PREGAME Pregame thread - Rams vs Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How long is the covid list now? I haven’t seen anything about how quickly they might start coming back. I did see Goodell saying there were talks going on about changing the protocols.

Also saw McVay saying they were all feeling fine but that doesn’t seem to matter.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Never an easy game. They are going to want to hog the ball and run it. Russel is still Russel. We need to get out to a quick start and make them play from behind.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think we'll have an answer on the covid stuff tomorrow from the NFL. Sounds like they're gonna let players play with no symptoms. But then again it's the NFL.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Speaking of this game. If we are generally healthy we win this game no problem. If not, it's hard to say.
But the hawks always play us hard so I expect a good game

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

First Look: Rams wrap up back-to-back divisional games hosting Seahawks in Week 15​

The Rams are set to face a divisional opponent for the second-consecutive week when they host the Seahawks on Sunday. Kickoff from SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, Calif. is scheduled for 1:25 p.m. pacific time on FOX.

In advance of the contest, here is your First Look at Rams-Seahawks, presented by Hyundai:

Notable Seahawks additions

Signed RB Adrian Peterson to practice squad on Dec. 1: The Rams already have seen Peterson once before – in Week 9 when he was with the Titans. However, Tennessee waived Peterson on Nov. 23, then he was signed by Seattle a little over a week later. He had 11 carries for 16 yards and one touchdown in Week 13, but was not elevated from the practice squad in Week 14, so it remains to be seen whether he'll be called into action against Los Angeles this week.

Activated RB Rashaad Penny from Injured Reserve on Oct. 25: The 2018 first-round pick has dealt with his fair share of injuries, most recently a calf injury in Week 1 this year that forced him to miss the Seahawks' next five games (including Week 5 against the Rams). So while now a "brand new" addition, Penny had his biggest impact yet with 16 carries for 137 yards and two touchdowns last week against the Texans.

Top performers in Week 14

QB Russell Wilson completed 17 of 28 pass attempts for 260 yards and two touchdowns in Seattle's 33-13 win over Houston

Penny paced the Seahawks' backfield with his 137 rushing yards and two touchdowns.

WR Tyler Lockett led Seattle's receivers with five catches for 142 yards and one touchdown. TE Gerald Everett (two receptions, 15 yards) caught Wilson's other touchdown.

LB Bobby Wagner had a team-high 15 total tackles for the Seahawks defense.

On special teams, K Jason Myers made both of his field goal attempts but only 1 of 2 extra point attempts, while P Michael Dickson averaged 42.3 yards per punt across four punts.

Early storylines to watch, and what they mean for the Rams

Similar to the Cardinals and James Conner, the Rams once again will be tasked with facing an emerging running back in Penny.

Granted, the sample size is much smaller for Penny compared to Conner – Conner has had multiple big games over the last month and a half, while Penny has had just one (last week). But that one game is enough to give any running back some confidence, and Penny is likely to have plenty of it after the performance he had against the Texans.

Putting Penny's Week 14 production into context, the first meeting between the Rams and the Seahawks this season saw the Seahawks post 25 carries for 92 rushing yards as a team, and they still kept it close despite that 3.7 yard-per-carry average.

That big-play threat of Penny will be important for the Rams to contain.

Of course, it can't be forgotten from that first game either that Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson left that matchup with the finger injury that caused him to miss four games. Wilson healthy for this game will certainly make a difference.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm worried about this game. The hawks are playing well again and the Rams might be ripe for a letdown.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm worried about this game. The hawks are playing well again and the Rams might be ripe for a letdown.
The issue is no practice for the Rams I think. They're gonna have to stay really close to last game's install and I presume the Seahawks will have an edge in gameplanning.

Good thing is our defensive front is playing fearsome right now. But we'll see how shitty the Rams look with all the time off this week I am expecting them to be sloppy but hope of course I am wrong.

Psycho_X

Legend

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just get the dub. Don't care if this one is hideous.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am sure the players are as divided on all this as the fans are. Bottom line is the NFL will make a call based on medicine (some will be pissed no matter what they do) and go forward with it.

If some players aren't happy with that you allow them to sit out and let the team replace them on the roster or whatever without pay and have a nice rest of your season.