Pre-Season Game 4 Position Battles ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
to watch ...

WR's (2 or 3 available positions) :

Brian Quick
Nelson Spruce
Paul McRoberts
Mike Thomas
Duke Williams
Austin Hill

TE's (1 available position) :

Justice Cunningham
Temarack Hemmingway

RB's (1 available position) :

Chase Reynolds
Aaron Green
Terrence Magee

OT's (2 available positions) :

Isaiah Battle
Andrew Donnal
Darrell Williams
Pace Murphy

Center (1 available position) :

Eric Kush
Demetrius Rhaney

DL (2 available positions ?) :

Cam Thomas
Eugene Sims
Ian Seau
Morgan Fox

LB'ers (2 or 3 available positions ?) :

Josh Forrest
Cory Littleton
Cameron Lynch
Brandon Chubb
Nic Grigsby

CB's ( 2 available positions) :

Marcus Roberson
Coty Sensabaugh
Troy Hill

While there are some unmentioned positions & players, I believe they are settled.

I'm already convinced guys like Longacre & Hager make the final 53. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What I'm looking for:

Spruce vs the ones from the slot. Vikes are tough on defense man, gonna be a good look for him, and Goff is probably going to need someone who can hold onto the effin rock.

Battle vs the twos from LT. It's time to see if those feet are as good as we all thought when they drafted him. If he struggles, move him over and put Williams in there.

More of Grigsby a little earlier than usual. I like the way he plays the position, want to see him get some good looks.

Hill get rested, we're going to need him in week one at the least with Gaines probably out. Don't want to see him risk injury in a game vs a team that is pissed they lost their QB.

Goff get the start with the ones. If Case is the starter need to rest him up and ensure he's ready for the opener. I don't trust Zimmerman or his team, lotta bad blood between him and Fish in my opinion and the team knows their season took a huge shot with their QB goin down. Even Goff I would not leave in too long, just get him a good 4 possessions and let him settle in before going to Mannion.

Statement game by Seau. I'd like to see him get a lot of defensive snaps from early on through the entire game. He's gonna make the team and he brings the type of blindside rush that could help us if he cleans things up a bit. Get him the reps.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Has anyone noticed Josh Forrest at all? Has he been in? I can't seem to remember him on a single play.

lockdnram21

Legend
What I'm looking for:

Spruce vs the ones from the slot. Vikes are tough on defense man, gonna be a good look for him, and Goff is probably going to need someone who can hold onto the effin rock.

Battle vs the twos from LT. It's time to see if those feet are as good as we all thought when they drafted him. If he struggles, move him over and put Williams in there.

More of Grigsby a little earlier than usual. I like the way he plays the position, want to see him get some good looks.

Hill get rested, we're going to need him in week one at the least with Gaines probably out. Don't want to see him risk injury in a game vs a team that is pissed they lost their QB.

Goff get the start with the ones. If Case is the starter need to rest him up and ensure he's ready for the opener. I don't trust Zimmerman or his team, lotta bad blood between him and Fish in my opinion and the team knows their season took a huge shot with their QB goin down. Even Goff I would not leave in too long, just get him a good 4 possessions and let him settle in before going to Mannion.

Statement game by Seau. I'd like to see him get a lot of defensive snaps from early on through the entire game. He's gonna make the team and he brings the type of blindside rush that could help us if he cleans things up a bit. Get him the reps.
It's not even 100% for certain that Goff starts. Don't think that Spruce will play this week... Which I think might hurt him. Also even if Goff plays no way Vikes play there starters after teddy injury... I want to see lots of McRoberts and Duke

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Has anyone noticed Josh Forrest at all? Has he been in? I can't seem to remember him on a single play.

In week one, he made some plays, but it's been checkered from then on. Have a feeling they really like Littleton, but I have not been overly impressed with Lynch.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
In week one, he made some plays, but it's been checkered from then on. Have a feeling they really like Littleton, but I have not been overly impressed with Lynch.
Forrest played well last week and was in good position. I have not been impressed with Lynch and Hager did not have a very good game at all (on field when Broncos scored both TDs). He looked slow to react to plays.

Actually thinking Goff, Higbee and a couple others went out on Friday before game against Denver.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Brian Quick
Nelson Spruce
Paul McRoberts
Mike Thomas
Duke Williams
Austin Hill

If healthy Spruce is in and with Cooper out I think it saves Quick although of this group McRobets has been most consistent.

Justice Cunningham
Temarack Hemmingway

Cunningham solid, but Hemmingway makes it on upside.

Chase Reynolds
Aaron Green
Terrence Magee

I like Aaron Green, but Reynolds will stick another year.

Isaiah Battle
Andrew Donnal
Darrell Williams
Pace Murphy

Hopefully Battle and plays will then after Williams looked so bad I feel they will keep Battle and Andrew Donnal who has had an excellent preseason.

Eric Kush
Demetrius Rhaney

I like Rhaney I feel he's been stronger, but Kush has been in with the two's most of the time @fearsomefour will disagree..

Cam Thomas
Eugene Sims
Ian Seau
Morgan Fox
Thomas because Rams need size and Thomas has played well to this point although is a tad out of shape and Sims because of experience with Seau and Fox on the practice squad.

Josh Forrest
Cory Littleton
Cameron Lynch
Brandon Chubb
Nic Grigsby

Going Littleton and Chubb here, however, truly not sure.

Marcus Roberson
Coty Sensabaugh
Troy Hill

They better keep all three because Sensabaugh has played the worst, but they won't release him.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas

Brian Quick - 53 man roster
Nelson Spruce -53man roster
Paul McRoberts -practice squad (TBD possible 53 man roster cooper replacement)
Mike Thomas -practice sqaud
Duke Williams -cut
Austin Hill -cut

Justice Cunningham - 53 man roster
Temarack Hemmingway -practice squad

Chase Reynolds - 53 man roster (Fisher favorite +10)
Aaron Green -practice squad
Terrence Magee -cut

Isaiah Battle - cut (raw/underwhelming)
Andrew Donnal -53 man roster
Darrell Williams - cut (disappointing)
Pace Murphy - 53 man roster (promising future)

Eric Kush - 53 man roster (6-4 315 - Hulk Hogan)
Demetrius Rhaney - cut (weakling)

Cam Thomas - 53 man roster
Eugene Sims - cut-bait (lost a step,wasn't explosive)
Ian Seau - ( deadly first step quickness) -53 man roster
Morgan Fox -practice squad candidate

Josh Forrest - practice squad
Cory Littleton - practice squad
Cameron Lynch - 53 man roster
Brandon Chubb - cut bait
Nic Grigsby - cut bait

Marcus Roberson - 53 man roster
Coty Sensabaugh - 53 man roster
Troy Hill - practice squad

fearsomefour

Legend
If healthy Spruce is in and with Cooper out I think it saves Quick although of this group McRobets has been most consistent.

Cunningham solid, but Hemmingway makes it on upside.

I like Aaron Green, but Reynolds will stick another year.

Hopefully Battle and plays will then after Williams looked so bad I feel they will keep Battle and Andrew Donnal who has had an excellent preseason.

I like Rhaney I feel he's been stronger, but Kush has been in with the two's most of the time @fearsomefour will disagree..

Thomas because Rams need size and Thomas has played well to this point although is a tad out of shape and Sims because of experience with Seau and Fox on the practice squad.

Going Littleton and Chubb here, however, truly not sure.

They better keep all three because Sensabaugh has played the worst, but they won't release him.
I would be shocked if Quick doesn't make the team reharess of Coopers status.
He is a veteran. If the Rams don't keep him they are two injuries away (with Britt who is always nicked up it seems) from playing all rookies at WR.
Quick sticks to have some veteran depth at low cost of nothing else.
Fully expect Battle to make the roster as well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like Nic Grigsby, maybe Littleton, but he had a bad game vs Denver...
I really like Brian Quick...and I like Mike Thomas...
I like Troy Hill, I'm ok with Roberson & Sensabaugh....I'd cut Joyner
Not sure about O-Line....Williams seems to have lost his mojo...Battle is never ready to play...Gotta go Donnal, Reynolds, Kush as backups...I'd just keep 8, put as many as I could on PS
I'd cut either Mannion or Case...Probably Mannion...
Keeping all the TE's on the roster...
He's played...one of those guys that doesn't hit with his pads...you'll never see him, unless he's throwing someone to the ground.. They seem to like Chubb and Lynch...this is the toughest battle IMO...all the others have been decided..unless someone does something spectacular tomorrow...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
to watch ...

Brian Quick
Nelson Spruce
Paul McRoberts
Mike Thomas
Duke Williams
Austin Hill

Justice Cunningham
Temarack Hemmingway

Chase Reynolds
Aaron Green
Terrence Magee

Isaiah Battle
Andrew Donnal
Darrell Williams
Pace Murphy

Eric Kush
Demetrius Rhaney

Cam Thomas
Eugene Sims
Ian Seau
Morgan Fox

Josh Forrest
Cory Littleton
Cameron Lynch
Brandon Chubb
Nic Grigsby

Marcus Roberson
Coty Sensabaugh
Troy Hill

While there are some unmentioned positions & players, I believe they are settled.

I'm already convinced guys like Longacre & Hager make the final 53. jmo.
While this^ is well thought out, and I agree with it as far as you went! I'm not sure we keep all 6 of the Safeties we have on the Roster right now!:cool:
WR by far is going to be the hardest one to decide upon!!(y)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
On the pass catchers you listed...I prefer to go use those two healthy rookie TE's heavy in the receiving cadre so I only going with 5 WR's with the initial draft 53 roster. I really only like 1 of your listed WR's, that's Nelson Spruce. I would think that Austin Hill & McRoberts would be fine PS material. I going WR's. Britt/ Austin/ Marquez/ Cooper/ Spruce. Problem with these five only 2 are solid WR's health wise....so your first regular season game you would lean heavy on the RB's & TE's in your passing game. I would avoid WR Quick & Thomas like poison Oak. I would be looking for a veteran WR who has been release who can catch the ball on a regular basis over the two names listed above.

TE/FB's would be Harkey/ Kendricks/ Highee & Hemingway. If you release TE Justice Cunningham you do it with the knowledge that he has done 3 seasons on the PS so he can not return to any PS & if signed he must be signed to the 53. Justice could be resigned easy & would remain under consideration. RB's keep four, I really desire Aaron Green to go with Gurley/ Cunningham & Brown. Green has some really good hands. Marquez will have take up his major role on ST's. RB T.Magee to the PS.

On your center list I releasing all the centers (Kush/Arkin/Rhaney) for the initial 53 draft leaving us just Barnes. Doing that so I can keep 3 of the 4 OT's on your list releasing Darrell Williams. Keeping Battle/Donnal/ Pace Murphy until I can see what's going on with Battles knee. Donnal is a no brainer. After the dust clears & will go back an sign Erik Kush early in the week. If Battle is not placed on IR then Pace Murphy is added to the PS.

On your DL list....Easy decision you have to have a reserve NT, Cam Thomas, You need a pass rusher to go with Quinn, so Ian Seau over Sims. This gives you two DE's who have a good amount of NFL game action moving inside on passing downs in Hayes & Westbrooks. You do not need Sims.

On your LB'er list...Cory Littleton is the one make the initial 53 the rest are releases or PS material. Lynch's play is dismal. Lynch has been outplayed by UDFA rookies thus far. Gregg's defense base using on 2 LB''ers the majority of the time. So you go with only 5 initially with additions to be made later Barron/ Qgletree/ Ayers/ Hager & Cory Littleton.

On the CB's unit you will keep all three you have listed & go with 6 CB's on the initial 53. mainly because the nagging ongoing injuries to EJ. So here's what you would have... Johnson/ Gaines/ Joyner/ Roberson/ Troy Hill & Sensabaugh. I not so sure that strong safety CB Bryant is as solid as most think. Still have the safety TJ McDonald issue up in the air.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not even 100% for certain that Goff starts.

I realize that, which is why the first line was "what I'm looking for."

As to the Vikes' starters, I agree Zim will be careful of course. But most of the guys like AP wouldn't have played anyway. Thing that worries me is that might be an angry team right now, because they know they have a great roster outside QB. So I would definitely rest Case and not take any chances. Let Goff roll with some early punches then get him out of there too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Hemingway lost his chance to make the 53 and think the Rams will go with 6 WR and 3 TE

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the pass catchers you listed...I prefer to go use those two healthy rookie TE's heavy in the receiving cadre so I only going with 5 WR's with the initial draft 53 roster. I really only like 1 of your listed WR's, that's Nelson Spruce. I would think that Austin Hill & McRoberts would be fine PS material. I going WR's. Britt/ Austin/ Marquez/ Cooper/ Spruce. Problem with these five only 2 are solid WR's health wise....so your first regular season game you would lean heavy on the RB's & TE's in your passing game. I would avoid WR Quick & Thomas like poison Oak. I would be looking for a veteran WR who has been release who can catch the ball on a regular basis over the two names listed above.

TE/FB's would be Harkey/ Kendricks/ Highee & Hemingway. If you release TE Justice Cunningham you do it with the knowledge that he has done 3 seasons on the PS so he can not return to any PS & if signed he must be signed to the 53. Justice could be resigned easy & would remain under consideration. RB's keep four, I really desire Aaron Green to go with Gurley/ Cunningham & Brown. Green has some really good hands. Marquez will have take up his major role on ST's. RB T.Magee to the PS.

On your center list I releasing all the centers (Kush/Arkin/Rhaney) for the initial 53 draft leaving us just Barnes. Doing that so I can keep 3 of the 4 OT's on your list releasing Darrell Williams. Keeping Battle/Donnal/ Pace Murphy until I can see what's going on with Battles knee. Donnal is a no brainer. After the dust clears & will go back an sign Erik Kush early in the week. If Battle is not placed on IR then Pace Murphy is added to the PS.

On your DL list....Easy decision you have to have a reserve NT, Cam Thomas, You need a pass rusher to go with Quinn, so Ian Seau over Sims. This gives you two DE's who have a good amount of NFL game action moving inside on passing downs in Hayes & Westbrooks. You do not need Sims.

On your LB'er list...Cory Littleton is the one make the initial 53 the rest are releases or PS material. Lynch's play is dismal. Lynch has been outplayed by UDFA rookies thus far. Gregg's defense base using on 2 LB''ers the majority of the time. So you go with only 5 initially with additions to be made later Barron/ Qgletree/ Ayers/ Hager & Cory Littleton.

On the CB's unit you will keep all three you have listed & go with 6 CB's on the initial 53. mainly because the nagging ongoing injuries to EJ. So here's what you would have... Johnson/ Gaines/ Joyner/ Roberson/ Troy Hill & Sensabaugh. I not so sure that strong safety CB Bryant is as solid as most think. Still have the safety TJ McDonald issue up in the air.

Hemingway is a tough one for me. I think the TE position is one where they're ready to make it fat roster-wise due to the WR corps not looking too great, but Hemingway is still raw as hell. Pretty sure he'd get through waivers and if it was me I'd have him marked for PS, but judging from Fisher's comments on him coming along they probably won't risk it. I see four TEs if that's the case: Kendricks, Higbee, Harkey, and Hemingway.

With the WRs you and I are on the same page with Quick. He has had enough time now to where he should not look like a rookie. Dude is a JAG and keeping him around sets a bad precedent. At least Thomas has the rookie excuse, I mean the kid--as bad and irritating as his drops in games have been--has at least shown well in practice. And he has done a good job as a gunner on teams, dude seems to always be in the returner's face. I'm thinking it will be: Britt, Tavon, Coop, Marquez, Spruce, Thomas. Thomas backs up Britt at X, the other four sort wherever the coaches need at Y/Z.

Lastly agreed on Lynch. The LB depth as a whole is wide open, and they are going to be one of the better units to watch tomorrow night as their performances are going to matter.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
going to be a lot of pissed off people because Quick is not going anywhere. he has the experience and is by far better than our rookies.

I rewatched the game last night and Kush has been really solid I think he makes the team.

Seau made a lot of mistakes last game I think he goes to the practice squad.

I really hope they keep Troy hill hes a gamer

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Higbee lined up at WR in pre-season several times. Might they use him as a wideout next to Britt?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Higbee lined up at WR in pre-season several times. Might they use him as a wideout next to Britt?
Think they're doing it just to create mismatches and get a LB/safety out in space. This could be very disruptive and give the a Rams opportunities to create holes for Gurley and WRs.