Probably the last season in St. Louis for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Don't want to err on the side of dramatic, but it's hard not to after that performance. This city honestly can't take anymore. Every halfway "I wanted to buy season tix but the Rams suck" fan was there tonight. It was fucking loud as shit. The fans did their part, and got let down worse than even in 2009. Considering the Cards will be in the playoffs, they will have a hard time selling a single ticket for the Jags game.

This is the end my friend - Morrison

Dear fucking God I hope not. :nono:

What a fucking embarrassment of a performance. I'm sick, and here we are again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, again, I have no dog in this fight, but where are they gonna go? Is there a new stadium somewhere in which they can play? And if this is the best this team gets, who's gonna want to pony up to see them no matter where they play?

That said, you do have a point. The economy dictates that the average joe will more wisely spend his money if this doesn't get any better. I feel bad for Demoff, really. He keeps bringing in the most highly sought after coaches (yes, Spags WAS the big name that year), and none of them are able to turn around the fortunes here. Dude works his balls off for this organization, and gets little to nothing in return.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
X said:
Well, again, I have no dog in this fight, but where are they gonna go? Is there a new stadium somewhere in which they can play? And if this is the best this team gets, who's gonna want to pony up to see them no matter where they play?

That said, you do have a point. The economy dictates that the average joe will more wisely spend his money if this doesn't get any better. I feel bad for Demoff, really. He keeps bringing in the most highly sought after coaches (yes, Spags WAS the big name that year), and none of them are able to turn around the fortunes here. Dude works his balls off for this organization, and gets little to nothing in return.

Then perhaps it's time for Demoff to stop going after highly sought after guys and start going after people who can turn this around.

Jim Harbaugh was still a relative nobody when he started turning the 9ers around, sometimes the big name guy isn't somebody you need to go to.

Username said:
Don't want to err on the side of dramatic, but it's hard not to after that performance. This city honestly can't take anymore. Every halfway "I wanted to buy season tix but the Rams suck" fan was there tonight. It was freaking loud as shyte. The fans did their part, and got let down worse than even in 2009. Considering the Cards will be in the playoffs, they will have a hard time selling a single ticket for the Jags game.

This is the end my friend - Morrison

Dear freaking God I hope not. :nono:

What a freaking embarrassment of a performance. I'm sick, and here we are again.

I agree. It would be crazy to not think that Kroenke will be looking for a change of scenery at this point.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:

I agree. I actually saw Kevin walking in tonight. He's a good guy, but regardless he doesn't own the team.

I just honestly cannot believe we're going down this road again. I mean fuck... It's honestly unbelievable to me. Back to the "I don't care how much they lose by, as long as they compete."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HometownBoy said:
X said:

Then perhaps it's time for Demoff to stop going after highly sought after guys and start going after people who can turn this around.

Jim Harbaugh was still a relative nobody when he started turning the 9ers around, sometimes the big name guy isn't somebody you need to go to.
Perhaps.

I'm not ready to close the door on Fisher though. Not yet.
Way too soon.

moklerman

Warner-phile
The crowd was loud on tv and into it from what I could tell but the attendance was only 56,640 which is about 10,000 short of a sellout. If TNF vs. the 49ers when the Cardinals aren't playing doesn't even bump the attendance numbers, it doesn't look good for the Rams in St. Louis.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Wow it truly is the age of impatience. What happened to a 3 to 5 year plan. Everyone thinks just because some team has done it that their team should just up and turn around their fortunes immediately. This team has been bad for a decade it takes time to fix shit that bad

moklerman

Warner-phile
Rabid Ram said:
Wow it truly is the age of impatience. What happened to a 3 to 5 year plan. Everyone thinks just because some team has done it that their team should just up and turn around their fortunes immediately. This team has been bad for a decade it takes time to fix shyte that bad
No one's asking for a Super Bowl win but they've been regressing even from the modest success they had last year.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
moklerman said:
The crowd was loud on tv and into it from what I could tell but the attendance was only 56,640 which is about 10,000 short of a sellout. If TNF vs. the 49ers when the Cardinals aren't playing doesn't even bump the attendance numbers, it doesn't look good for the Rams in St. Louis.

Especially after a loss and that strong showing in Dallas.

ViperLjs

Rookie
Rabid Ram said:
Wow it truly is the age of impatience. What happened to a 3 to 5 year plan. Everyone thinks just because some team has done it that their team should just up and turn around their fortunes immediately. This team has been bad for a decade it takes time to fix shyte that bad

I don't think anyone is asking for a miracle "quick fix," but the product that they are putting on the field right now is simply unacceptable. They have been blown out 3 games in a row, (with the Atlanta game looking closer than it really was due to garbage time points) and looked 100% uncompetitive in the last 2.

The fans deserve better than this after everything we've been through.

The fact is, the Rams have gone 23-76-1 since 2007. Something needs to change.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
ViperLjs said:
Rabid Ram said:

I don't think anyone is asking for a miracle "quick fix," but the product that they are putting on the field right now is simply unacceptable. They have been blown out 3 games in a row, (with the Atlanta game looking closer than it really was due to garbage time points) and looked 100% uncompetitive in the last 2.

Changing the location does none of that, you actually need to focus on changing the problem whatever it may be.

Going to LA doesn't change the running game, going to LA doesn't fix the offense, going to LA doesn't make the team stop hiring people who don't get it done with football teams.

The only thing going to LA will do is make them suffer through the same garbage that made them give up on the team in the first place.

ViperLjs

Rookie
HometownBoy said:
ViperLjs said:
Rabid Ram said:

Changing the location does none of that, you actually need to focus on changing the problem whatever it may be.

Going to LA doesn't change the running game, going to LA doesn't fix the offense, going to LA doesn't make the team stop hiring people who don't get it done with football teams.

The only thing going to LA will do is make them suffer through the same garbage that made them give up on the team in the first place.

Oh don't get me wrong- I'm 100% in the St. Louis camp here. I meant the Rams need to make some internal changes right away in order to save what remains of the fan base; I'm getting the vibe that the tolerance level for uncompetitive football has reached just about 0%, and rightly so. People are going to stop showing up if things don't improve.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'm taking the rest of the week off from football. If the team doesn't get it together, I'll give my tickets to my granddaughter and she and her boyfriend can go. Not a happy camper/Rams fan right now. Losses I get, poor effort I do not!

Napa Jack

UDFA
"Changing the location does none of that, you actually need to focus on changing the problem whatever it may be.

The only thing going to LA will do is make them suffer through the same garbage that made them give up on the team in the first place."
Hometown Boy

Agree with the first two lines. Take issue with the last. I was there for the meltdown. It wasn't the fans, it was Georgia. If she sold the team to local people, like the fans wanted her to do, the Rams would have NEVER left town. That sneak out of town crap was all her doing. Talk about long suffereing fans. You in St. Louis only had to wait a couple of years. You got what the fans of LA deserved.

V3

Hall of Fame
Rabid Ram said:

Actually, it doesn't take this much time. The Colts were just as bad as us a couple of years ago and they're already going to go to the playoffs for the second year in a row. And we had more picks than them.

People cant keep using the "it takes time excuse" when this staff has had enough picks and free agency money to start seeing results. People aren't even demanding the playoffs. We just wanted to see another year of improvement. They've regressed. That's not acceptable.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I do admit, with all of the hype this team has received that is one of the worst losses we have seen in a long time. However to assume they are done in St Louis because of one loss is a little overboard.

Yes, there will be empty seats in the dome moving foward. Yes they will suffer dramatically from attendance numbers and season ticket renewels next year. But I can't see a smart and shrewd business man saying "well, we suck again, attendance numbers are dropping...I know, let's pay a billion in relocation fees and move to a city that isn't even ready to house us yet." I will give up minority ownership of my team so we can get an extra 15k fans a game. Im not worried about the overhead costs, I don't care that I had a large part in moving this team here, I don't care about any of that......let's just get out of here, these fans suck and we can't win here".

A little to early to worry about a move. Im not a huge believer that the fans are THE reason teams move. Its about the $ $ $ $ $ $ and motive of the owner. And all of the information I see dosen't point to tons of money being in a move or us having an owner who intends to move.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Yes, it really was loud at the beginning of the game. The fans were into it.

But the Rams keep finding a way to lose. It starts with special teams. It seems to me like they started from their 15 yard line or less throughout the game. Yeah, they got slapped around HARD in that area. I remember actually cheering for a run up to the 19 yard line at one point, and then I realized I wasn't cheering for my son's team.

On offense, the play calling was way too predictable. So come on coach, our offensive line isn't going to force a running game down anyone's throats. Let's except that and start with a sense of urgency with the give and take game early on.

On defense? Wow, I really get the impression we should have drafted a safety in the first round and maybe a corner as well.

This team needs to pick a facet of the game. Any facet ... and just be good at it. Instead, we literally got beaten in every aspect. That takes it out of the crowd. There's nothing to cheer for, no particular series to look for. Just suck all around. Heck, I even mentioned to my friend who is a Packers fan that if I weren't a fan of the Rams, the game would have been much more enjoyable.

Psycho_X

Legend
Paying $200+ to go see the shit on the field like last night for what?... 5... 6 years now straight? And they still are filling the dome and being loud and the fans still get a bad rap. I was there last night, it was the loudest I've heard it since the GSOT days for the first half. Then, well, they went back to shitty loser mode. Rams fans had a funeral for their team going into the fourth quarter. After the wake was over we all went home. Hard to pay $200 to go see a funeral.