Pompei: Rams to Move Up for Cooper? or Down? Wildcard Team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Dan Pompei ‏@danpompei

Hearing the Rams could move up for Amari Cooper, and if they can’t move up, they could move back. Wildcard team.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course, they could stay put as well.... :rolleyes:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Trade up for a WR twice in 3 years? Ballsy. I like Cooper way, way, way more than I ever liked Austin.

V3

Hall of Fame
I hate trade ups in the first round unless it's really minor. I like Cooper but I can't justify the capital it will cost the Rams.

V3

Hall of Fame
i would be ecstatic to get cooper
And then you realize what they gave up and that they now can't fill their other glaring holes.

This team isn't close enough to justify giving away picks.

iced

And then you realize what they gave up and that they now can't fill their other glaring holes.

i wouldn't mind giving up a couple of picks especially in this draft for a Stud receiver that we should have for hopefully 8+ years to come.

ain't like it was last years draft

Memphis Ram

Legend
If true, I question if the team would trade picks to move up for a WR. Perhaps they might move a player instead.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey

I think it might be... the glaring holes, IMO, are LG and RT. If Barksdale comes back, 4/5 of our starting OL is on the roster - GRob, Jones/Rhaney, Saffold and Barks.

Take Tomlinson, Cann, Koudanjio, Marpet or Morse and I believe you've filled that last major hole.

V3

Hall of Fame
i wouldn't mind giving up a couple of picks especially in this draft for a Stud receiver that we should have for hopefully 8+ years to come.

ain't like it was last years draft
Still a good chance he doesn't turn into what everyone thinks and we still only have two players on the O-line. There are other holes to fill, too.

If the Rams were one player away, I would at least understand it. They aren't. Look how well it turned out for Atlanta/Julio Jones. He's a great WR and Atlanta was close and it still killed them.

iced

Still a good chance he doesn't turn into what everyone thinks and we still only have two players on the O-line. There are other holes to fill, too.

If the Rams were one player away, I would at least understand it. They aren't. Look how well it turned out for Atlanta/Julio Jones. He's a great WR and Atlanta was close and it still killed them.

atlanta never had a d - they lost the run game and o-line, players started getting injured (o-line, roddy white, etc), abrahams got old, etc. but they haven't had a good d in awhile

I'd take my chances with my cooper - he looks like he could be great

V3

Hall of Fame
I think it might be... the glaring holes, IMO, are LG and RT. If Barksdale comes back, 4/5 of our starting OL is on the roster - GRob, Jones/Rhaney, Saffold and Barks.

Take Tomlinson, Cann, Koudanjio, Marpet or Morse and I believe you've filled that last major hole.
You're then drafting for need only. You also still need depth. I also don't trust anyone we have to play C.

V3

Hall of Fame
atlanta never had a d - they lost the run game and o-line, players started getting injured (o-line, roddy white, etc), abrahams got old, etc. but they haven't had a good d in awhile

I'd take my chances with my cooper - he looks like he could be great
The year they took JJ, they had everything but maybe a good RB. They don't have anything else now because they gave away all their premium picks and on top of that drafted poorly with the picks they did have. Trading away premium picks kills your team two or three years down the road. That's where they are now.

iced

The year they took JJ, they had everything but maybe a good RB. They don't have anything else now because they gave away all their premium picks and on top of that drafted poorly with the picks they did have. Trading away premium picks kills your team two or three years down the road. That's where they are now.

I think drafting poorly and letting good players go did more damage than trading away those picks

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Love the idea of Cooper as a Ram.

Me too, but not worth the serious cost to secure.

If Cooper is there @ #10 you waste no time with that pick & hardly stopping even with copious phone calls to Snead as your running to get your pick to the podium. WR Cooper even for me is my top Ram pick!

Other WR's White, Perriman & Parker are not in the same league IMO.

lockdnram21

Legend

our line would suck. Barksdale is not the answer