Possible? Would you cry?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
As it being draft season, and an elongated one a that, I find myself trying out many many many different draft scenarios that could occur on draft day.

My most current scenario is one many will not be happy about.

Basically we miss out on Clowney, Mack, Matthews, Robinson and Watkins. The big 5 who are no doubt atop all of our big boards.

Just wondering how would you feel if we didn't get any of those prospects?

*no, we are not grabbing a QB with our first pick, this is after a hypothetical multi trade down scenario(not with cowpokes). Oh yea, no o-line or wr's in the first either.

I know you said no WRs, but if the Rams came out of the first round with Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard, Texas A&M WR Mike Evans, and an extra 1st round pick, you wouldn't hear a peep from me. No WR Evans? I guess I'd be fine with Michigan State OT Taylor Lewan in his place.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As it being draft season, and an elongated one a that, I find myself trying out many many many different draft scenarios that could occur on draft day.

My most current scenario is one many will not be happy about.

Basically we miss out on Clowney, Mack, Matthews, Robinson and Watkins. The big 5 who are no doubt atop all of our big boards.

Just wondering how would you feel if we didn't get any of those prospects?

*no, we are not grabbing a QB with our first pick, this is after a hypothetical multi trade down scenario(not with cowpokes). Oh yea, no o-line or wr's in the first either.

What picks are we getting? And why aren't we taking any OLs or WRs in the first?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know you said no WRs, but if the Rams came out of the first round with Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard, Texas A&M WR Mike Evans, and an extra 1st round pick, you wouldn't hear a peep from me. No WR Evans? I guess I'd be fine with Michigan State OT Taylor Lewan in his place.

You'd hear many peeps from me on Lewan. I don't like his play on the field or his actions off of it.

But if the Rams came away with Evans or OBJ in the first as well as another strong prospect...I'd be happy. Or just two strong prospects. We don't have to have a WR in the first.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What picks are we getting? And why aren't we taking any OLs or WRs in the first?

picking at #10, #16 and #24. And they are all defensive picks!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
picking at #10, #16 and #24. And they are all defensive picks!!!

10. Mike Evans WR
16. Zack Martin OL
24. Jason Verrett CB

or

10. Aaron Donald DT
16. Odell Beckham Jr. WR
24. Jason Verrett CB

or

10. Aaron Donald DT
16. Zack Martin OL
24. Jason Verrett CB

And I'm a happy camper. ;)

Hell, you could sub out Martin or OBJ and sub in CJ Mosley and I'd still be okay.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
10. Mike Evans WR
16. Zack Martin OL
24. Jason Verrett CB

or

10. Aaron Donald DT
16. Odell Beckham Jr. WR
24. Jason Verrett CB

or

10. Aaron Donald DT
16. Zack Martin OL
24. Jason Verrett CB

And I'm a happy camper. ;)

Hell, you could sub out Martin or OBJ and sub in CJ Mosley and I'd still be okay.

Come on Jerry, if you know me even 1%, you know who I'm taking at #16 lol.

Out of the three you posted, the 3rd was the best.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on Jerry, if you know me even 1%, you know who I'm taking at #16 lol.

Out of the three you posted, the 3rd was the best.

Pryor? I can't remember who your guy is. :censored:

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
I think what we need is elite players, we have a solid team, but we need guys who can take us over the top.
I was hoping we would have picked up a few in the free Agency market. Elite costs money.These days, the players want the money before they earn the right to recieve it.

scifiman

I really am not sold on Clowney because of all the red flags on effort and practice and what other coaches have said. Is he a diva? Do you want that on your team? It is a big question mark. I would be happy with Mathews or Robinson as you cant really go wrong picking either one. At 13 take Dix or Pryor FS and 1st round done. Good 1st round if you ask me. 2 starters from day 1.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Who knows... so many players wash out anyway. It could very well turn out that your method is better than going the elite route. At least when you trade down you get extra picks; so if you're drafting 20 guys instead of 12 maybe there is a higher chance that 4 of them will become starters.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to admit the fan in me would be disappointed because ive been waiting so long to see which one of the elite 5 will be in horns next year, but it might be good in the long run

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Short term having more picks would be nice if the Rams hits on all of them. Long term it would be a mistake.
There are not any 3 players drafted after Quinn that would equal what Quinn does for the Rams. We need more Quinns.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Short term having more picks would be nice if the Rams hits on all of them. Long term it would be a mistake.
There are not any 3 players drafted after Quinn that would equal what Quinn does for the Rams. We need more Quinns.

I completely agree with you. But...keep in mind that Quinn was drafted at #14. ;)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Could still be ok as long as we would nail the picks on D. I think we have stockpiled enough, but can you imagine the following scenario?:

Rams trade #2 with Browns/Jags/Raiduhs so they can lock up player of their choice.
Browns/Jags/Raiduhs stink up the joint (again) next year in a big way and we end up with the overall #1 in 2015.
We trade the rights to draft Jame(it)is Winston to the Whiners for Vernon Davis, Mike Iupati and their next 15 #1 draft picks after Colon Krapondick is caught fornicating with male farm animals.

Boom.