just to run he looks to throw first. I think that is a nice building block. You add his running with our running game and it could be dangerous. I know they just got Keenum so do he replace Davis now

spamlord

Rookie
Hill and Austin this season. it's constantly lost on ppl that you lose cap room and/or a draft pick for a trade or pickup. so exactly what is the point? Bradford was our best playoff shot and Hill is the best backup shot at any kind of successful season. even if he wasn't why lose assets for someone maybe slightly better. God forbid if Hill goes down then just except the world is out to get us this season so just deal with it and draft high next year. it's like sacrificing soldiers in a battle you already know is lost so a smart general would wait to live and fight another day.

Well, the Keenum pickup really didn't cost us much (Cunnningham IR'd). My guess is Keenum will eventually be the #2 with Austin Davis going to the PS.

- Spamlord