Probably the last season in St. Louis for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Napa Jack

UDFA
Psycho_X said:
Paying $200+ to go see the shyte on the field like last night for what?... 5... 6 years now straight? And they still are filling the dome and being loud and the fans still get a bad rap. I was there last night, it was the loudest I've heard it since the GSOT days for the first half. Then, well, they went back to crappy loser mode. Rams fans had a funeral for their team going into the fourth quarter. After the wake was over we all went home. Hard to pay $200 to go see a funeral.

According to the stats, that dome wasn't filled last night. Attendance 56,640. Maybe a Thursday night game had something to do with that, I don't know. But your point is well made - $200 to watch that? I don't think so.

How does this team cobble together a running game? I am not that close to the situation so I don't know what they can do, but that line created NO lanes for Richardson - who is no SJ, capable of making something of nothing.

Hard to watch this mess year after year. As time goes by, the old fans that continue to follow them will probably fade away. They are St. Louis' team. Good luck with that. The talk of a team going to LA will continue, but there are more than a few teams that will be in that conversation. The Rams have been the team that makes the most sense emotionally, but, like I said, as the years go by, old Ram fans don't give a damn anymore and the young folks out there would probably accept anyone - especially with SC on the schneid.

There of course is still time to salvage the season, but with so many things that need fixing, how does Fisher get it all done?

BobCarl

Rookie
X said:
The economy dictates that the average joe will ...
I don't agree.

The average joe's money gets distributed to all 32 teams through profit sharing ... and most of us average Joes will be watching on TV ... where advertisers give the NFL big bucks for a 30 second opportunity to get our attention.

it is the supply and demand for luxury boxes that makes the Owner's world turn.

Not too sure how the pie is cut up with the current profit sharing system ... but with the last one ... teams that sucked and had their fans stay away got extra bonus money handed to them. ... (don't think that Al Davis isn't laughing in his grave about that)

But as a fan ... I'm not giving up on the Rams ... and I"m not ready to give up on Fisher either ...

Prior to last season, this team got left behind and was stuck in 2002 ...

So ...When Fisher came here ... we were 8 years behind the other teams in our division ... over the last two years, all three of them got even better ... however Fisher has narrowed the gap, we just can't expect him to have the gap closed yet.

With two 1st rounders next season, this team should be expected to be competitive again, and by 2015 Fisher will probably have us in the playoffs.

I see the light at the end of long long tunnel ... and we have another year or two before we get there.

BobCarl

Rookie
moklerman said:
.... it doesn't look good for the Rams in St. Louis.
I think the NFL will do everything they can to keep a (loosing or otherwise) team in St. Louis.

The regional market value (by population) puts St. Louis at #19 on the list ... I think that the NFL would rather take a team from a below-30 market and move it to Los Angeles.

When selling their product to networks (who are willing to shell out billions and billions to the NFL), it helps the value of the total package to have the St. Louis market included in the offer to the Networks ... even if the St. Louis team sucks.

TexRamFan

Rookie
BobCarl said:
X said:
The economy dictates that the average joe will ...
I don't agree.

The average joe's money gets distributed to all 32 teams through profit sharing ... and most of us average Joes will be watching on TV ... where advertisers give the NFL big bucks for a 30 second opportunity to get our attention.

it is the supply and demand for luxury boxes that makes the Owner's world turn.
Not too sure how the pie is cut up with the current profit sharing system ... but with the last one ... teams that sucked and had their fans stay away got extra bonus money handed to them. ... (don't think that Al Davis isn't laughing in his grave about that)

But as a fan ... I'm not giving up on the Rams ... and I"m not ready to give up on Fisher either ...

Prior to last season, this team got left behind and was stuck in 2002 ...

So ...When Fisher came here ... we were 8 years behind the other teams in our division ... over the last two years, all three of them got even better ... however Fisher has narrowed the gap, we just can't expect him to have the gap closed yet.

With two 1st rounders next season, this team should be expected to be competitive again, and by 2015 Fisher will probably have us in the playoffs.

I see the light at the end of long long tunnel ... and we have another year or two before we get there.

Do not forget about parking and concessions. Lots of money to be made there. I am not 100% for sure, but I am pretty positive Stan currently gets $0 for parking because he owns none of the surrounding lots. Unlike Jerry's world that I just visited and had to fork over $90 for a spot to tailgate ($75 face) and I believe that all goes to him. No sharing involved.

BobCarl

Rookie
TexRamFan said:
Do not forget about parking and concessions. Lots of money to be made there. I am not 100% for sure, but I am pretty positive Stan currently gets $0 for parking because he owns none of the surrounding lots. Unlike Jerry's world that I just visited and had to fork over $90 for a spot to tailgate ($75 face) and I believe that all goes to him. No sharing involved.

You are correct about the parking and concessions. The Luxury boxes fit into that scenario as well.

I think there is some sort of agreement between the City, the Stadium, and the owners to some sort of sharing of the concessions and Luxury Box revenues

Other the appreciation on the value of the team ... (zero cash flow until he sells) there isn't a whole lot of green going into the owner's pocket