1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prisco's Monday Musings on Bradford, G.Williams, Pick #13

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by RamBill, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Prime Time RODerator

Be careful not to use the "T" word when quoting another member here. That word gets thrown around way too often when the subject of Sam Bradford comes up.

The debate has become tedious because only those in charge can make the decision to play, trade, or cut him and last I checked they couldn't have been clearer about their intentions. So what's left to argue about?

"Sam Bradford sucks because of x,y, and z."

"It's not his fault because he's never had a good O-line or decent wide receivers or a solid running game, or a good OC."

And on and on it goes without any resolution or closure.

[​IMG]

2. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

Fucks sake...

DR RAM likes this.
  3. DR RAM Rams Lifer

I hear you. I actually wasn't calling a poster here a troll, but I can see where you might get that from my post. My point was, if I wasn't clear, that I haven't heard anyone in the NFL question Bradford's ability to be a good NFL QB. It's been quite the opposite actually. Sam would clearly be valued as the best QB available if he became...well available.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Alan likes this.
  4. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

Stay out of it Mojo :)

Alan and DR RAM like this.
  5. rhinobean Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the Rams to cut or trade Sam before I find fault with his play! If then, as I never played high level football. Just know I like what I've seen from him!

Alan likes this.
  6. jrry32 Well-Known Member

His QB Rating was over 90. If that's pretty bad then I guess the standard for good QB play is Peyton Manning.

And I mean no offense by this but the couple things that tick me off more than anything in a Sam Bradford conversation is when people claim they're being "objective" about his performance and "telling the truth" or the other side is "ignoring the truth". It's incredibly egotistical.

It assumes that their perspective is the "truth" and they everyone else is "biased" who disagrees with them. It's just marginalizing the opinion of everyone who disagrees with you.

There is no universal "truth" on Bradford. There are a lot of different perspectives. And lets be honest, none of us are "objective".

The idea that he was playing well last season is far from a joke. He was on pace for 32 TDs to 9 Ints, a 90+ QB Rating, and was one of the best in the league when it came to play-action passing. And he did all of this while having no running game for 4 out of his 7 games, one of the worst drop%s in the league by his supporting cast, and being middle of the pack in terms of pressure allowed.

To clarify, the guy didn't have a single other unit on the offense playing above an average level. And two of the three units were far below average.

Whether you like Bradford or not, there aren't many QBs in the NFL that excel when they have a poor supporting cast around him. Even Tom Brady's stats take a major hit. And he's one of the best QBs of All Time. That says quite a lot. It's a team game.

Nah, he was their Head Coach.

7. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

these are my thoughts exactly. SB was having himself a decent year in Shottys offense for the 2nd year in a row. Would hate to see another change there

8. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

You left out the stellar defensive play early in the season. It may seem silly to those who want a change at QB but Sam may have been one of the few players on this team that was actually playing well right out of the gate. How's that for sticking my head in the sand? :rolleyes:

rhinobean and jrry32 like this.
  9. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

:confused: I'm sure we agreed that the record of a team should be used to judge the play of the centre and no other players on the team? No was that just me?

Alan and rhinobean like this.
  10. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Had to be just you. Most of the rest of us know how to spell center and color and.... well - you get the point.:p

Alan likes this.
  11. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

It's our language, you guys just decided you'd make up your own spelling for words just "to be different" :rolleyes:.

kurtfaulk likes this.
  12. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Sorry man. Our game - our language. You go ahead and say centre all day long when you're talking about that unwatchable game of soccer. We ARE talking American Football here right? Yeah - I thought so.:fighting:
    :fishing:

13. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I thought blue font indicated sarcasm? :confused:

RamFan503 and rhinobean like this.
  14. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Didn't want to go too far. That's right though - you're not a soccer fan - are you. Talk about taking the steam out of my ribbing.

Cheers man.

15. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

LOL no I hate it as much as you do. Don't touch cricket or rugby league though, then I will get annoyed ;).

RamFan503 likes this.