Potential Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams knew this was coming. If they didn't pull the trigger on those players before they restructured, why do it now? That reeks of desperation. Moves based on desperation always fail.
Ive been married 30 years.....sometimes they work out.
Haha.

Ram65

Legend
Sign Calais Campbell and Clowny as stop gaps or chase young and Campbell to hold it down

I have been wanting Campbell for years. The guys still makes plays. If the Rams are going for it this year he can make a difference. It's always a numbers game. If they have the roster spot and cap space getting a solid veteran makes sense to me.

I don't know how things shake out with the draft. Adding CC has to be a consideration.

Same with the other two. I just like CC more.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best option may be a trade down from 19. I hate to admit it but getting an additional late 2nd rounder would help them to counter the loss of AD by adding another piece to the defense. Just get better on that side of the ball across the board I think is the immediate answer.

Turner has some flexibility to him due to how tough he is to move. But 3T feels like his spot, barring them drafting a guy like Newton. Problem is if that kid from Mizzou is off the board at 19 (Kiper is high as hell on him) then I don't really see a 5T that could warrant early selection. So if they plan to slide Brown over they could potentially add a nose at some point instead. Whatever they do it's gonna require a DT coming in, and then maybe Turner's flexibility plays in terms of accommodating that.

But if they're smart they'll add a lot of defenders in this draft. I know they'll probably take a WR, so get that done and put the rest of that draft capital into this defense. They needed help before AD retired. Now it's even more profound a need.
You are probably right about the trade down, but we better pray that Jackson holds up at LT!!!:angry::angry::angry:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Best option may be a trade down from 19. I hate to admit it but getting an additional late 2nd rounder would help them to counter the loss of AD by adding another piece to the defense. Just get better on that side of the ball across the board I think is the immediate answer.

Turner has some flexibility to him due to how tough he is to move. But 3T feels like his spot, barring them drafting a guy like Newton. Problem is if that kid from Mizzou is off the board at 19 (Kiper is high as hell on him) then I don't really see a 5T that could warrant early selection. So if they plan to slide Brown over they could potentially add a nose at some point instead. Whatever they do it's gonna require a DT coming in, and then maybe Turner's flexibility plays in terms of accommodating that.

But if they're smart they'll add a lot of defenders in this draft. I know they'll probably take a WR, so get that done and put the rest of that draft capital into this defense. They needed help before AD retired. Now it's even more profound a need.
Best I can tell via the trade chart, the only way to trade down and get an extra 2nd round selection would be to move to the very end of the round, include extra capital, or hope that one of the teams is EXTREMELY desperate.

I think that would be a mistake. The Rams could possibly miss out on a blue-chip prospect that far down.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I have been wanting Campbell for years. The guys still makes plays. If the Rams are going for it this year he can make a difference. It's always a numbers game. If they have the roster spot and cap space getting a solid veteran makes sense to me.

I don't know how things shake out with the draft. Adding CC has to be a consideration.

I so agree and he is such a good influence/teammate he's great for turner and Brown and if we took a murphy or newton young on the other side of b young then at least there's something there maybe a defense that could at least hold in a shootout. Maybe wishful thinking

dang

Legend
Best I can tell via the trade chart, the only way to trade down and get an extra 2nd round selection would be to move to the very end of the round, include extra capital, or hope that one of the teams is EXTREMELY desperate.

I think that would be a mistake. The Rams could possibly miss out on a blue-chip prospect that far down.
Rams have 5 positions open on defense. One blue chip fills one. Rams need as many top 100 picks as possible.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Rams have 5 positions open on defense. One blue chip fills one. Rams need as many top 100 picks as possible.
I get it. The draft is a crapshoot and the more shots one gets the better their chances of finding a gem.

Only I like the team's chances of finding a difference maker at #19. And that's the key. Difference maker. Not hole filler. Holes can be filled via free agency.

I don't want Snead to trade down too far and miss Bobby Wagner again.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
I get it. The draft is a crapshoot and the more shots one gets the better their chances of finding a gem.

Only I like the team's chances of finding a difference maker at #19. And that's the key. Difference maker. Not hole filler. Holes can be filled via free agency.

I don't want Snead to trade down too far and miss Bobby Wagner again.
I’m merely a fan but unless a stud (as rated by Rams FO) Edge (Verse, Turner) or DL (Murphy) or OT (Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga) are available at R1.19 they will be wide open to trade down offers.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I’m merely a fan but unless a stud (as rated by Rams FO) Edge (Verse, Turner) or DL (Murphy) or OT (Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga) are available at R1.19 they will be wide open to trade down offers.
They may be open to them, but I think they'd take EDGE Latu, OT Fautanu, or CBs DeJean or Arnold and move on to day two.

fearsomefour

Legend

Could get both for the cost of one of the bigger name, younger Edge players.
Campbell is a perfect rotational guy to me.
Big, strong, experienced and can still make plays esp if you limit his snaps.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It's one thing to trade down from the top of the draft or if you're willing to pick up resources next year. Just doubt there will be much value in trading down this year in the 1st. Not out of the realm of possibility though.

dang

Legend
It's one thing to trade down from the top of the draft or if you're willing to pick up resources next year. Just doubt there will be much value in trading down this year in the 1st. Not out of the realm of possibility though.
Depending on the terms of the trade it would at the very least add another top 75 pick.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Depending on the terms of the trade it would at the very least add another top 75 pick.
I haven't looked at chart but trading from 19 to what? And will that be worth losing out on some very good talent at 19? Most likely there will be a top OLB, DT, or corner at 19.

dang

Legend
I haven't looked at chart but trading from 19 to what? And will that be worth losing out on some very good talent at 19? Most likely there will be a top OLB, DT, or corner at 19.
I agree that the Rams will have a list of players they would use the R1.19 pick on. I could envision that list could include an Edge, CB, OT or possibly a DL (with Donald’s departure). If none of those players or several of those players are available I could see the Rams interested in a trade down to collect more top 75 pick(s).

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't want them trading down any more than 4 or 5 slots. The best they could do in that scenario would be a third round pick. But look at the teams 5 - 7 slots under them. Pittsburgh. No reason to trade up 1 spot. Miami doesn't have a third round pick (forfeited). Minnesota doesn't either. Or Philadelphia. Maybe Reddick and the #22 pick? No. Philly would never do that. Dallas? That's the ideal trade partner and they have a good relationship with the Rams. We could move down to #24 and pick up #87 in the third. They might want to trade up for a T. We should only trade down if 4 or 5 of our guys are on the board.

What if it went down this way:

Chicago - C. Williams, QB
Washington - D. Maye, QB
N.England - J. Daniels, QB
Arizona - Harrison, Jr WR
LAC - Odunze, WR
NYG - Nabers, WR
Ten - Alt, LT
Atlanta - Latu, Edge
Chicago - Fashanu, LT
NYJ - Latham, LT
Minn - Mims, LT
Denver - McCarthy, QB
Las Vegas - DeJean, CB
N.Orleans - Turner, Edge
Indy - Arnold, CB
Seattle - Verse, Edge
Jax - Thomas, WR
Cincinnati - Bowers, TE

Would Dallas want to move up to get Fautanu? Guyton? Would there be enough of our guys left to pick at #24? Let's say Newton or Murphy for DT, Chop Robinson or Darius Robinson at Edge, Mitchell, Wiggins or McKinstry at CB.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't want them trading down any more than 4 or 5 slots. The best they could do in that scenario would be a third round pick. But look at the teams 5 - 7 slots under them. Pittsburgh. No reason to trade up 1 spot. Miami doesn't have a third round pick (forfeited). Minnesota doesn't either. Or Philadelphia. Maybe Reddick and the #22 pick? No. Philly would never do that. Dallas? That's the ideal trade partner and they have a good relationship with the Rams. We could move down to #24 and pick up #87 in the third. They might want to trade up for a T. We should only trade down if 4 or 5 of our guys are on the board.

Washington - D. Maye, QB
LAC - Odunze, WR
NYG - Nabers, WR
Ten - Alt, LT
Atlanta - Latu, Edge
Chicago - Fashanu, LT
NYJ - Latham, LT
Minn - Mims, LT
Denver - McCarthy, QB
Las Vegas - DeJean, CB
N.Orleans - Turner, Edge
Indy - Arnold, CB
Seattle - Verse, Edge
Jax - Thomas, WR
Cincinnati - Bowers, TE

Would Dallas want to move up to get Fautanu? Guyton? Would there be enough of our guys left to pick at #24? Let's say Newton or Murphy for DT, Chop Robinson or Darius Robinson at Edge, Mitchell, Wiggins or McKinstry at CB.
Quinyon Mitchell all day as things stand right now.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I agree that the Rams will have a list of players they would use the R1.19 pick on. I could envision that list could include an Edge, CB, OT or possibly a DL (with Donald’s departure). If none of those players or several of those players are available I could see the Rams interested in a trade down to collect more top 75 pick(s).
I think there may end up being superior DT talent (including pass rush) at 19 than what will be avail at edge there.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Washington - D. Maye, QB
LAC - Odunze, WR
NYG - Nabers, WR
Ten - Alt, LT
Atlanta - Latu, Edge
Chicago - Fashanu, LT
NYJ - Latham, LT
Minn - Mims, LT
Denver - McCarthy, QB
Las Vegas - DeJean, CB
N.Orleans - Turner, Edge
Indy - Arnold, CB
Seattle - Verse, Edge
Jax - Thomas, WR
Cincinnati - Bowers, TE

That seems like an ideal scenario.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
No trades, we have a solid base. Just draft, draft and draft.
The correct way to build a team for long term success.
Trade up or down for picks.
But no vets looking to cash in.