Preseason Games Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
there's no excuse for a defender to hit a player like that anymore.

the nfl really needs to hand out some long suspensions when a player attacks the head of an opponent with the crown of their helmet.

That's not what I see here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Welcome to the NFL rookie." Why pre-snap reads and knowing your shit is important lol.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
there's no excuse for a defender to hit a player like that anymore.

the nfl really needs to hand out some long suspensions when a player attacks the head of an opponent with the crown of their helmet.

I disagree this is still football if they don’t want him getting hit like they they need to play better.

They’ve already pussified the game too much.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not what I see here.

he lowered his head slightly before contact.

I disagree this is still football if they don’t want him getting hit like they they need to play better.

They’ve already pussified the game too much.

play better?

he was like a tackling dummy, he didn't move. the defender could have hit him anywhere he wanted and he decided to go for the head shot. got nothing to do with pussifying the game.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

play better?

he was like a tackling dummy, he didn't move. the defender could have hit him anywhere he wanted and he decided to go for the head shot. got nothing to do with pussifying the game.
He did not go for a head shot he hit him in the chest and slide up. Picking up a blitz isn’t something new.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Except for tripping, I don't know of another way to tackle without lowering the head slightly before contact.
Looked like his facemask hit his shoulder and the the QB took a step becoming lower just as the hit arrived.

I thought so while watching live and the highlights just reinforced it to me. Oh well.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Except for tripping, I don't know of another way to tackle without lowering the head slightly before contact.
Looked like his facemask hit his shoulder and the the QB took a step becoming lower just as the hit arrived.

I thought so while watching live and the highlights just reinforced it to me. Oh well.

when you go for the head shot and lower your head as you do it that's the definition of hitting the player's head with the crown of your helmet.

TexasRam

Legend
Fields actually looks like he'll develop into a legit QB. Saw him go through his progressions before taking off, slides or takes a knee before contact, and can stand tall in pocket and deliver with great accuracy despite pressure.

Looks like the Bears got the right QB for once.
I agree. Fields has the tools. It’s going to come down to directing an offense though. Peyton Manning said after year 1 that no one was open. His dad explained they are open it’s just the window is so small.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched the first half of the Cardinals Chief game, came away with Creed Humphrey looking pretty good, both first strings looked out out of synch and just wondering how the first string Ram players will look in their first action come September 12th.
Yur killin' me, smalls....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

There were many ways he could have avoided that hit. He came in high.

Memphis Ram

Legend
when you go for the head shot and lower your head as you do it that's the definition of hitting the player's head with the crown of your helmet.

We will have to agree to disagree. The crown of the helmet is the very top of the helmet.

It was a bang bang play, but I thought the head coach was right to argue the point on the sidelines.

The QB takes a step and thus becomes lower right when the defender hit him. I'm 6'5". I take a similar step and I lose 5 inches of height. Curious to see if he'll get fined.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was one of the worst examples of a head to head hit by a defender that's 100% easy to avoid if they play the game right. He's doing as much damage to himself as Fields with his horrible technique.

…..

Legend
Watched Miami play Atlanta.

Tua looked sharp.

Malcom Brown did ok.

Falcons look like a .500 team