Posting and code of conduct

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No one wants to stop people from using curse words. And I'll let circumventing the filters to speak for itself as I'm sure everyone knows what that means.

But what I don't think is being said here is that many of us are a little tired of seeing posts that might as well be in ALL CAPS because the poster chose to use freak to emphasize every point. The common rule has always been to act like you are talking across the bar with your fellow members. Frankly, I'm kicking someone out of my bar if they are rattling on with freak this or freak that. It's unnecessary and simply turns a great many people off. Putting an occasional curse word in for emphasis or humor is not what this is about. But if you are responding to something someone wrote with "freak this and freak that" It's just rude and crass. I don't care if there are kiddies around. Does anyone like to sit there and hear that while they are enjoying a beer or BSing with a friend at their favorite hang out?

I just don't think this is as much about the occasional curse word but how it is being used. Am I wrong here?
Ehhhh....I guess.
yay1.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one wants to stop people from using curse words. And I'll let circumventing the filters to speak for itself as I'm sure everyone knows what that means.

But what I don't think is being said here is that many of us are a little tired of seeing posts that might as well be in ALL CAPS because the poster chose to use freak to emphasize every point. The common rule has always been to act like you are talking across the bar with your fellow members. Frankly, I'm kicking someone out of my bar if they are rattling on with freak this or freak that. It's unnecessary and simply turns a great many people off. Putting an occasional curse word in for emphasis or humor is not what this is about. But if you are responding to something someone wrote with "freak this and freak that" It's just rude and crass. I don't care if there are kiddies around. Does anyone like to sit there and hear that while they are enjoying a beer or BSing with a friend at their favorite hang out?

I just don't think this is as much about the occasional curse word but how it is being used. Am I wrong here?

Doesn't bother me. Just a word (and it's not really a demeaning or insulting word). When I'm angry or fired up, I definitely curse a lot. But it's not harming anyone. I don't see the issue here. I don't think it's insulting to say fuck that. Live and let live.

But you're certainly entitled to your opinion here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Doesn't bother me. Just a word (and it's not really a demeaning or insulting word). When I'm angry or fired up, I definitely curse a lot. But it's not harming anyone. I don't see the issue here. I don't think it's insulting to say freak that. Live and let live.

But you're certainly entitled to your opinion here.
So when you are in a public place and some yahoo is going off with a bunch of curse words, it doesn't bother you or make you think - just shut the hell up already? And I'm not talking about just a few or stopping at "fuck that". I think you know me better than that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So when you are in a public place and some yahoo is going off with a bunch of curse words, it doesn't bother you or make you think - just shut the hell up already? And I'm not talking about just a few or stopping at "freak that". I think you know me better than that.

Personally, I don't, but part of that is in Ireland swearing is more common, and as a grunt we used F-Bombs as fillers when talking.

It's a generational thing I think, talking to older vets (WWII, Korea) they all said they didn't swear much in general, even in combat. Contrast to my helmet cam footage where every 3rd word was a cuss word. Our generation doesn't seem to care, you old farts just don't like it.

All kidding aside, in terms of a professional look, clean language comes across better.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So when you are in a public place and some yahoo is going off with a bunch of curse words, it doesn't bother you or make you think - just shut the hell up already? And I'm not talking about just a few or stopping at "freak that". I think you know me better than that.

Nah. If I'm thinking shut the hell up, it's not due to curse words. It's due to someone being obnoxious. And people can be very obnoxious with clean language. Just imagine a Canadian 49er fan. :LOL:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He doesn't want you to circumvent the profanity filter. It will automatically do it's job, unless you use a special character to fool it. Curse away as long as you spell it right.

@CGI_Ram , I notice that the word f*cked isn't covered by the filter. Is that an oopsie on the filter's part?

That's the message. Thank you for clarifying.

I fucked that up in the first message. (Added fucked to the profanity filter)

Alan

Legend
bluecoconuts thinking young farts don't get old:
Contrast to my helmet cam footage where every 3rd word was a cuss word. Our generation doesn't seem to care, you old farts just don't like it.
So one night in 1973 I was sitting at the bar shooting the shit with one of my buddies in club outside of Osan AB, Korea. 3 Marines game in and sat at a table that was positioned very close to us and started having a pretty loud conversation. After listening for about 10 minutes I looked over at my friend and said, "do you understand what they're talking about? He looked back at me and said, "I was just about to ask you that" and we both laughed. I might be exaggerating but I swear they said the F word every other word (every 3rd word HAH!:LOL:) and while they seemed to have no problem understanding each other, we couldn't follow the conversation AT ALL :eek:. I used to curse pretty often but not like these guys. My first wife broke me of that habit shortly after we had our first child and I don't miss it but sometimes it's absolutely necessary to express yourself adequately. I never heard my dad say a curse word. So yeah, it's a generational thing but it's also a cultural thing and I'm not talking about ethnicity. Only one of my children curse (at least around me) and he's a prison guard at Salinas Valley State Prison in Soledad, CA. Prior to becoming a guard I almost never heard him curse.

Rarely do it myself but I could care less if someone else does. My 13 year old daughter reads this forum for me occasionally when I'm really tired and she's close by and I have no problem with her reading swear words. She just says "bad word" when she comes across one and I fill in the blank in my head. She hears them from other people and in other places all the time so who would I be trying to fool by trying to protect her from those words? On the other hand, I don't let her use curse words around me. Not that she's ever tried but she knows the rules.

Management isn't asking for much and considering what they provide for us I'm surprised there's any grousing about it. Of course it's the slow time of the season so...:LOL:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You could call me a cursing-hypocrite, I suppose. I mean, my favorite phrase to use is "Get the fuck outta here" when someone says something unbelievable. And when they're irritating. lol. So I like to curse, and do it often, but really only when I know it's socially acceptable. Like when the people I'm conversing with are cursing. I also used to get pretty pissed off when people (usually kids) would curse around my children. I remember taking my kids (5 and 9 at the time) to a restaurant and the kids (probably around 15-16) in the booth behind us were cursing their heads off. I got up and kindly asked them to start using different adjectives because I had small children with me, and they were cool about it. I don't think they even realized what they were doing. Then later that night I had a softball game and we couldn't get a sentence out without at least one F-bomb in there.

Time and place for everything.
Reading the room is important.
Appearance is everything.

Those are my pearls of wisdom. Do what you will with them, yeah?

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those are my pearls of wisdom. Do what you will with them, yeah?

I might be reading into this the wrong way…but are you looking for a pearl necklace? :oops: ;)

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
My dad would always tell us, that if we needed to use a cuss word, then it showed how limited our vocabulary was. Then again, mom just let us eat soap when she heard one. I think we can all tame it a bit. Well bear scat!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To all -

CGI

Edit: I am not completely innocent here either. I like making exclamation points with words too. So I am advising myself too.
Did you have anyone spank you? :ROFLMAO: