*POLL* What type of new stadium would you like the Rams have?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What type of new stadium would you prefer the Rams have?

• Dome

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Open / Outdoor

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Retractable Roof

Votes: 53 81.5%

• Total voters

A55VA6

Legend
Curious to see what all you guys would prefer! I myself like having a dome but I'm not quite sure if I think the Rams should stay in a dome or not. What do you guys think?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Voting for a Retractable.

Gives you the best of both worlds, outdoor in the summer....indoor for the winter. Also there's no worry of cold weather when we host Super Bowls.
The only negative is the cost.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Retractable roof with natural lighting. I like the dome, but I think having natural lighting would be cool, as well as natural grass... I say no to just outdoor games because domes are more fan friendly in area with weather... Some old stadiums will keep it outdoor for the nostalgia factor, but since that's not something that St Louis has done before, I don't see why start.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Retractable roof with natural lighting. I like the dome, but I think having natural lighting would be cool, as well as natural grass... I say no to just outdoor games because domes are more fan friendly in area with weather... Some old stadiums will keep it outdoor for the nostalgia factor, but since that's not something that St Louis has done before, I don't see why start.
Yeah.. outdoor in STL doesn't sound all that great to me. Too many weather issues during the winter. We'd be playing in bitter cold and snow a bit I'd think. Bleh.

SierraRam

Recreational User
As a Ram fan from the 60's, I say we go "open and outdoor." Back in the day, we got psyched out if we had a playoff game at Minnesota in the snow.

We have a bad weather team now. Run it down their throats, and turn the D loose. I'd love to see us host Arizona, Seattle & San Fran in December.

Of course, I live in Cali and will be watching from my living room... ;)

Dome with natural light, most retractable roofs are closed 99% of the time anyway but natural light is a must.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Playing on grass and with the defensive team Fisher and Snead and being outdoors would not be all that bad. Green Bay does it, Chicago, NY, NE, Buffalo all have just as bad if not worse weather than StL. But my vote is for a retractable roof and grass.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Voting for a Retractable.

Gives you the best of both worlds, outdoor in the summer....indoor for the winter. Also there's no worry of cold weather when we host Super Bowls.
The only negative is the cost.

This^ In everyway! And if there was ever going to be a Super Bowl in St. Louis a Retractable is a must!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Put me in the same group as the guys who can't make a decision; Retractable roof. :sneaky:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm thinking we need an open/outdoor stadium if they're gonna be by the beach in sunny California. :fighting:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Best of both worlds.

I like Indi's stadium.

I think the Rams agree. I recall they are modelling their approach after Indy. Visited Indy to learn how they did what they did, etc.

FRO

Legend
For the open stadium guys, remember how cold it was this winter? I just hope they engineer a building to hold in sound like Seattle. Maybe add some speakers with pumped in crowd noise.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Retractable roof seems like the obvious choice, but if we can't have that I'd prefer an outdoor stadium Get the real fans in there that aren't afraid to brave the elements.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont see where an open air stadium would be more adventageous than retractable roof. Open air seems such a waste of capital considering they baseball team already has their own field.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Retractable roof seems like the obvious choice, but if we can't have that I'd prefer an outdoor stadium Get the real fans in there that aren't afraid to brave the elements.

When you get older braving the elements won't sound or feel comfortable. Not a fan of spending a good amount of money and freezing to death. When I wore a younger man's clothes the thought of playing or watching a game in snow was exciting, now, my idea of a white Christmas is white sand on the beach.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Yeah both of them.
I get tired of people deciding this person is a real fan and that one isn't based on whether they prefer crappy weather or not.
Some "real fans" won't go to games because they prefer to watch the game unencumbered by anything that distracts them from the game in any way,including the idiots that think being a "real fan" dictates getting drunk and disorderly wearing fake hair that gets in the field of vision, stands when there is nothing going on ,gets argumentative when asked to sit and generally think they are a "real fan" if they try to be the show .

If I'm going to be sitting watching people play I'd rather do it in a domed stadium when the weather is cold ,doesn't mean I won't drop off the Pallavicini Lift at 42 below and hit the International first thing in the morning.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I am probably the only one, but I actually like the dark dome we have now, its very awesome when the lights go down and the players run out of the tunnel to the explosions. There isn't a place in the NFL like it.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Yeah both of them.
I get tired of people deciding this person is a real fan and that one isn't based on whether they prefer crappy weather or not.
Some "real fans" won't go to games because they prefer to watch the game unencumbered by anything that distracts them from the game in any way,including the idiots that think being a "real fan" dictates getting drunk and disorderly wearing fake hair that gets in the field of vision, stands when there is nothing going on ,gets argumentative when asked to sit and generally think they are a "real fan" if they try to be the show .

If I'm going to be sitting watching people play I'd rather do it in a domed stadium when the weather is cold ,doesn't mean I won't drop off the Pallavicini Lift at 42 below and hit the International first thing in the morning.

I should've said 'dedicated' fans. The types that, if we had an outdoor stadium, would still go to the game and not sell off their tickets to fans of the opposing team.

Obviously there are still many 'dedicated' fans that can't make it to the game for whatever reason. I just get tired of the portion of the lower bowl that are there for the 'status' that get upset when you're standing up and yelling when the opposing offense is looking at 4th and 3. The weather filter would keep these types away.