Power Rankings..ouch!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

69superbowl

Rookie
DFL. Deserved and no place to go but up. Good thing I live in the Bay Area and the whiners are doing lousy. I wouldn't be taking any SHT at all this week, right? Thanks Rams (again).

What are power rankings? Seriously I always though they were an indication of how a team were playing at that time but I saw an MLB one with the Cardinals ranked 6th yesterday, surely after winning 9 of the last 10 they should be higher than that? Is it a reflection of the entire season? Surely you'd just go off the standings for that?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Translation: We had no clue how good these teams were going into the season and...we still don't.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
DFL. Deserved and no place to go but up. Good thing I live in the Bay Area and the whiners are doing lousy. I wouldn't be taking any SHT at all this week, right? Thanks Rams (again).
That sucks dude.

3998429-hug_me_bro.gif

Irish

Starter
Hard to argue. Any team would have beat the team we put out there on Sunday.

Nowhere to go but up

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Espn couldn't wait to put the Rams in last place. Not saying we didn't deserve it after that game, but still.

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators lost at sea in a leaky dinghy:
What are power rankings? Seriously I always though they were an indication of how a team were playing at that time but I saw an MLB one with the Cardinals ranked 6th yesterday, surely after winning 9 of the last 10 they should be higher than that? Is it a reflection of the entire season? Surely you'd just go off the standings for that?
It's a combination of what you've done during the whole season and what you're doing now and who you're playing against. Had we lost to the Seahags I doubt we'd have fallen much. Had we beaten the Browns I doubt we'd have risen much if at all.

images

Last edited:

209RamsFan

Yup...offically the worst team in the NFL....#1 draft pick again??? hope not.

Athos

Legend
Well deserved. Put up the worst showing in the NFL first week.

I honestly think we can't get any worse though. If we can....I may have to become a Broncos fan this season, because sweet baby jesus that'd be hella bad.

I think they smack the Bucs around in response to their embarrassment at the Dome. Well, the D will at least.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
NFL.com has us at #31 ahead of the Raiders.

I think as the season goes on, our defense will win us a few games after they figure things out.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Hard to argue with that. Granted, it was just one week...but based on that one week, there's currently not a single team worse than the Rams.

I gotta believe Fisher's coaching and the talent on defense will secure a handful of wins, and we won't finish this way, but that's very optimistic thinking at this point.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NFL.com has us at #31 ahead of the Raiders.

I think as the season goes on, our defense will win us a few games after they figure things out.

I think Tavon will win us at least 1 game like he did last year. It takes one good block for him to take it to the house on ST's. Also, any team that lines up Man to man will get gashed by him as well.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
We played an average team from a mediocre division and laid an egg. From what I saw they played the worst overall out of all the NFL teams. I dont expect the Rams to stay down there long though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just read the power rankings at 'Shut down corner' ( Yahoo ) and they have the Rams listed at #22! I'll take that!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just read the power rankings at 'Shut down corner' ( Yahoo ) and they have the Rams listed at #22! I'll take that!!
That's generous. I wouldn't have guessed we'd be that high after last week.
Let's go ahead and bump that up to 19 by Monday, yeah?