Prisco's Monday Musings on Bradford, G.Williams, Pick #13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
From Prisco's Monday Musings:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...n-draft-fits-plus-bradford-dalton-rants-raves

Draft Fits That Make Sense:

Texas A&M receiver Mike Evans to the Rams: I think they will pass on taking a receiver with the second overall pick -- so no Sammie Watkins -- so Evans would be perfect pick at No. 13 if he's there. The Rams need a big receiver who can become a red-zone threat. Evans has that ability. If they took him, he could team with Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey to give the Rams a nice, young group.

More Musings

• There is a sentiment around the league that the Rams are ready to give up on quarterback Sam Bradford. After spending time in St. Louis, and talking with general manager Les Snead, that is far from reality. The Rams think a healthy Bradford, with help, is plenty good enough to get them deep into the playoffs -- and maybe more. The Rams might take a passer at some point in the draft, but Bradford is their guy for now. And he should be. He was playing well before he got hurt last season. It's just dumb to think he should be cast aside.

• I can't tell you how excited the Rams are to have Gregg Williams running the defense. They felt they were a little stale with their looks last season, and expect Williams to liven up with things with his creative attacking looks. This is now a league where exotic looks are becoming the norm on defense. Look for more of that from the Rams.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...n-draft-fits-plus-bradford-dalton-rants-raves

• I can't tell you how excited the Rams are to have Gregg Williams running the defense. They felt they were a little stale with their looks last season, and expect Williams to liven up with things with his creative attacking looks. This is now a league where exotic looks are becoming the norm on defense. Look for more of that from the Rams.
Best move of the off-season by far. No more passive bend don't break bs.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
• There is a sentiment around the league that the Rams are ready to give up on quarterback Sam Bradford. After spending time in St. Louis, and talking with general manager Les Snead, that is far from reality. The Rams think a healthy Bradford, with help, is plenty good enough to get them deep into the playoffs -- and maybe more. The Rams might take a passer at some point in the draft, but Bradford is their guy for now. And he should be. He was playing well before he got hurt last season. It's just dumb to think he should be cast aside.

Thank you for not drinking the kool aid, Prisco.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Only thing they could have done better would have been replacing Schottenhiemer with Norv Turner this offseason, IMO.
On paper that sounds good but my concern back when it was a possibility is Turner is ALWAYS vying for the HC position. If he doesn't get it on the team he's on, he's looking elsewhere. His ability as an OC is very good but not good enough to risk the downside IMO.

Schottenheimer's offense can work. Favre was putting up big numbers in NYJ before he hurt his shoulder and Bradford was doing the same before he got hurt. Not saying there aren't better options than Schottenheimer but he doesn't NEED to be replaced.

Memphis Ram

Legend
On paper that sounds good but my concern back when it was a possibility is Turner is ALWAYS vying for the HC position. If he doesn't get it on the team he's on, he's looking elsewhere. His ability as an OC is very good but not good enough to risk the downside IMO.

Schottenheimer's offense can work. Favre was putting up big numbers in NYJ before he hurt his shoulder and Bradford was doing the same before he got hurt. Not saying there aren't better options than Schottenheimer but he doesn't NEED to be replaced.

Turner has had so many chances at being a head coach, I find it doubtful another team can sell him to their fanbase. The younger Schottenheimer on the other hand could be gone with just a little success.

And Favre has basically run Favre's offense wherever he's gone.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Wasn't Turner the OC in San Deigo for a long time? I think he has settled into his OC role quite nicely. I don't recall seeing his name come up when teams are looking for Head coaches. How do you vie for a head coaching job if nobody wants you in that role?

"the Rams are ready to give up on quarterback Sam Bradford." Can we make a deal that the next time those words are used in anything other than a discussion between posters is when Fisher says so, because otherwise I don't give a shit what the feeling "around the NFL" or "in the media" is.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Hey Norm....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Only thing they could have done better would have been replacing Schottenhiemer with Norv Turner this offseason, IMO.
Sorry. I just don't get the Norv love. I know he's had some good offenses. But he's had some real stinkers too. And his game time adjustments have been almost non-existent - especially in the post season.

Alan

Legend
Addition by subtraction. I have no confidence in Schotty. While I really hated the trade up for Austin, I expected more from him. Schotty just doesn't seem to know how to get the best of of his players and I'm not just talking about Austin.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Norv is a proven OC but...
A fourth offense in five Bradford seasons? I can't blame the Rams for NOT making that move. As i've stated many times, IMO if there is an OC change it will coincide with a change at QB in 2015.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Or are we talking about Fisher hiring Norv back in 2012?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Norv is a proven OC but...
A fourth offense in five Bradford seasons? I can't blame the Rams for NOT making that move. As i've stated many times, IMO if there is an OC change it will coincide with a change at QB in 2015.

This.

Speeps

Starter
Love Prisco's.

I don't get the Schotty hate. Especially since this team has not executed well enough for me to begin to judge him.

scifiman

Draft Fits That Make Sense:

Texas A&M receiver Mike Evans to the Rams: I think they will pass on taking a receiver with the second overall pick -- so no Sammie Watkins -- so Evans would be perfect pick at No. 13 if he's there. The Rams need a big receiver who can become a red-zone threat. Evans has that ability. If they took him, he could team with Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey to give the Rams a nice, young group.

More Musings

The sentiment around the league is that the rams should be looking to replace Bradford as he does not strike fear in any defense he plays against. This idea that he was playing well last season is kind of a joke. The team was 3-4 when he went down and 2 of those wins came against Houston and Jacksonville. His YPA is abysmal and his qb rating is pretty bad too. Everyone not being objective about his performance the last few years is simply ignoring the truth. He is not the worst starting qb in the league but certainly not in the the top 15 either. All fans should want the team to get better at every position every year. Just putting all your hope and faith in Bradford is a mistake. The rams have to bite the bullet this year but I could almost guarantee they draft a a qb.

I dont want to be inundated with the I hate sam tag because I dont. I wanted since the day we drafted him to be the best. Sadly I have to recognize the truth and that is we need a new franchise qb because Bradford is not that guy for us. I could go on and on but others have all pointed out the flaws in Sam's game and have been slammed by others in the forums for pointing out these things and it all comes back to Sam is under pressure or Sam does not have good receivers or some such other nonsense. Just excuses. Oh well. Just MO.

moklerman

Warner-phile
The sentiment around the league is that the rams should be looking to replace Bradford as he does not strike fear in any defense he plays against. This idea that he was playing well last season is kind of a joke. The team was 3-4 when he went down and 2 of those wins came against Houston and Jacksonville. His YPA is abysmal and his qb rating is pretty bad too. Everyone not being objective about his performance the last few years is simply ignoring the truth. He is not the worst starting qb in the league but certainly not in the the top 15 either. All fans should want the team to get better at every position every year. Just putting all your hope and faith in Bradford is a mistake. The rams have to bite the bullet this year but I could almost guarantee they draft a a qb.

I dont want to be inundated with the I hate sam tag because I dont. I wanted since the day we drafted him to be the best. Sadly I have to recognize the truth and that is we need a new franchise qb because Bradford is not that guy for us. I could go on and on but others have all pointed out the flaws in Sam's game and have been slammed by others in the forums for pointing out these things and it all comes back to Sam is under pressure or Sam does not have good receivers or some such other nonsense. Just excuses. Oh well. Just MO.
So, are you saying that he's had good receivers and a good o-line? If not, then why should he be expected to excel when other QB's like Brady struggle under similar circumstances?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I haven't heard that sentiment from ANYONE in the league, but I have from trolls, media, and fans.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I haven't heard that sentiment from ANYONE in the league, but I have from trolls, media, and fans.

You're right on point Doc...Everyone else with the exception of the Rams have been talking up other Quarterbacks Rams will draft a QB, but Sam the Ram is still the man!