Positives From Eagles Loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
It isn't fun every week coming away with a loss and just having to look on the bright side of everything. But on the bright side, at least we have some positives we can look at.

-Davis' QB play
-Receivers solid for the most part
-Being able to come back from a disaster
-D-line getting pressure (Foles got away with some balls he just chucked up)
-E.J. Gaines playing solid

Now I know many of these also have a negative side to them, but you have to remember we're still the youngest team in the league. I know it's frustrating seeing the mistakes we make but it's still only year 3 of this rebuild. Everyone says this is THE year for a rebuild, but that's not taking into account the youngest roster. We're starting to get good production out of a few of our draft picks from a few years ago such as Quick and Jenkins. Once all these young players have some experience from starting so young this team will be a force to be reckoned with.

As much as I would like to blame the coaches for this inconsistency/unpreparedness,I think you can only blame them so much. The youth of this team has to learn what it takes to win in the NFL and I think many of them are still working at it. I will say that Fisher and Shotty can be frustrating at times (Shotty more so) but I think it would be foolish to get rid of them and start over this quickly. At least keep Fisher, the OC conundrum is a whole different story.

Hope you enjoyed reading. Just wanted to share some of my thoughts.

jjab360

Legend
I would love to see a hurry up O, but they aren't ready. this week is ADs 3rd start. Maybe later, but that's not a typical Fish thing.
I think if it was Hill they wouldn't be ready, but Davis knows this offense inside and out, really took control late in the game with the no huddle, hurry up offense.

That's probably a strategy we only want to use if we have to, though.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We Need To Stick To The Passing Game No Huddle Period......#RAMS

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble but I'm 99% sure that won't happen. Even if it did, it would be a bad idea. We saw what happened when we tried that last year. Schotty isn't capable enough in my opinion and we still haven't eliminated dropped passes. Also, remember what happened on our very first drive of the Eagles game (hint: pass, pass, pass, three and out)? You can't just hurry up and give the ball right back to the other team.

Davis is playing great and I'm not saying he couldn't do the no huddle all game (not saying he could either), but that's not what our team is built for.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Im disappointed in the lack of running the ball. Stacey and Cunningham and Watts seem to be pounding the ball then its right back to passing.

The halftime report from Goose he said that Fisher said he wanted to establish the run and they come out passing? I just dont get it. This is the best we have had at RB in a long time and it feels like they are being way underutilized.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im disappointed in the lack of running the ball. Stacey and Cunningham and Watts seem to be pounding the ball then its right back to passing.

The halftime report from Goose he said that Fisher said he wanted to establish the run and they come out passing? I just dont get it. This is the best we have had at RB in a long time and it feels like they are being way underutilized.

We obviously saw something we liked with our receivers vs. the Eagles secondary, we came out and passed three times in a row. And really, can you blame them? The Eagles have been bad in passing defense this year. It almost worked on the first play, that incompletion to Quick was just barely off.

I just think in this situation it would have been better to get Davis settled in and then try to start attacking their secondary. But, at least that shows the coaches aren't afraid to let Davis do what they want. They clearly have confidence in him.

fancents86

Starter
Youngest team in the league may hold up if it were mostly the rookies making mistakes. But I'm seeing most of the penalties and mistakes coming from the vets.

jdhommert

Rookie
Am I the only one who's not screaming up and down about how great our offense/Davis is/was?

Davis was 5 for his first 14 and our offense didnt really seem to move well at al until the Eagles decided it was garbage time and started the prevent or whatever...in the 3rd quarter it was still 34-7, then they seemed to give us the short to intermediate stuff all day

Im not saying he sucks but I think some are over rating him..like i said it was garbage time in the 3rd quarter and he threw 49 times

fancents86

Starter
I'm not sold on Davis. He throws extremely high at times and his long balls hang so long you could have a Super Bowl half time show from the time of release to catch.

jdhommert

Rookie
Ya I pointed that out yesterday. I thought he was originally throwing high to the big guys..but it almos tseems like every deep ball he throws sails

he doesn't have a "NFL arm" but we already knew that

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Am I the only one who's not screaming up and down about how great our offense/Davis is/was?

Davis was 5 for his first 14 and our offense didnt really seem to move well at al until the Eagles decided it was garbage time and started the prevent or whatever...in the 3rd quarter it was still 34-7, then they seemed to give us the short to intermediate stuff all day

Im not saying he sucks but I think some are over rating him..like i said it was garbage time in the 3rd quarter and he threw 49 times
Yeah, he started completing passes when the OL didn't have a free runner blitzing. The whole protection scheme against their pressures was very hard to watch, I don't get how we let them hit our inexperienced QB in his 3rd start so much. I don't see many QB's being effective behind what Davis was seeing yesterday, just give the man a pocket!

jdhommert

Rookie
Yeah, he started completing passes when the OL didn't have a free runner blitzing. The whole protection scheme against their pressures was very hard to watch, I don't get how we let them hit our inexperienced QB in his 3rd start so much. I don't see many QB's being effective behind what Davis was seeing yesterday, just give the man a pocket!
Ya you cant deny the OL struggles, thats why i said davis and the offense...success doenst come down to only the QB as logical people all know :D

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

There wasn't really trash time. The Eagles were still blitzing and trying to do what they did first half. Biggest change was our o line actually blocked halfway and our OC pulled head out of Ass and started calling some decent play calls.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Ya you cant deny the OL struggles, thats why i said davis and the offense...success doenst come down to only the QB as logical people all know :D
The success of the QB position is a direct correlation to the rest of the offense being successful. And lo and behold, the OL allows a free runner for what seemed like the whole first half and then in the end Pettis drops the most catchable ball he's ever dropped in his career. If the kid is balling don't let him down with sloppy play guys!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
^ This is correct.

There is nothing like Rams Football.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I see NO positives in a LOSE only a WIN.

Then you have my sympathy that you can't find any solace in the progress of AD throughout the game , he clearly came in nervous overthrowing people and INSTEAD of continuing to melt down , trying to score 10 points on every throw he settled down completed a lot of passes,never mind he was throwing against some prevent defenses ,he took what he was given,which is what 90% of completions amount to anyway .

I began this season with the belief that WITH Sam Bradford ,we could end up 7-9 or worse with narrower margins in some loses and still be a better team considering the divisions we play against this year.

IF someone had told me during training camp that AD would be named the starter after 3 games this year ,I wouldn't have expected we would be competitive at all, I would expect that being down that many points we'd probably be completely incapable of stopping a team from sacking our QB close to double digits.

Certainly a win would feel better , but I can't see ignoring what there was there to build upon ,we are still a rebuilding team playing a QB no-one expected to EVEN win a roster spot ,I gotta take that into account , I didn't predict a win Sunday nor did I predict one v Dallas , but I am predicting we beat the 9r's and then MAYBE the Hawks