Poll: What's The Next Move

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

With new money freed up up,what position do we address next.

• Total voters

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kayvon Webster
Trade TruJo
Ryan Gory or John Sullivan if Buffalo matches
Brandon Carr
Connor Barwin
Vance Walker as a possible rotational DE
Dekoda Watson or Kevin Minter

Just a few thoughts :D

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
They have to have a line on a center otherwise how do you cut your center and depend on maybe someone in the draft? Is the center going to be calling line adjustments? That is too much to lay on a rookie and I don't buy the cross training our guards to fill that spot, back up sure but not a starter.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
NO. In McVay's offense, the QB does the line calls.

Lot for Goff to take in. And don't anyone panic if Mannion looks better, early. When he was drafted, for those that recall, as a rookie, he was the first to understand the new offense and had to help Foles.

So I expect Mannion to get the O early, but Goff to still be the starter and get the OL calls sooner than later.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
NO. In McVay's offense, the QB does the line calls.

Lot for Goff to take in. And don't anyone panic if Mannion looks better, early. When he was drafted, for those that recall, as a rookie, he was the first to understand the new offense and had to help Foles.

So I expect Mannion to get the O early, but Goff to still be the starter and get the OL calls sooner than later.

Goff is going to need to come in and kick Mannion's @$$. He needs to know the protections, the playbook, and be in command of it. That is probably why he is attending the offseason training program, and I am sure those guys are teaching him a playbook that looks suspiciously like that of last year's Redskins.

If he's not ready to do that, then he isn't the guy the Rams thought he was. IMO of course.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Kayvon Webster
Trade TruJo
Ryan Gory or John Sullivan if Buffalo matches
Brandon Carr
Connor Barwin
Vance Walker as a possible rotational DE
Dekoda Watson or Kevin Minter

Just a few thoughts :D
I wish I could like this a 1000 times.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I googled him to see if there was any video and there it was.

To be clear, wiki is able to be modified freely by the public so it doesn't mean it's a fine deal. Could be some one screwing around.

I know. It's just strange because I never heard anything about him with any Rams rumors.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They have to have a line on a center otherwise how do you cut your center and depend on maybe someone in the draft? Is the center going to be calling line adjustments? That is too much to lay on a rookie and I don't buy the cross training our guards to fill that spot, back up sure but not a starter.

McVay's claims that they are going to teach multiple linemen how to play Center. So, he is saying they don't need one. I am not so sure that I believe him. Troy, or a drafted Centerville too much sense IMO.

Goff is going to need to come in and kick Mannion's @$$. He needs to know the protections, the playbook, and be in command of it. That is probably why he is attending the offseason training program, and I am sure those guys are teaching him a playbook that looks suspiciously like that of last year's Redskins.

If he's not ready to do that, then he isn't the guy the Rams thought he was. IMO of course.

I don't think those guys that are teaching him are working on strategy. Tom Herman is a sports psychology and sports mechanics guru. He works with baseball players too. He isn't a coach.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wouldn't mind getting Webster, and Bars in. The Wikipedia page doesn't mean anything. A fan probably changed that.

Supposedly they want to get Donald wrapped up on a contract this year. I don't know if that is happening now though. Some think it is. I would think spring/summer would be a better time, but if they are then they need money for that. He will get 14 million a year plus IMO. They need money for rookie contracts also. I don't recall for sure but I think that is 6-7 million. Trading Tru will help immensely if it happens, but if they don't I wonder how much more they can spend.

Trying to trade Tru instead of letting him go is not seeming like such a smart move right now. I hope they get something done soon.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What we need is a veteran Center that is STOUT. Almost as important, is to draft with care and insight as to who can be developed into a starting caliber center, LT, etc... I know that what I am asking, is almost like asking to hitch a ride on a flying Unicorn to Narnia, because developing players hasn't been that common in Rams Nation for a LONG TIME....

*btw...I think there is difference between players naturally learning and playing better, than a coach bringing that out of them. If not for Bellicheat and a few others, I would think "Coaching players up", is a fantasy....Let's hope that I am wrong and McVay/Phillips can make something out of Fisher's remaining players.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Don't want to be a debbie downer on this pick Wade knows him. Can't cost much. I'm thinkin reach and was hopin we had got away from coaches picking past players to bring here. Getting different stats for last year. If he only had 8 tackles then I'm not happy. Yes we need CB's but really ? Tell me something good please I'm not aware of. Sorry guys. I see reach . Wanted a big name. I'll go to bed now.:censored::cry::sleep:

I think all coaches tend to do that. They know what they're getting as opposed to the unknown. Its the old saying "The devil you know".

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just wanted to thank all you guys,for the excellent intel and well thought out Ideas.
You boys are like a bunch of freakin blood hounds.LOL.
ROD freakin rocks and you guys are why.