Preseason game 1: O-line review

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
My current flow chart.

Locks;
Whitworth
Edwards
Allen, (a pleasant surprise)
Corbett
Havenstein
Noteboom
Anchrum

On the rise;
Jackson
Meredith, (a pleasant surprise)

Probably all right;
Brewer
Pircher (PS)
Kolone (PS)

Need to step it up;
Evans
Shelton

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The best I could hope from this time to the final cuts is McVay & Carberry are able to get one of their reserve OL'ers that dressed last Saturday) close with OG's Corbett & Edwards in abilities as the reserve swing OG. That's priority #1 in my small brain. I do not care who it is.

The 2nd priority is to find a solid reserve center for Brian Allen. If it were to be starting RG Corbett then Carberry needs two have reserve OG's in his final OL cadre. If Tremayne Anchrum were able to shift gears here all 6-1 5/8th of him to be that reserve swing OG then things would be coming together real good for Carberry.

The thing that's staring us in the face is Snead has primarily OT's currently in his OL cadre. Something not a need @ this time. That's why this rookie Jordan Meredith is interesting to me. He fits what is needed. Meredith did play well @ OG last Saturday. My hope is that he continues to develop at a good rate till the regular season begins.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think we're doing just fine on the offensive line.

Especially if Allen has emerged.

Every position has a seasoned vet to back them up.

At tackle we have Noteboom.

At Center we have Corbett to slide over and Anchrum to take his place at Right Guard.

It looks like they're grooming Meredith at Center.

Alaric Jackson has potential as a tackle.

After living through the Fisher years it's easy to like this group and appreciate the depth and the development.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

At Center we have Corbett to slide over and Anchrum to take his place at Right Guard.

After living through the Fisher years it's easy to like this group and appreciate the depth and the development.

It takes patience to groom linemen… and unfortunately it also means a few swing and misses. That’s part of it. But yeah… nice to see there is a strategy to things.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Hang Ten Bro - keep surfing..

Heard Mcvay’s post game this morning & some of the posters here are getting a little ahead of themselves imo.
Easy to see Bobby Evans not playing to the level he should be for sure,but to think he is going to get cut?

wtf ? Preseason football folks….
There is a reason for it,but it’s more than just apple & oranges.Kevin O’Connell talks about is as well.

I like Bobby Evans & especially as a backup. Great to see Anchrum playing solid at RT.The depth is okay ?

Yea- soul the development is nice to see.I wouldn’t be totally surprised to see The Rams claim a Offensive Lineman either ? Then that would really make things interesting.My thinking is after cuts & placing a player on the practice squad Les Snead & scouting staff have under there radar though.
Meredith,Max, & Hoecht practice squad guys. This is the development & players taking self interest into there careers from labor of love.

1629302972718.png