(Poll) You're the Seahawks GM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What's the smart play if you're the Seattle GM?

• Fire Carroll

• Trade Wilson

• Fire Carroll, trade Wilson

• Do nothing and rely on your pumped in crowd noise to win games

• IDGAF

Results are only viewable after voting.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If I were a new GM for Seattle, I'd fire Carroll, Norton, and Schneider, trade Wilson for a bunch of picks, trade Chris Carson, Jamal Adams (if at all possible), Bobby Wagner, anyone old or ineffective who won't be part of a dedicated rebuild. I'd keep their three receivers (Lockett, Metcalf, Eskridge) and move to a 11 personnel scheme with Waldron as HC.

Then I'd fix the offensive line, first and absolute foremost. Seattle has gotten away with shit offensive lines for at least a decade, ever since Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson left, and it's only because of Wilson that they haven't gotten creamed. If at all possible, I'd draft Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati); he could fit in an offensive scheme like what I'm building.

But I won't do it. Why? Because I want Seattle to be in the basement for years to come.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You trade Wilson, because that is what he is going to want anyway. You trade him to Pittsburgh, who might be looking for somebody right now, and they are in the AFC so you do not have to see Wilson unless you make the Superbowl. They're not making it to the Superbowl without Wilson.

I am a easy going GM. Do not fire Carroll. Let him retire when I'm trying to get the team ready for a rebuild.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd just tell Carroll to fire his OC and make an inspired hire to replace him. The Rams' offense favors the oompa loompa but the guy calling the plays is not talented, McVay didn't move him up for a reason.

Carroll basically has made two bad OC hires in a row. Hiring Schotty I mean c'mon. Then this guy. Those are two Jeff Fisher type hires.

If he would hire a talented kid OC even if he has to dip into college to do it, he could focus in on the defense and maybe have something. He's still a good coach but there is that possibility his message has timed out. I'd try to fix it with a new OC though and I'd also invest in OL in the draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I do not trade Wilson. If Stafford is good for 4-5 more, so is Wilson.

Wilson hasn’t missed a game in 10yrs. He is Seattle. That team is good because of him.

Sure the picks sound great, but Wilson will not be easy to replace.

I ride him into retirement. Put him in their Ring of Honor.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
… but their QB looked older.
He was also under a hell of a lot more pressure. Give him our OL against their defense and then tell me how he looks. BTW, he had the highest passer rating in the league through 4 weeks with that OL.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Wilson hasn’t missed a game in 10yrs. He is Seattle. That team is good because of him.

I like the way Waldron is playcalling.
Geno showed passion & Kept the pressure on. AD99 taking another penalty I always point out.Still a 95 yard drive without Wilson show’s character.
Matthew Stafford is in a must win situation & just glad the Niners got beat on Sunday & The Rams a victory Thursday.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Their defense is the problem. Quinn was there and is turning the Cowboys defense around m. I would have a private conversation and allow Carroll to retire with dignity. I would allow Quinn to pick the GM and rebuild around Wilson. As a Ram fan, I hope it takes years for them to rebuild.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The fact is Wilson is making some noise that he wants out and keeping an unhappy QB never seems to work.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
If I was the GM I would be looking for a new Job, cause I would know my time is up. If I was owner, I would fire the GM. I would offer wilson 1 percent of the team to stay on and I would hope the GM would build around one of the best players in the NFL.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Umm...shade? Just pointing out a stupid statement.
Come on bro. If I had a nickel for every passive aggressive, back handed comment from you about Stafford, I'd probably have....well.... like $2 I guess, haha. Still....

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
You never miss a chance to throw shade at our QB, do ya.
BTW, I hope he wins MVP. I think over the next month he should start clicking better. I see him holding the ball a tick too long, making him mis-fire on those deep shots. Thinking too much.

I am finding it humourous though how passes, that we would be scorching the previous QB for, is now met with all kinds of excuses.

Oh, and I mentioned this earlier. His biggest issue is that he needs to learn how to win games, manage leads, play complimentary football. He came from a place where he had to make big plays to have a chance to win games. It was all on him. He had to outscore the opponent by putting up big numbers because his defense rarely held up or made big plays.

So instead of settling for a 5 yrd completion on 3rd & 3, he is taking 30 yrd shots downfield. It's one thing to do that early in the game, although it hurt last week when you had to keep pace with the Cards, but you also can't do that when you are trying to run out the clock and shorten the game while leading like he did on Thursday or forcing that endzone pass.

So he needs to understand that. It's like an AAU basketball player, who doesn't understand time & situation when they go to play in college because nobody cares about that stuff in AAU. So they learn that in college.

Stafford has to realize there is a time and place to forgo the easy completion and take that shot. He's the opposite of what Goff became. He needs to get to what Goff was in 17-18 and with his ability to throw off multiple platforms and his added experience, he would surpass Goff 2018.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
BTW, I hope he wins MVP. I think over the next month he should start clicking better. I see him holding the ball a tick too long, making him mis-fire on those deep shots. Thinking too much.

I am finding it humourous though how passes, that we would be scorching the previous QB for, is now met with all kinds of excuses.
Can't argue that. We have some members who will go overboard either way. I have already been a bit critical of Stafford's play the last couple of weeks. You never saw me roast Jared or any other player and you won't see it happen with Stafford either. Coaches on the other hand... They're free game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd fire Carroll and Schneider before I traded Wilson. But Wilson may want out either ways. If that's the case, I keep Carroll, fire Schneider, and have the new GM trade Wilson.

I'm cleaning house, but keeping Wilson besides informing him he has a future as an NFL executive in Seattle. Out is Pete Carroll & Schneider and the rest of the staff, getting with Wilson to get his approval hiring Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley as the next Seahawks Head Coach.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Seattle's roster has deeper problems than the Rams.
The Rams highest paid defenders are actually good... not like Adams, a colossal mistake on many levels.
They do have a significant amount of space on their cap next year, so we'll see if they manage to go all-in on the FA route and keep Wilson.
I think that'd be a mistake.
Use Wilson to build draft capital.. maybe trade off one or two other vets.. then spend your money on a decent bridge QB and roster upgrades.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
If I was the GM of the Seahawks, i'd single handedly torpedo their franchise from the inside get end up fired halfway through the season...I bleed Ram blue and yellow...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It'd take something really otherworldly for me to even remotely consider that job.

The only upside really is the ownership situation (apparently, Jody Allen is a very good owner) and the fan base which is rabid and they show up (which can be a double-edged sword).

But just the Seasonal Affective Disorder alone is enough to not want that job. I'm fine with all the rain, but the lack of sun? oof...